• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZ_b_EZ

Almost 2/3 through my physical copy install. Line was chill at my GS. Two cute girls ahead of me that I shot the shit with while waiting. One of them kept talking about she was going to wait for hours for Elder Scrolls Online when they did a midnight release of that. Didn't want to go into GAF-mode and tell her no one will be doing midnight releases of ESO unless she lives in a major metropolitan center like NYC or LA/San Fran. I did tell her I traded in my copy of Skyrim for this game though and she gave me crap for it. Was a fun way to kill time waiting for my copy.

I'd kill to have an experience like that B(

Loxley

Half fun with the game guys n' gals. I won't be able to pick mine up for another week because of financial reasons. Oh well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
God fucking damn it. You can drive with the face buttons. I hate that. Why, why, why.....

R2 feels so unnatural.
Yup, I barely ever play racing games, so it's still really weird for me to use the trigger for acceleration.

Fjordson

Crap, I just found one lying around. Guess I am off to buy a stick tommorow with the game

EDIT: does any drive work or do you suggest a specific kind
I'm fairly certain all of the bigger name brands work. Samsung, Sony, Kingston, etc. Using a PNY one on my 360 at the moment.

red731

God fucking damn it. You can drive with the face buttons. I hate that. Why, why, why.....

R2 feels so unnatural.

To be honest - I don't really mind it.
We've played BoGT the other day with my friend and we tried to switch from face buttons to R2 and L2 and I must say that you really have more controll over speed.
We were just driving at constant speed and not humping because X press changed.

Addnan

Worst night of sleep ever, but it's almost here now. Kept waking up, refreshing tracking page. Reading about people going to midnight launches.

tdzaSKx.png

Ugh, is anyone's speed still going strong? Is there anything one can do? I'm getting like 500 Mbs every 15 minutes now. It was so fast at first, really hope the speed improves.

Ostinatto

i have installed the disc version on my PS3, and now im downloading the game from PSN, after downloading and installing. can i delete the installation from the disc?

i'm kind of confused....

Joco

So did anyone figure out if it's possible to install the "play" disc on the 360 to a USB stick so it doesn't have to run off of the disc? I can't stand having to hear my incredibly loud 360's drive whirl while playing games, and I've installed everyone of them in the past... if I can't do it for this one going to be kind of pissed off.

Tekniqs

got it preordered..thought about getting it at midnight but figured I'd probably sleep as soon as I get home any way lol. Enjoy the game guys.

any framerate complaints of the xbox version? Was gonna get it for ps3 but the framerate complaints got me thinking of switching

Hayabusi

So is the Tennis any good? Hope so. :)

Delivery on the way from Amazon UK (but they sometimes send from Germany, so could be here very soon)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just turned my launch 360 on for the first time in a long time, and holy god is it loud. This is definitely going to be its last game. I can't stand the noise for anything else.

*Massive caveat in that seeing as I've played all but 5 minutes, these are truly first impressions*

Characters still kinda feel like shit to move around with. What is with R* and just sucking balls at making decent traversal mechanics? Everything is so sticky and sluggish.

Recoil

Guys, I don't get the aiming. Can someone explain to me?

It's just a right thumbflick to auto-lock on a target, right? But sometimes it doesn't seem to want to lock?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh damn son! Today is the day! I know I'm probably the last person on GAF to get this game, but whatever :D!

Are we enjoying it thus far?

TentPole

*Massive caveat in that seeing as I've played all but 5 minutes, these are truly first impressions*

Characters still kinda feel like shit to move around with. What is with R* and just sucking balls at making decent traversal mechanics? Everything is so sticky and sluggish.

Love the weight.

Fjordson

lol @ the lines at gamestop when i was stopping by at FedEx office.
People were lined up at my GameStop over 6 hours ago. Ridiculous.

I still want to grab it tonight so I think I'll just go a little while after 12 when most of the crowd has died down and pick up my copy. I don't have work or anything tomorrow.

Madness

Well, the game's fun.

I don't get what has people so impressed about the graphics, though.

Probably the fact it's running on hardware nearly 8 years old.

From the launch of the gamecube, if you went back 8 years, you would have been playing super nintendo. So can you imagine say a wind waker being made on the same hardware that link to the Past was made on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Installing now. BTW I can confirm the GameStop steel book doesn't have a slip cover :(
I have the PS3 version, is there an install waiting for me? (Can't read the OP because my 3g data is about to run out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom