• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

smuge

Neo Member
It is time. 17.09

gifs_ace_ventura_dancing.gif

Thanks to the brave soldier who gave the Search tip!

Downloading now! Only 230 minutes left! (If my bandwidth doesn't get throttled...)

Good thing I set up the PS3 near the router so I could go wired. The last thing I need is my wireless shitting out halfway through and forcing me to restart from the beginning over and over. Assassin's Creed III (big mistake, I know) took me something like two and a half days.

Me five minutes ago: "ugh so tired stupid Sony I don't think I'm gonna last much longer I just want to download and sleeeeeeepppppppppp why can't we download?!"

Me now: "Hmm, 106 minutes to go, I think I can stay up that long."
But plus the installs your looking at another 3 hours at best before you start playing :p

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Installing now.
image.php

... Sorry. Always wanted to do that.

Anyways, stay safe all you crazies driving home fast from midnight launches, and happy downloading/installing to all going digital.

Just to add to the pile, I did the following and had zero issues:

- PSN store (UK), pre-ordered on Friday
- Switched on PS3 last night to find it had tried to initiate pre-load
- Started downloading game, theme and blimp
- Left PS3 on overnight, auto-off after 5 hrs
- Installed this morning, started playing exactly at 1 AM GMT (9 AM JST)

It looks incredible. Only did the first mission (after prologue) before getting beaten up on the way to the barber's and deciding to head to work. Today is going slow, I tell thee.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I like the escapist review, but at the same time... I feel the reviewer missed the point.

Ah well. Can't say I know how they feel until I play through the campaign.

Does the PSN version have to "install" like the disc version? Or go through some kind of initial setup? Or is the only install done the one after it finishes downloading like all ps3 apps go through?

kris.

Banned
So I'm the only one here that actually preordered the game and just jumped to the front of the line. DEATH STARES EVERYWHERE

Mik2121

Damn you guys! I'm in the middle of a trip right now and not going back home until the 22nd. I'm having the game sent to me by Amazon, but still... this hurts! At least I can spend the whole day doing tourism...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't have very fast internet... between 12-15 mbs, but my estimated DL time on this is 1800 mins.

Wtf... I can only laugh at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom