• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting tons of unreadable disc errors and "game content is missing or corrupted, please insert disc 1" errors. Tried it with two Xbox's and same thing. Furthest I've gotten is the first 5 minutes of the game. Think I may have gotten a bad disc. :'(

skip1.png

Oh man the look on Franklin's face if you let yourself
*3rd mission spoiler*
get caught in Michaels house is hilarious. The guy who's behind the girl in the kitchen screamed "HE'S BLAAAACKK!!!!"LOL

Nibiru

Banned
Well i bought the game for ps3 even though I said I would wait:p

The constant swearing and annoying dialogue of the Franklin Clinton segment is killing me but Ima stick with it. If only I could turn off the voices lol.

The High car camera angle is awesome but it kind of ruined an early moment since you can't really see yourself in the car and I can see that happening again in the future.

IMACOMPUTA

Yeah, I've done that too. I've tried everything to get him to do something else but nothing. Hmm.
I'm under the impression that you have to play tamagotchi chop on the ifruit app to train him.

Can someone tell me how to rob a clothes store? Or can you only rob liquor stores?

And I dunno what was going on with some of those early streams, but the traffic jumps from decently populated to pretty packed very regularly. Almost none of that "ghost town" stuff people were worried about during the leaks. If you have a random event that blocks flow on a major street or block a 6 lane freeway, it's pretty much gridlock. Very impressive for this generation. Pedestrian density, on the other hand, is a bit poor when you're driving.

It's weird how this game is making me more excited for next gen than anything we've seen for next gen. Like, imagine what devs are going to do if Rockstar could get THIS out of the PS360.

-Deimos

I don't know about everyone else, but my framerate on PS3 is horrible. Really horrible. Like sub 25 fps almost all the time. Especially when I'm driving or shooting. The lighting and anti-aliasing are pretty bad too compared to the gameplay trailer and maybe even the streams, but it could just be me. They're definitely not as good as the gameplay trailer, though.

Despite that, the game's still fun. I'm still early in the game and it's kind of boring, but I have a feeling it's going to pick up soon.

I just hope that my saves will transfer over when the PC version comes out.

Ghost23

The first thing I did was try to find a bike. No luck.

So I tried to find an airport so I could fly. No luck

I did, however, run into the airbase and got blown up by tanks. It was pretty tight.

Madness

Don't know if it has any bearing on the story and it's probably a spoiler for anyone who probably hasn't encountered it, but so I was driving by and a random event occurred where I met a character. Please don't read if you don't want to:

two guys were holding people hostage but forgot a getaway car, I pull up and they say if I can drive them away, they'll share their loot. So I do and escape the two star wanted level and this guy's voice is so familiar and he's talking about how his family were bigshots in Liberty City and how they did this bank job, at the end of the mission he's like I'm here for you anytime and turns out it's Packie McReary from Dukes, LC. I always thought he'd be a future character in a sense, thought GTA V would be about him in London or something.

Haven't done many missions or anything either, so I don't know how big this is or what.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Somehow I like Michael the most. His story is far more interesting to me than the others.

He has appealed to me since the first trailer over the others.

Franklin is a cool dude, no doubt... but he feels too innocent, even when he repo's the assets of a dead man.

Straight up, though... Fuck Trevor. Fun character, but man... I can't take the insanity. First impression of him in the first cutscene made me hate him.

graboids

man... I am not feeling this game at all so far... when does it get good? I feel like nothing has happened and I have nothing on the map to advance the story. Only a few hours in but I'm frustrated... I have to be missing something obvious.

Yeah are you on 360? The volume is mixed ridiculously low so I have to put my receiver up a lot higher than usual. The gun sounds woeful no matter what volume you're at though.

Yep, have the 360 version too. The sound mix is very low and at first i thought one of my power amps were kaput, because i had to put up my level a lot higher than usual.

And yes, even then, the weapon sounds and engine sounds are quit weak and low.

jWILL253

Banned
I'm at work, but the last mission I finished was the first Lenny mission.
Watching the LifeInvader guy get his face blown off like that on TV... so awesome!

Game is awesome so far. Haven't done the first heist yet, but I'm close. One question about it though, in every video I've seen of it
one of the bikers dies before going into the tunnels.
Is that scripted? Or is there a way to avoid it?

Dresden

Went through the first heist.
The character switch stuff shines, even when it's forced. My gunman (who I cheaped out on) ate it en route.

Ploid 3.0

Game is awesome so far. Haven't done the first heist yet, but I'm close. One question about it though, in every video I've seen of it
one of the bikers dies before going into the tunnels.
Is that scripted? Or is there a way to avoid it?

I think you can
avoid it by paying the big bucks for the more experienced gunner/weapons expert
I'm not sure though. I just got the ones I needed.

So where do I insure my awesome new motorcycle?

Just put a upgrade on it and you can reclaim it at the impound if you lose it.

I just played the game for 8 hours straight without even realizing it.

Shit's dope.

Went through the first heist.
The character switch stuff shines, even when it's forced. My gunman (who I cheaped out on) ate it en route.
I assumed that was supposed to happen regardless.

I think there's a reason they suggest you cheap out on him if you go tactical

kiryani

Also wondering if and how to change your reply to a text message.

Not had this much fun since GTA:SA. It shows up GTA4 for the boring grey mess it always was.

Sushigod7

Installing now going to play awhile tonight I hope this exceeds my expectations and is fresh I'm getting bored with games right now. I am looking forward to online either way though that looks amazing.

Franklin is a really cool character but every single person he interacted with so far is TERRIBLE. Lamar, his aunt, Stretch, Tonya, Beverly... UGHHH

Edit: Can't forget the car dude. I forget his name.

Ploid 3.0

Thanks. I'll see what happens when I get there.

I wanted to train someone, but I suppose it's better to do the best job and get the max money than to be cheap and hire noobs. I was missing that loot that the biker lost :(

Also I had a in my face pop in moment (PSN game). I was driving and destructible barricades spawned right near me. It was pretty weird.

Just wanted to check, does the PS3 version have any support for custom soundtracks at all? Would prefer that version but it's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Only played about an hour and half, but I'm already enjoying it more than GTA IV. Haven't played as Trevor yet, but I'm really liking Michael and Franklin.

Any word on total length of the game? I'm guessing about 30 hours like IV was, but I'm not sure.

Jharp

So I'm a court courier in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and I've already noted my first recognized landmark (outside obvious things like the skyline and such) only an hour or so into the game. I was doing Tonya's stranger mission where you go help her tow a car for her crack addicted boyfriend. The impound lot you pick the tow truck up at is located right behind a building in Ganton that looks exactly like the Compton courthouse, my old work stomping grounds (and where I've served jury duty twice). I wish I had pics of the in-game version, but lolconsoles so I can't take screens. In any case here's the location if you guys care. It's the free standing several-stories high building with the art piece out front.

8hq.png

For comparison, Compton courthouse:

compton-courthouse-image11.jpg

rmit6g.jpg

P6070349.JPG

Little things like this make me happy and will render the rest of the game pretty special to me. Those of you who grew up in LA or Southern California probably feel the same way. I did play San Andreas back in the day, as well as that first True Crime game, but they always felt very divorced from real life. This feels like a genuine representation of where I live. It's weird to see it in a game.

I also hike the Hollywood sign every now and again with friends. I think I'll go see how that is in the video game realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom