• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

"Hey when you get home I'm gonna smell ya dick! So it's best you keep it in your pants!"

GTA is back bitches. Also, how do I rob gas stations or am I not far enough into the game?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Not sure whether to suit and boot Trevor. I like my characters suave, but its not in his nature

Same here, I've got him clean shaven and bald, some glasses on, and then I took him to Ponsonys. I was hoping to go for the Agent 7 kind of look, but the suits didn't really look anything like it, so I gave him a jumper instead, some smart trousers and nice shoes. The personality might not fit, but at least he looks a little classier than he does when you first get him.

fRHEHMi.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not sure whether to suit and boot Trevor. I like my characters suave, but its not in his nature
Make him as Rockabilly as possible is what I did. That 70s polo, the boots and jeans with the beard.

I'm actually surprised there's not a mission where people think Trevor's some LA hipster. He can pull it off with his actual vintage clothes.

Megasoum

Banned
I had a random event where some woman lured me into an ambush

now all I need is some giant robot assholes, and a girl asking me to fetch her balloon, and that Spider-Man 2 feeling will be complete

Yeah I got it too..was so predictable (hey, I played RDR lol)... I had my gun out before I even went around the house.

EGOMON

Wait, you have to pay for those? They were free for me, too. Could it be a thing where R* gave them away to people playing within a certain amount of time after 12:00am on launch day?

Wtf, both were purchased for me from the start too. Is it a glitch for those who preordered or something? Anyone else here have to spend $30k to get the garages?

Yeah, I had the Grove Street Garage from the beginning as well. I just started playing the game last night, hardly did anything in it, just the first mission at the car dealership with Franklin. I was screwing around out in the country when I found a sweet raised 4x4 truck I wanted to keep, so I was driving it back to what I thought was Franklin's house. Turns out it was the Grove Street Garage, and I had access to it. Honestly didn't know I shouldn't have had access to it until people were talking about it in this thread.
looks like i wasn't the only one, i just logged in to my brother's PS3 and yes you have to pay 30k for each to get access!
Surely he isn't the only one going to buy those am still holding for more comments to figure this out.

seen a bunch of those around lower santos, they have the same design as IV, with the font along the skirt on the side

Cool, will look. I found my other favorite Japanese GTA knock off...the Karin Futo (AE86), but haven't seen (or noticed) any Blistas.

DominoKid

Wait, you have to pay for those? They were free for me, too. Could it be a thing where R* gave them away to people playing within a certain amount of time after 12:00am on launch day?

looks like i wasn't the only one, i just logged in to my brother's PS3 and yes you have to pay 30k for each to get access!
Surely he isn't the only one going to buy those am still holding for more comments to figure this out.

i had to buy them too.

eival

Cool, will look. I found my other favorite Japanese GTA knock off...the Karin Futo (AE86), but haven't seen (or noticed) any Blistas.

oh, i looked at pics of the Futo, thats the one ive seen.

been more on the look out for all the sports cars.

finally found some infernus' also a car that looks similar to the mercades amg's around Michael's area

now i just need some friggen money to upgrade them up, still stuck around 10k for franklin and mike

Dammit. The BAWSAQ is down, and there's a mission where I can profit on stocks that are being sold on it. :(

Guess it's a good time to take a break.

Dug

Banned
Pretty sure it's in the collector's edition. Rockstar's official picture for it says you get one.

actual_1369261754.jpg
Yeah, think its a collectors edition thing. I redeemed the Collectors code and had garages for all three characters for free (which had 3 vehicles: Bike, Hotrod, and another car).

I'm loving the arcadey feeling of GTA Vs driving. It just feels right for me, reminds me a lot of Driver in a way. I spend most of my time driving from hood cam and it's great. A lot of cars do feel different from each other as well - some stick to the road, some spin quite easily etc. I can certainly understand fans of IVs driving handling being disappointed but from a selfish point of view I'm glad they're changed. I just didn't find IVs cars fun at all. Even with that you can lock your tyres, fuck your engine, suspension etc. I find the mix just right.

i like the idea of hood cam but it's so shakey it gives me a headache. i really wish you could turn off the jerkyness of that view as well as the camera bob when you run; it's so unnecessary and obnoxious

As much as I loved the Last of Us, I would be perfectly fine with GTA5 winning GOTY. It is just that good. Maybe the most ambitious game ever executed at the highest level.

But I'm sure I did it by mistake earlier. I could still hear the radio? Weird.

Maybe they changed how it's done, kinda like how they switched around getting into cabs? Maybe holding the exit button leaves it on now? Only thing I can think of, otherwise I'd say they took it out. :/

eival

How real is the gangsta talk between Franklin, Lamar and the other dudes?

its alot better than san andreas

have yet to hear a bad VA so far

if they have awards for VO, the guy who did Michael would get my vote, he really comes close to Ray Liotta's yelling voice, in some of the scenes.

also theres a blue Hawaiian shirt similar to Tommy Vercetti's along with white shoes and light blue jeans in one of the first stores you unlock.

i had to buy them too.

Pretty sure it's in the collector's edition. Rockstar's official picture for it says you get one.

That's weird, I bought the special edition, not collector.

Yeah, think its a collectors edition thing. I redeemed the Collectors code and had garages for all three characters for free (which had 3 vehicles: Bike, Hotrod, and another car).

I don't have the collector's edition or the special edition, and all three of my characters have had a garage unlocked from the get go. I have only used Franklin's at Grove Street so far and it already had a car in it, the Elegy RH8 (Nissan GTR clone). I better check the other two to see if I've got that hot rod! I might also check the Ammunations to see if I have any of the weapons.

edit: I just looked up the Elegy RH8 on the wiki and it says it's a Rockstar Social Club thing.

Fjordson

How real is the gangsta talk between Franklin, Lamar and the other dudes?
It's great. Franklin and Lamar is one of my favourite duos in the series. They rival Vercetti and Rosenberg, Luis and Tony, etc.

Not really a real answer, but seeing as it was written by a bunch of dudes from Edinburgh I'm not exactly holding much hope for authenticity there.
Not quite. Like they did for San Andreas, R* worked with DJ Pooh on the dialogue.

Double D

Question about Trevor's first mission. Did anyone
successfully hit that stunt jump when you're chasing the van? I tried like 4 times and never made it across. Had pretty good speed, too. Ended up just going the other path to complete the mission.

Couple questions:

Where is the Collector's Edition garage? I know that each character has a garage each in LS, but I had that before I redeemed the CE code. So where is the one that came with the CE?

Also,
Where can I find a 9F (Audi R8)? I've looked absolutely everywhere! I don't want to buy one because last time I did that, I bought a Vacca (Modern Lambo) for like $220K and lost it and it didn't get impounded! I've only seen like one beyond the first mission, and it was in a strangers and freaks mission driving on the road and I didn't want to fail the mission by jacking it. It seems like certain cars are only available after a certain point in the story, because there's some cars I've never seen before cropping up after missions. Is this the case with the 9F? Anyone have one?

lil smoke

Banned
Dammit. The BAWSAQ is down, and there's a mission where I can profit on stocks that are being sold on it. :(

Guess it's a good time to take a break.
hah, so its still down?

I'm early in, only have 8 currency so I spent 4.

The stock was down like 700%. Maybe I can get rich.

Can anybody tell me how I "complete" activities toward 100%? Do I have to play a certain amount of games of tennis? Or once on each court? How does this work?

Also, how do I unlock competitors for golf? The notification says that I unlock them by completing games of golf but I've played two rounds and have seen no indication that I'm on the right track. I suppose I probably just haven't played well enough.

BigDug13

I'm honestly really impressed graphically with this game. On the ancient hardware that it's on, the open world nature, the pure scope in size and content. It's really impressive what they've done. Lights off in the distance having that sort of out-of-focus quality lends itself to a nightline that looks incredible from a distance and car approaches that feel real. The
autopsy table view of the 2 doctors looked really good as well, same with the alien trip dream, really impressive models on those sequences.

I know the PC version is going to blow this away as it should, but for PS360 and the size of the game, they've done a really good job.

And the sound immersion is awesome as well. The distance vehicle sounds, the rain tapping sounds on Trevor's trailer.

I'll happily double dip on PC...maybe even triple dip on PS4 so I can do Vita remote play. Game of the year for me for sure.

I hope they don't follow through with their original info when said they would NOT do any more single player campaign DLC content, because I know I'm going to want more on that front. Can't wait till the multiplayer gets released as well.

Can anybody tell me how I "complete" activities toward 100%? Do I have to play a certain amount of games of tennis? Or once on each court? How does this work?

Also, how do I unlock competitors for golf? The notification says that I unlock them by completing games of golf but I've played two rounds and have seen no indication that I'm on the right track. I suppose I probably just haven't played well enough.

I know you can call Franklin and play gold w/ him

Karak

successfully hit that stunt jump when you're chasing the van? I tried like 4 times and never made it across. Had pretty good speed, too. Ended up just going the other path to complete the mission.

Yes

I cleared it, only just though. It was pretty much a perfect landing. It allowed me to take out one of the bikers as soon as I landed.

Top Bottom