• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

49658-johnny-depp-ed-3af3i.gif

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Only while driving. When you're on foot or not moving, the game is quite stunning.

I've noticed this as well after spending more time with the game. I'm pretty sure they've employed dynamic resolution or they remove the AA pass when you're in a vehicle.

The game looks noticeably better on foot

This game is hilarious.

Agreed, this game just gets funnier and funnier. So many classic moments

Nearly done installing, my fucking walmart cancelled their midnight launch last minute and I had to go to another!

Cant wait to finally start, gonna pull an all nighter on this one.

Dunkelgrau

GAF, I hate this.

Currently I am ill and not in the office, so it would be the best time to play GTA V. First problem: No PS360. Second problem: No money.

I could sell my Wii U, but when all the big games arrive in 2014, I would buy it again, which will be a waste of money. Similar problem with my 3DS XL.
On the other hand I think, that there will be a PC/Next-Gen-Version.

Damn it. Dont know what to do.

Flek

Banned
as i walked to the train station checking my delivery status for gtaV on my phone some guy put up a lot of posters behind me. So i turned arround to see its all for gta v :( feels bad man

U2NUMB

Alright 2 hours in.. loving it so far. I spent the weekend playing GTA IV and the step up visually is pretty solid. The game certainly has jaggies and its very obvious when driving. On foot it is so gorgeous.

But so far its a ton of fun. Looking forward to letting this game hold me over till the BF4 beta and then next gen. The wait will be easy now with this game.

Enjoy everyone!

Sn4ke_911

]blacky[;82270593 said:
GAF, I hate this.

Currently I am ill and not in the office, so it would be the best time to play GTA V. First problem: No PS360. Second problem: No money.

I could sell my Wii U, but when all the big games arrive in 2014, I would buy it again, which will be a waste of money. Similar problem with my 3DS XL.

Come on, be a little bit more creative please, sell your kidney, rob a bank etc.

tons of options to make money.

I'm sorry for you dude :/

monkeyhat

Did anyone receive their copy from ShopTo today? I had to leave for work before the postie came this morning, so I'm hoping it'll be there when I get home. Looked back a few pages but couldn't see any mentions!

Riggs

Banned
Two strippers at once was hilarious just now. She invited me over once I filled the flirt meter too. I wonder if anything will come from that.

Fuck you playah!

Fifi does not sleep around is what I got when I invited her home, and I filled meter. GTA strippers won't even fuck me!!!! FML.

TheBioExorcist

Neo Member
So I'm totally out of the loop on this game, but there's no PC release like for IV?

Still totally weirded out they didn't port Red Dead Redemption to PC considering the mods that would have made it look unbelievable.

Sn4ke_911

So I'm totally out of the loop on this game, but there's no PC release like for IV?

Still totally weirded out they didn't port Red Dead Redemption to PC considering the mods that would have made it look unbelievable.

Nothing has been announced yet but it's coming.

Mr YuYu

Whats the news on PS3 launch consoles playing GTA V? I'm kinda worried it might kill my console.

Still have way too many games on the HDD atm to have my machine killed :-/

Better go with the 360 version just to be sure?

]blacky[;82270593 said:
GAF, I hate this.

Tomorrows headline: Man steals car to buy Grand Theft Auto game.

GQman2121

Banned
Okay, so I've come across the first genuinely unimpressive thing so far with the visuals. The garage door at the Grove Street Garage looks like a blurry mess. It's as if the texture isn't loading.

My bald head and Rick Ross beard, however is awesome.

I picked my copy up at BB around 12:30am, and there were 3 people inside, including me. Guy at the counter told me there were 150 people there, but they started letting people in around 10:30, since it was chilly outside and they wanted everyone squared away by 12. I will never stand in line for a midnight launch again, fuck that noise!

First thing that blew my mind while playing was the first time I used the in car camera view while driving at night. I thought I was playing GT5; the lighting is fucking excellent! My memory is a little cloudy, but is this the first GTA to offer that view? It's my favorite way to travel around the city now, it looks so slick.

TheBioExorcist

Neo Member
Nothing has been announced yet but it's coming.

Cool, can't wait, that would be a Day 1 buy for me on Steam! Mods would of course eventually make it look insane with all the newer cards and whatnot. But still sad about RDR....

In any case, which version is best to buy right now? I refuse to pay MS for XBLA so no online there for me, and I've used up my alt acc 30 days free stuff. But which is the best to buy from a visuals, performance, and gameplay perspective?

Zeliard

This game is nuts. when it comes to "realistic" storytelling in an open world game this is the best there is

The character interactions so far are great. Sublime voice acting and engaging, often amusing dialogue writing. Humor is so hard to get right in games but I think they've nailed it here, and the performers just sell it so damn well and tend to effectively cover up whatever weaknesses there are in the writing.

My bald head and Rick Ross beard, however is awesome.

Was so tempted to put the Rick Ross beard on Franklin, but I figured I'd leave that to later on when shit undoubtedly goes down and Franklin goes into don't-give-a-fuck mode. Then he'll go bald/beard Max Payne 3 hellraiser style. I've got him sporting cornrows right now.

Man this game can look extremely gorgeous at times depending on the location and time of day. Dem colours!

Also.........the music (not the radio) is a fantastic addition and really stands out as being something really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom