• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Can anybody tell me how I "complete" activities toward 100%? Do I have to play a certain amount of games of tennis? Or once on each court? How does this work?

Also, how do I unlock competitors for golf? The notification says that I unlock them by completing games of golf but I've played two rounds and have seen no indication that I'm on the right track. I suppose I probably just haven't played well enough.

I met one dude on a random event that I will be able to play golf with.

Alfredo

I wish there was a way to stop characters from changing clothes on their own. I want to make everyone as ridiculous looking as possible. At least my crew can keep all their beards, lol.

RS4-

Regarding that whole Trevor Enterprises thing and 500k, I don't think I can do it yet. Apparently I'm supposed to do a story mission first or something. Then again, following the UV lit map, I don't know where it is. I don't see anything that stands out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The most I've ever seen stocks raise is like... 10 %. I keep holding out. All I really do is randomly check them every so often.

What's the difference between BAWSAQ and the first set of stocks you get?

Lucid07

Would be awesome if the stock market was run off the servers and stocks were being bought and sold with others online.

Bawsaq is, kind of, thats the online stock market so when the game first came out Ammu-nation was a low price and now everyone is buying ammo in game etc the cost of the stock has raised.

eival

wait a second...why is there no "shoes" option for Michael when you're at his house

there locked to specific pants/shorts combos, which was the same when i purchased them at the scripted first store you go too.

apon googling it, it appears Trevor also doesnt have this option.

is this a bug?

jrcbandit

I saw a few people asking about losing their custom rides. Here's my post last night from the other thread discussing my experience: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=82437685

That worked for me for awhile - the custom car would consistently spawn at Michael's house, show up randomly in a mission, or be in the impound lot. Then my custom car eventually disappeared after a later mission and I never saw it again - I tried the impound lot multiple times :(. So the game doesn't keep track of custom cars very well, the only reliable cars to customize are the character-specific/default ones.

Nexas

This is really fucking stupid. The game is requiring me to take a picture to complete a sidequest, but I can't take pictures because the Rockstar social network is down. Did no one at Rockstar realize how fucking moronic it was to tie picture taking to their shitty online system?

This is really fucking stupid. The game is requiring me to take a picture to complete a sidequest, but I can't take pictures because the Rockstar social network is down. Did no one at Rockstar realize how fucking moronic it was to tie picture taking to their shitty online system?

The fact that there's no local saves at ALL for pictures is absolutely mind-boggling.

Madness

Apparently it's a glitch because of the Rockstar Social Club. Anyone who signed up, got the Elegy vehicle for free. But the only way to make it available, is to make the garage free for everyone as well.

So, to those who had to pay, were you signed up for the social club and do you have access to the Elegy special vehicle?

It's this second screen, third party shit I hate. Pictures can't be saved locally, only cloud accessed through social club, the dog can't be trained without the app, etc.

iiicon

Well, in about 10 hours of playing time yesterday, I was only able to connect to the Social Club long enough to save a photo once, but I think it was worth it.

0_0.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
It's funny, because that only happens with that mission I think. Normally the server check fails, and you can still take pictures. If you mean the Princess mission.

Turn off your HUB or pull out the cable, you can't disconnect from PSN in-game.

Still really early in the game, but that Franklin + Michael mission where
you rescue Jimmy and try to get the boat back
- I'm surprised at how much of that wasn't a cutscene. I was so sure from the way it looked in the trailer that the whole part on the highway would be out of the player's control. Hopefully that trend continues.

Only just getting into Michael's missions ~12 hours into the game. So much time spent traveling for no reason and staring at the landscape :X

And Golf + Tennis are huge time wasters.

Yawnier

Banned
Well, I just came back from playing from this for the past 3 hours. Man, did time fly by because that did not feel like a 3 hour long playing session. Los Santos is one nice looking city though, that's for sure.

iiicon

Which mission? I've had to take a couple photos with Trevor, but each time it was a requirement, I was given the option to send the photos to a specific person rather than uploading it to the Social Club.

For what reason is the picture-taking feature tied to online play? Obviously you can upload them online, but there are clearly games out there which allow you to take pictures without being logged onto any online service (ie; Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, I'm assuming Pikmin 3, etc).

GQman2121

Banned
It's funny, because that only happens with that mission I think. Normally the server check fails, and you can still take pictures. If you mean the Princess mission.

Turn off your HUB or pull out the cable, you can't disconnect from PSN in-game.

So you have to disconnect from the network to save photos right now? Is that how people are posting their images? I'm having no luck on the PS3 with the social club.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In most GTA games, I'll stop and look around at unique looking buildings.

but in this game ,there's like interesting buildings every five inches! I did do the Vinewood Tours though. Still haven't touched golf or tennis.

Also surprised that I'm still kinda struggling for money this far in a GTA game. I did get that first big payday but used ot to buy some businesses.

On mine the GTA profile seems to completely disable bassimpact. Is it that way for you? Because I thought bassimpact was the only thing that the profiles actually affected. Been just using the game profile since the GTA one didn't seem to do anything for me.

Damn I was hoping Chop could swim. Wanted to try playing fetch in the water at the beach

same issue here with my pulse

Lucid07

So it's just a special dock/safehouse? Was there anything else there? Why would they write to bring $500k though?

Yeah, once you have bought it though you can salvage nuclear waste for 23,000 a pop underwater which turned out to be collectables, there's 30 of them.

TheContact

Wow I returned a stolen bike to a guy and
a little while later I got an email saying he's super rich and gave me 100k of stock in his Animal Ark business

StuBurns

Banned
So you have to disconnect from the network to save photos right now? Is that how people are posting their images? I'm having no luck on the PS3 with the social club.
No, it's just those missions so your cell phone doesn't attempt to ping Rockstar, that way it goes directly to the camera mode and you can text them.

Ok, so I've just spent an hour trying to win a single race. I'm clearly driving something that looks like a 1980 Camaro. I've owned a 1980 Camaro - they don't drive like frozen fish on grease - so I'm prepared to take issue with anyone who claims the driving in this is realistic :p

GQman2121

Banned
That worked for me for awhile - the custom car would consistently spawn at Michael's house, show up randomly in a mission, or be in the impound lot. Then my custom car eventually disappeared after a later mission and I never saw it again - I tried the impound lot multiple times :(. So the game doesn't keep track of custom cars very well, the only reliable cars to customize are the character-specific/default ones.

I have one in Michael's garage. Where is the impound lot? It's not on Dorset Dr. where the police station is.

InertiaXr

Dammit. The BAWSAQ is down, and there's a mission where I can profit on stocks that are being sold on it. :(

Guess it's a good time to take a break.

I don't know what the deal with that is, the first two
Lester missions that you do with Franklin
you could profit from, but BAWSAQ has been down BOTH times. The second mission I did around noon on a Tuesday so it wouldn't be a time thing, so I don't know if I was just extremely unlucky for it to be 'down' for some reason during BOTH missions where it would be useful or if its like that on purpose, which would make even less sense...

I can't believe anyone would complain about the early Franklin + Lamar dialogue. It's hilarious. Felt like a playable version of Friday.

Still really early in the game, but that Franklin + Michael mission where
you rescue Jimmy and try to get the boat back
- I'm surprised at how much of that wasn't a cutscene. I was so sure from the way it looked in the trailer that the whole part on the highway would be out of the player's control. Hopefully that trend continues.

Only just getting into Michael's missions ~12 hours into the game. So much time spent traveling for no reason and staring at the landscape :X

And Golf + Tennis are huge time wasters.
+1

I was hoping so much that it wouldn't be a cutscene. I was expecting it would be, so I was surprised that it wasn't. Hopefully more missions are like that

I don't know what the deal with that is, the first two
Lester missions that you do with Franklin
you could profit from, but BAWSAQ has been down BOTH times. The second mission I did around noon on a Tuesday so it wouldn't be a time thing, so I don't know if I was just extremely unlucky for it to be 'down' for some reason during BOTH missions where it would be useful or if its like that on purpose, which would make even less sense...
Bawsaq is powered by Social Club (at least, that's what it says on the webpage), and since they've been having massive Social Club issues, it seems they took it down for maintenance. It's supposed to be up for all of those missions - I was able to profit big time on the two missions you mentioned.

BigDug13

I have one in Michael's garage. Where is the impound lot? It's not on Dorset Dr. where the police station is.

I don't think the impound lot shows on your map unless it has a car you can claim.

Driving to its location when it's not an icon on your map will probably be a waste of time.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It is almost a crime that this game isn't on PS4/X1, if only so we can record all the crazy things that keep happening and popping up while just walking down the street, taking screenshots would also save the trouble of having to go through Social Club to get them.

Anyway, there's something really cool about 3 characters you play whose clothes you choose all meeting up. nothing spoilery in the picture.

Top Bottom