• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horp

So, is it running pretty good on Ps3?

I'm a "PC fanboy" as you call them.
I got this game for PS3 off PSN last night; played it only like 1-2 hours before going to bed. It seems great. I'm really hyped to play more. Yeah, there's some aliasing, but it runs smoothly enough and overall looks pretty damn good.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I'm a "PC fanboy" as you call them.
I got this game for PS3 off PSN last night; played it only like 1-2 hours before going to bed. It seems great. I'm really hyped to play more. Yeah, there's some aliasing, but it runs smoothly enough and overall looks pretty damn good.

Thanks!

Looks like the radio station music is much better than IV. Getting hyped!

SirNinja

Anyone else have the PSN version up and running? Please tell me it doesn't have the popup of the 360 version with both disks installed...

Lucario

time to play 'will my launch ps3 survive this game'

probably not :( and I just bought a stereo to listen to the wavves radio station on, too.

actually I'm going to be honest

I've never played a GTA to completion/for more than 20 minutes. I bought this because wavves. Am I in way over my head here?

Love the game so far but three complaints based on the PS3 version.

-Framerate seems to go to shit when driving in first person view
-I love the drive handling in the GTAIV but it definitely has change in this one. Don't know if its better or not but its noticeable.
-There is only one button to change the radio stations, and the listing of the stations goes by to quick to see whats playing.
For the radio hold left on the dpad and go through them with the right stick.

My download speed took a nose dive as well. I'm currently sitting at 70% took about 30-40 mins to get from 5 to 70%

Before than it was 5 minutes.

Looks like I may not play tonight.

Also PST here so only 11:40pm. hmm nap time?

Lucario

My download speed took a nose dive as well. I'm currently sitting at 70% took about 30-40 mins to get from 5 to 70%

Before than it was 5 minutes.

Looks like I may not play tonight.

Also PST here so only 11:40pm. hmm nap time?

I should really sleep, having the same issues

but I won't

buttonsmasher

Neo Member
anyone having a problem with the sound on their ps3 copy? ps3 makes the menu click sounds on the xmb, but the game itself has no audio... really irritating. checked all my
audio options, too, but no go.

i just want to shoot guns and steal automobiles with sound. :(

My favourite feature of GTAV? You can quick save anywhere in the game and when you load up your save you appear exactly where you were.

To quick save through the phone.

I thought I should mention it again - no more going to your safe house to save!

Gjerven

You could swap the driving controls to square and X in GTA IV. What's wrong with options?

It's not a huge deal, but is disappointing.

Wait.. So you can't swap the driving controls in V?!? I'm feeling that the driving is going to be the most difficult part of the game for me if this is true.

Well, hopefully I will adapt rather quick..

anyone having a problem with the sound on their ps3 copy? ps3 makes the menu click sounds on the xmb, but the game itself has no audio... really irritating. checked all my
audio options, too, but no go.

i just want to shoot guns and steal automobiles with sound. :(

Have you tried gong into settings in GTAV, chose sound and change it from speakers to TV or headphones?

Played a bit. Really enjoying it. I love how seamless cutscenes to gameplay are.

Car handling is very very different from GTAIV. I like it better personally. Cross between arcade and the really heavy feeling IV had.

Framerate (360 version) seems consistently under 30fps to me when driving. Not horrible though. Jaggies are much more noticeable when driving and pretty jarring.

Playing from the disc (after the mandatory install on 360) I did have the game lock up on me. Went to a black screen and then restarted like I just selected the game from the dashboard. Even had a message mentioning the crash but I skipped through it before reading much.
Why is the install music so good???
I know!

Fun as hell. Love the physics and little details like popping someone's tank and watching the fuel leak out leaving a burning trail. Or jumping too early when on a ledge and watching your dude flip over the rail and bust his head on the pavement lol.

Dem jaggies though augh

TheContact

Almost 2/3 through my physical copy install. Line was chill at my GS. Two cute girls ahead of me that I shot the shit with while waiting. One of them kept talking about she was going to wait for hours for Elder Scrolls Online when they did a midnight release of that. Didn't want to go into GAF-mode and tell her no one will be doing midnight releases of ESO unless she lives in a major metropolitan center like NYC or LA/San Fran. I did tell her I traded in my copy of Skyrim for this game though and she gave me crap for it. Was a fun way to kill time waiting for my copy.

Smart girl should have married her

kris.

Banned
Only been playing about an hour, but driving down the street and jammin' ADHD by Kendrick Lamar is fucking sublime. I'm already in love with this game.

Fun as hell. Love the physics and little details like popping someone's tank and watching the fuel leak out leaving a burning trail. Or jumping too early when on a ledge and watching your dude flip over the rail and bust his head on the pavement lol.

Dem jaggies though augh

This game needs a next-gen/PC version big time. It's a shame all the detail gets washed up in that terrible aliasing.

taoofjord

360 version here. Anyone having issues with dark areas going grayish and losing their shades of brightness? Sometimes it turns blue and it kinda looks like some weird photoshop filter. It's hard to describe.

I'm wondering if its either a problem with the color space in the dashboard settings or just something I need to adjust on my TV. I haven't noticed it on any other 360 games. Also, the in-game brightness calibration makes no sense! Just how visible should the Rockstar logo be?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
In line at the Lloyd Center Gamestop in Portland. At least 150 people here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom