• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

OK, at work now. Of course I had to wait for the game to unlock, that was 3 AM my local time. I also found out that the pre-ordered items have a specific information tag that tells you the precise time it will unlock on PSN. Just select the item, press triangle and choose Information.

Anyhow, had my first proper GTA storybook moment too. Was cruising down the highway on a chopper, the sun was rising across the horizon, that sweet dawn light lit the world and the radio was playing this song. So good. This is home.

Hayabusi

Because some of the latest and more demanding games have been said to kill launch PS3's. (overheating etc...)

Games like Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us for example.

Great...
Just ordered TLOU and only played Uncharted 3 for around 4-5 hours (but no problems there)

Teknoman

Man this game can look extremely gorgeous at times depending on the location and time of day. Dem colours!

Also.........the music (not the radio) is a fantastic addition and really stands out as being something really great.

Yeah! An actual OST for the action segments is something i've always wanted in GTA. On that note, Snapomatic adds Spotify tracks to your shots when you take a pic from inside a car.

Just got my special edition copy and a strategy guide.

There was easily 75 people there, probably closer to 90ish. Blew my fucking mind, as there are 2 more GameStops in a 5 mile radius also doing midnight launches.

Teknoman

OK, at work now. Of course I had to wait for the game to unlock, that was 3 AM my local time. I also found out that the pre-ordered items have a specific information tag that tells you the precise time it will unlock on PSN. Just select the item, press triangle and choose Information.

Anyhow, had my first proper GTA storybook moment too. Was cruising down the highway on a chopper, the sun was rising across the horizon, that sweet dawn light lit the world and the radio was playing this song. So good. This is home.

What station?

batbeg

Just got off work and picked this up. First GTA I've played since 3 so I'm excited. Installing while I have my preparation bowl

ekim

Press Jump and Attack the same time :)
Cannonball :)

And you can free aim even with lock on enabled by half pressing RT on the 360.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

but why can you do this? what's the reason behind? just for fun or is there more to it?

terrible

Banned

Jump + B (or circle on PS3) is the greatest thing ever. I launched myself at a guy sitting on a bench and I killed him by head butting him, then someone took out their phone and started recording me and I dove into him as well and he ran away. Hahaha too good.

Jb6ecYS.jpg

The fuck
dmliZ52.png
how does an install take that long
dmliZ52.png

Zeliard

Jump + B (or circle on PS3) is the greatest thing ever. I launched myself at a guy sitting on a bench and I killed him by head butting him, then someone took out their phone and started recording me and I dove into him as well and he ran away. Hahaha too good.

I also love that this game has one-hit knockouts if you hit someone just right. And it can look so great with Euphoria.

HoodWinked

i figured they wouldnt have it but i checked the for the hell of it a shit ton of redboxes already have this game. seems that they already preloaded the kisoks and the game unlocked at midnight. anyways i ran down and grabbed a copy and waiting for the silly ass install now. sorry ps3 only cause redbox only carriers 1 disc games.

http://www.redbox.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3

Foffy

Banned
I have a question to those who have the game already. Outside of
Stranger missions, flying under bridges, and stunt jumps,
what else can you do that ISN'T on the map? I do recall one review that said
Franklin's dog can sniff out hidden packages, so I assume there's also that.

Fjordson

Just got back from GameStop. Good lord, the crowd was massive. Easily dwarfed the crowd for Red Dead Refemption when I got that.

Now we wait for the install.

Dammit guys, I have to work in about an hour at a record/game store. A whole day of people buying GTA V and me just selling it to them, unable to play the game for another 8 hours.

:(

i had a dream the other day that i created a kickstarter page for a fake portable radio player, that had ever station from every gta game with all their songs and DJ filler and commercials and you could tune to them just like a real radio. i was so happy because it was getting funded and R* and all the musicians gave me the go ahead.

then i woke up, i was sad such an amazing device wouldn't exist.

Played a few hours and I am loving it. But I am going to talk about some of the negatives here, I stole a fire truck and there is no fire missions. I got in a cop car and no crime fighting missions. A look around and there are no hidden packages or any collectibles. I did a side mission that involved a tow truck but once the mission was over that was it, it didn't unlock tow truck missions. I look at the stats and there are only 16 random events in the entire game world. Its missing so many of the things I love to just mess around with in GTA, I am kind of bummed.

I am sure as the game goes on I will be in complete love but it sucks to see so much stuff cut out.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got my shipping order through for GTA last night; it said my copy was floating somewhere over Germany. Get up this morning to find it is already in good ol' blighty and only a few hours away from being delivered. Woot woot!

...shame I have to do this work business first.

I also take back every throat mangled curse I was throwing at R* Warehouse. They made good on their promise.

Anyways, I'm off till I get some hands on time with this beauty.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Played a few hours and I am loving it. But I am going to talk about some of the negatives here, I stole a fire truck and there is no fire missions. I got in a cop car and no crime fighting missions. A look around and there are no hidden packages or any collectibles. I did a side mission that involved a tow truck but once the mission was over that was it, it didn't unlock tow truck missions. I look at the stats and there are only 16 random events in the entire game world. Its missing so many of the things I love to just mess around with in GTA, I am kind of bummed.

I am sure as the game goes on I will be in complete love but it sucks to see so much stuff cut out.

DLC.

hopefully...

glaurung

Regarding the pop-in.

I noticed it a few times during the opening cutscenes, where the game obviously tries to show you very different places in a quick succession. Even stuff like detailed ground textures popped in pretty noticeably.

But during actual game play and story mission cutscenes, I never noticed any of that. In fact, the crossover from in-game movement to a pre-mission/post-mission cutscene is done so smoothly, it feels like magic.

I also went on a cross-island bike cruise and never noticed any pop-in. The framerate remained sturdy as well.

So there. PSN digital edition being described.

Sessler said there was hidden packages

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, the framerate is pretty unstable on PS3. Smoother than IV, no doubt, and the game itself looks rather impressive but the framerate is not steady at all. Driving through the city at high speed feels pretty jittery and awful to me as a result.

I could see it in the videos as well but was hoping it was due to poor Youtube quality. Clearly not the case.

SpecX

Yes! Download completed and finally installing. I had to pause the download and start it back up on PSN to get the damn thing moving again. Stuck at 93% for so long :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom