• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There's no way that's it, there isn't even a weapons pack

Thank christ. Still more interesting cheats in that incomplete list than the entire of GTA IV. Drunk mode, explosive melee, slow motion all sound super fun to play around with. Plus you can even turn on GTA IV driving mode!(slidey cars).

Ploid 3.0

Sooooooooo apparently if the blimp touches ANYTHING, it explodes. Good to know!

Good thing the character has to be in it for that to happen. I landed my helicopter on it Just Cause 2 style. It later slid off and I was stranded. I was in the middle of a mission when I decided to mess with that blimp too.

FCv.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Somehow, I've managed to blow up my car every single time Robyn's "Every Heartbeat" comes on the radio.

It's clearly cursed.
I've not had a single car even smoke on me yet. I love how resilient they are this time around. Ones you shoot blow up quicker than last time too. Awesome changes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is literally the only game I've ever played where I have the music volume higher than the sound effects volume.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Does using any cheats negate being able to get achievements? I'd love to be able to lower my wanted level when I accidentally hit a pedestrian or something during a mission.

Probably. I'll just save on a separate file for using cheats just in case. I'm only gonna want to use cheats when I feel like messing around.

By the way does the classic method for inputting cheats mean you can't quickly access them with the phone anymore?

You can control the cinematic camera??! Awesome!!

All you have to do is hit any direction on the right stick to change the camera. I just use up to keep the camera at wheel level. Hitting up multiple times will change to the left and right wheels. Awesome

I've not had a single car even smoke on me yet. I love how resilient they are this time around. Ones you shoot blow up quicker than last time too. Awesome changes.

Well, I'm a horrendous driver, but the first time I was kinda just going nuts seeing how far into the wild I could drive before wrecking. What I didn't expect to find was wild animals (!), so I ran into a deer, freaked out, hit a small incline and catapulted through the air, landing the car on its roof. It exploded immediately.

The second time was I accidentally crushed a bike between my car and another.

RS4-

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx

Once again, can someone with $500k cash try and do this secret message from the blueprint maps?

I'll try that now and post how it goes. I've got enough money on all three

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You can control the cinematic camera??! Awesome!!

All you have to do is hit any direction on the right stick to change the camera. I just use up to keep the camera at wheel level. Hitting up multiple times will change to the left and right wheels. Awesome

Wasn't it like that in IV as well?

Fjordson

Anyone know where I can buy bling? Saw someone earlier mention diamond earrings.

Maybe I have to progress further in the story? Now that I think about it I don't see any clothing stores on my map.

StuBurns

Banned
Well, I'm a horrendous driver, but the first time I was kinda just going nuts seeing how far into the wild I could drive before wrecking. What I didn't expect to find was wild animals (!), so I ran into a deer, freaked out, hit a small incline and catapulted through the air, landing the car on its roof. It exploded immediately.

I was just driving straight up a mountain (the other end of the cable car) and a wild dog thing came and killed me before I had to time take a gun out.

Fucking vicious. I went back up to try and find him again, but to no avail.

Anyone know where I can buy bling? Saw someone earlier mention diamond earrings.

Maybe I have to progress further in the story? Now that I think about it I don't see any clothing stores on my map.

Franklin can buy earrings in Ponsonbys

Not sure whether to suit and boot Trevor. I like my characters suave, but its not in his nature

Vehicle damage seems less gradual depending on the accident. During a 5-star chase, every car I got into quickly was rendered un-drivable by the cop. smaller stuff seems to have less affect than in IV

Franklin can buy earrings in Ponsonbys

Not sure whether to suit and boot Trevor. I like my characters suave, but its not in his nature

Just make him dress tacky. Plaid, pinstripes, bright blue spats, Etc.

StuBurns

Banned
Is the driving better compared to the travesty that was GTAIV?

San Andreas esque?
I think the driving in 4 was amazing, weighty, nuanced, demanding and rewarding.

However, it's much easier here, if that's what you mean. Especially because you can select a higher viewing angle when driving.

Lucid07

No clue. That's just what the message says on the map. I'm pretty sure Franklin and Michael can do it and if you have the $500k cash. Could be anything really. It was hidden really well on the blueprint map and most would never see it without the special light.

Found the place, just a boar there and a property to buy for $250000.

Stole a sail boat and beached it on shore and hit 2 people lounging on the beach. The cops show up, I take them out and now I have a helicopter after me. I jump into the cop car and dip down the beach until I find a jet ski. Jump on the jet ski and change the camera to cinematic view and ride the shoreline until I find a road. Ditch the jetski and hop into the car and hide in the beach walk area until they quit looking.

It was my first chase sequence in gta 5 and it surpassed anything I've done in previous gta games. Can't wait to play more tonight!

Anyone else think the driving is a bit TOO easy? GTA IV wasn't perfect in its driving but I liked the weight each car had, it just needed to be toned down slightly. But in GTA V the cars are too light. They brake really quickly no matter how hard you're going and it seems like they don't deform or get dented as easily anymore.

I drove my Comet down Mt.Chiliad and it was fine at the bottom. Slightly dented and scratches everywhere but it drove off like nothing happened

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Helicopter Speedrun was bullshit but I gold starred it eventually!

- green and purple gang colours
- setting is Los Santos, a city in San Andreas
- Franklin is CJ's dad
-
Franklin is CJ's dad
-
Nah

I was pissed there for a second ...Lol

Made my first succesful investment in the stock market. Can't wait to score bigger and bigger !

I think the driving in 4 was amazing, weighty, nuanced, demanding and rewarding.

However, it's much easier here, if that's what you mean. Especially because you can select a higher viewing angle when driving.
Sounds good then. The reason I hated GTAIV driving was because it was weighty and demanding

StuBurns

Banned
Anyone else think the driving is a bit TOO easy? GTA IV wasn't perfect in its driving but I liked the weight each car had, it just needed to be toned down slightly. But in GTA V the cars are too light. They brake really quickly no matter how hard you're going and it seems like they don't deform or get dented as easily anymore.
You're pretty much a driving God in that mini cooper, it's like it reads your mind. I miss the challenge of driving.

SpaceHorror

I'm sort of glad they don't dent as easily anymore, even though it is a tad unrealistic. I've always hated getting a nice new car and after a few moments having it look like shit because I'm not driving too well or the ai just up and hits me. May not be an issue for most, but for me this is better.

But I like the destruction. Got into a 4 star chase with cops and by the end my vehicle was nearly destroyed.

eival

so if you put 100% armor on a car does that make it indistructable? or just 100% (2x) longer to blow up or whatever

Kikarian

I really enjoyed the realism feel GTA IV brought to the driving. Don't get me wrong, I like the driving in V, but I just felt that the driving in IV was something different and more immersive in someways. There was a need to brake and take the corner slow in order not to flip the car. Whereas with V, it's just turn at 100mph and not crash.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the arcadey feeling of GTA Vs driving. It just feels right for me, reminds me a lot of Driver in a way. I spend most of my time driving from hood cam and it's great. A lot of cars do feel different from each other as well - some stick to the road, some spin quite easily etc. I can certainly understand fans of IVs driving handling being disappointed but from a selfish point of view I'm glad they're changed. I just didn't find IVs cars fun at all. Even with that you can lock your tyres, fuck your engine, suspension etc. I find the mix just right.

I had a random event where some woman lured me into an ambush

now all I need is some giant robot assholes, and a girl asking me to fetch her balloon, and that Spider-Man 2 feeling will be complete

Top Bottom