• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's... just clothes ._. They can render entire cities and come up with brilliant solutions to so many technical issues - but they still made it so that you had to wait 2 seconds each time you're browsing one piece of cloth? Fuck, man...

Atleast the loading was faster than you giving out your psn

Siegmeyer

The only thing I'm pretty disappointed with so far is that there seem to be no collectibles to find. There are so many detailed buildings and other environments to explore, but there never seems to be any reward for doing so. Makes walking/running/climbing around on foot seem pointless.

There are. I found a one at
the top cable car station on Mount Chiliad, and it said '1 of 50 pieces of scrap paper collected'

Aww, individal Strangers and Freaks missions count towards the overall total? Does that mean that there's really only 20 odd?

Game is so good.

So does the game ever send you to other parts of the map other than LS? Trevor's section was cool, but now we're just back in LS and have been for ages.

It's seems silly that with over half the main missions done it's almost been entirely in the city. Are they gonna waste all of that map they built?

Shadybiz

Played a couple hours of this yesterday. I am definitely impressed.

• Driving feels good; an improvement over IV (imo). Franklin's special ability is maybe a bit TOO good...at one point, I pretty much did four 90 degree turns to get around a bus in an intersection. Still fun to use, though.
  • Missions so far are just challenging enough at this point. Not too hard, not too easy.
  • Tennis is fun. It's no Top Spin (lol ign), but it works. Can't wait to try golf.
  • Swearing: I've heard worse.
  • Police chases are an improvement over IV (again, imo). In a 3 star chase, it's fairly easy to get out of line of sight, and from there, just stay out of the cones for awhile.
Can't wait to play more.

kiryani

I think Bawsaq is down because its integrated into everyone's game, probably struggling with the servers. We all have the same stock prices and rise and falls with Bawsaq as long as you're online.

The other one is just inside your game

Revven

Started playing last night (played for like an hour or so). Really liking it so far and I'm really glad they managed to "fix" the player movement. It's unfortunate, though, that they sacrificed being able to walk slowly on your own with the stick in order to accomplish that. =\

Oh well. Still really fun regardless! Only complaint is the shooting from the car mechanics... who thought that was a good idea?

KorrZ

I'm absolutely inlove with this game at this point. I've only put about 5-6 hours into it (damn you working until 6PM and then having to wake up at 6 AM :().

I laughed pretty good at their self parody. Very early mission dialogue spoiler:
When Lamar makes a joke about the typical GTA structure - Do missions for 1 guy, shit goes bad, start all over with a new guy

I have to say, the early GAF impressions when people started freaking out about performance had me worried, but this game runs great for me. Way better than expected.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How exactly should they have "fixed" the shooting from the car-mechanics? I think it's perfect, but I also love playing with both analogs at the same time.
I laughed pretty good at their self parody. Very early mission dialogue spoiler:
When Lamar makes a joke about the typical GTA structure - Do missions for 1 guy, shit goes bad, start all over with a new guy
Yeah, I laughed a lot at that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkfyEajHKI
@8:30

Gun sounds are pretty lame, I was hoping they would sound like they did in RDR :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByjflMpl77M

Yeah, that's preeeetty disappointing for me too (especially when you consider the brilliant sound design for the rest of the game). After RDR and MP3 you'd think they'd finally have their shit together for GTA5. But it still seems to suck. Maybe I'll find better sounding/feeling weapons later on. But I'm not holding my breath. Even the first revolver in RDR felt amazing (as did the first pistol in MP3).

Played to the first mission with Trevor last night.

This game is better than anything even announced for next -gen...

...PS4 still day one, but the beauty of this game cannot be denied (PC gamer, here).

Dead Man

How exactly should they have "fixed" the shooting from the car-mechanics? I think it's perfect, but I also love playing with both analogs at the same time.

Yeah, I laughed a lot at that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkfyEajHKI
@8:30

Not shooting the whole time would be nice. Having an actual trigger would be nice. SR2 had it perfect, cruise control to maintain speed if you wanted, a reticle you can see, and that is all that needs to be fixed.

Pachimari

I arrived at Mount Chilliad for the first time and found a parachute. I jumped out from the mountain as Trevor but how do I unleash the parachute guys? =/

DC1

Played to the first mission with Trevor last night.

This game is better than anything even announced for next -gen...

...PS4 still day one, but the beauty of this game cannot be denied (PC gamer, here).
Whooah there cowpoke!

We haven't played GTAV for next gen yet! ;)

Probably my only complaint is the camera while driving. I couldn't get used to it in IV and it doesn't seem much better in V. It just doesn't work for me and I end up being horrible at driving because of it.

I'm probably gonna shit myself when that happens.

It freaked me the hell out. I could actually see it getting closer and closer to me in the distance - but I was too slow for it to make an escape in time.....

The thing was damn massive and the way it moved was eerily realistic. And the blood looked really impressive underwater when it had me in its jaws.

Yoshichan

ARE YOU SURVIVING WORK, YOSHI?
It's a pain in the ass... I can't focus at all and GAF ain't helping! Shouldn't be more than 3 hours till I can start playing again! What about you man, how you holding up?
Apparently one of the ign writers claimed that the tennis minigame was as good as Top Spin. Didn't see the article myself, but a couple of gaffers mentioned it.
Horrible. Absolutely horrible if true.
Guess you haven't played GTA4 in a while.
I remember GTAIV fine, I think... how is it different? In GTAIV, I lock on to someone, I press the shoot button, I flick the stick to target the next enemy, rinse repeat.

It's identical to how I play in GTAV... what am I missing out here? :lol
Probably my only complaint is the camera while driving. I couldn't get used to it in IV and it doesn't seem much better in V. It just doesn't work for me and I end up being horrible at driving because of it.
You can change that in the options. Hope it helps!

Fjordson

Got a hold of my first jetski. Love jumping waves and I was worried it wouldn't have a radio but of course it does. Been out here for like 40 minutes!

Pachimari

The pictures I have taken in-game, can those be found on Rockstar's Social Club website?

It's a pain in the ass... I can't focus at all and GAF ain't helping! Shouldn't be more than 3 hours till I can start playing again! What about you man, how you holding up?

Horrible. Absolutely horrible if true.

I remember GTAIV fine, I think... how is it different? In GTAIV, I lock on to someone, I press the shoot button, I flick the stick to target the next enemy, rinse repeat.

You can change that in the options. Hope it helps!
Why are you not playing with free aim? Change it in settings.

heh all,

playing gta v obviously,

i think the car upgrade system seems cool,

but sadly there seems to be no incentive for me to do it to multiple cars due to the antiquated garage system

basically am i wrong in assuming you can still only put one car in each garage?

would much rather it be a sleeping dogs style of garage system

or do you get a car dealership later?

thanks for help in advance

As long as you hold the left trigger the reticule permanently follows the target, which is not the case with this game. At least on whatever default control layout it started with.
Why would anyone use free aim with a controller.

Yoshichan

B-b-b-b-but... cinematic experience!!!
As long as you hold the left trigger the reticule is permanently follows the target, which is not the case with this game. At least on whatever default control layout it started with.
Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the clarification! :)

Denzar

I'm playing with free aim, but DAYUM that reticle is tiny!

Makes it really hard to aim!

Any solutions? Except "buy a new TV". (It's a 42")

First note..

Stealing a civilian airplane does not equip your character with a parachute.. learned that the hard way when I stole a jet to get to a mission point.

Second..

360 is not wearing its age well with graphics..

taoofjord

Of the people who prefer GTA IV's driving over V has anyone played around with the sliding cars cheat?

I tried it only for a few minutes this morning so I don't know how I feel about it yet but it would be nice if we could use the cheat in free roam. Were cheats usable in IV's free roam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom