• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
quick impressions from 30mins play through of the PS3 version.

frame-rate is ok, well it's probably around 25 to 30fps, playable in other words.

default controls aren't that good, it has the L2/R2 for shoot and aim so I quickly changed them to L1/R2.

There is a fair bit of input lag. shooting mechanics are improved over gtaiv, but from my brief go, it's nothing like GOW/Uncharted, so this may give people trouble.

The cars feel different too, something i have to get used to.

the game features absolute ton of detail which is good, the bad thing is everything shimmers/wobbles when in motion. Game runs at 720p post process AA.

it's faIr to say this game is pushing the ps3 to its limits. My super slim is sounding very loud playing this, which is to be expected.

Going back to the game now.

I'm happy to see that since I'll be playing with my 360 controller on the PS3.

Cheddahz

Banned
"Your Amazon.com order of "Grand Theft Auto V" has shipped!"

zuCIcCV.gif

Oh Grim

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Pumped as all hell.

I'm assuming a bunch of us are hitting up Midnight launches?

Gonna do my usual and stroll in around 11:58 and get my copy then.

Tankshell

Guys, remember these moments... we won't feel this hyped about a game again for a very long time.

This is possibly another Mario 64, OoT or FFVII moment of awesomeness.

Guess I won't be playing this game anytime soon. Took a friend to the midnight release, and got into a stupid car accident just down the street from the store. Thankfully nobody got hurt, but my car's totaled. The police officers even thought it was funny, "Guess you got some first-hand experience now." I'm still a bit shaky.

Ding-Ding

Installing now. I'll see you boys in the spring

Edit. Sorry to hear that blue ninja. Its good you are o.k though. Cars can always be replaced. People cant

Had a friend call me a little while ago who said there are people camped out at the GameStop by his house for the midnight release. It's only 4:30 in the afternoon :lol

Live in PST time zone as well. I have literally nothing to do for the rest of the day and I just finished watching Drive on Netflix. I am so tempted to start doing the exact same thing, and just start camping it out right now. I...I just don't want to play it any later than 12:30.

On the plus side, you're guaranteed not to be the first one robbed in the parking lot.

DukeBobby

Guess I won't be playing this game anytime soon. Took a friend to the midnight release, and got into a stupid car accident just down the street from the store. Thankfully nobody got hurt, but my car's totaled. The police officers even thought it was funny, "Guess you got some first-hand experience now." I'm still a bit shaky.

Damn, glad you're alright, man.

Shit man, the main thing is that you're safe though.

LifEndz

I guess I'm old because I have zero interest in going to a midnight launch. Still, if you have nothing going on tomorrow I can't say I'm not jealous of those will be pulling an all nighter.

Raven77

I can't keep up with this thread. Buying it at Wal Mart at midnight.

Which system is better graphically? 360 or PS3?

Any other comparisons besides Gameranx?

coughlanio

Sorry to hear man, but at least nobody was hurt. What happened?

Damn, glad you're alright, man.

Shit man, the main thing is that you're safe though.

I'm just glad nobody else was hurt. My friend was real eager to get the game, too, if I'd gotten him hurt or worse, I never would've been able to forgive myself.

Did put a bit of a downer on the hype, that's for sure. :lol

Sorry to hear man, but at least nobody was hurt. What happened?

Stupid mistake, stupid accident. Let's leave it at that.

I can't keep up with this thread. Buying it at Wal Mart at midnight.

Which system is better graphically? 360 or PS3?

Any other comparisons besides Gameranx?

360 seems to have the very minor edge graphically, both versions are fairly similar though. The 2nd play disc for the 360 shouldn't be installed though as it causes a lot of pop-in and some other things. So it may be loud as a jet engine.

LifEndz

Did you break your hands or something? A totaled car shouldn't keep u from getting one video game. Hell, you're essentially grounded now with no car so you might as well get it. And I'm glad you're okay. Material things can always be replaced.

Just got a message saying it shipped. The unfortunate thing is that I live like 10 min away from the warehouse where I live and won't get to play it til tomorrow. oh well

Did you break your hands or something? A totaled car shouldn't keep u from getting one video game. Hell, you're essentially grounded now with no car so you might as well get it. And I'm glad you're okay. Material things can always be replaced.

Don't exactly feel like I deserve it right now, though, especially if there's any additional costs to the car. ;) I'll see about that later on.

Anyway, you guys, enjoy the game.

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Nope, did. They're doing it by groups and starting to hand them out at 9 p.m. I'm gonna head out there, get a ticket and come back for the midnight event. Just want to make sure I'm in Group 1 ;)

Oh, weird. At Gamestop?

My Gamestop usually has 2 groups--one that's paid and one that hasn't. The people who paid usually get a receipt with a highlighter mark or some shit and then one Midnight hits we just slide in show the receipt and you get your copy. No re-checking out on the register or anything.

I'm gonna have to bail I can't stand seeing everyone with their copy already :(

Stupid time zones, stupid round planet, stupid stupid stupid!!

I'll be having my hissy fit in the corner over there, TYVM.

d00d3n

Okay, so anyone who has watched lots of streams and is playing eu psn version right now: How are the pop in issues for eu psn compared to other versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom