• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Linius

Is there a specific location I should be looking for them. I've seen one or two randomly off the freeway by Franklin's house, but I'd like to formulate an attack plan ahead of time if I can.

I think it's completely random. I've only spotted one so far.

Draconian

Racing is awful. Why can't I abort after I wreck? Why do I have to wait for Rockstar to determine I'm either dead or my vehicle is crashed? smh

Rizsparky

Where do I listen for tips? Random radio stuff like hearing the news reporting your crimes?

Also, outside moneytrucks and heist missions, what else can I rob for money?

Radio tips, in game character tips
Lester has a few

And robbing gas stations works well..

eival

sure would be nice to not have to own an Apple product that costs multiple hundreds of dollars just to level up the dog....

DominoKid

help me out w/ something about the cars.

i just got the email w/ the luxury million dollar cars you can buy from LegendaryMotorsport.net

now are all of those cars that you can also carjack off the street or are they only available for purchase? i've seen the Adder (Bugatti Veyron) in the wild but that's the only one.

i spent a good 90 mins acquiring a fleet of supercars for Franklin. i got the Infernus and i want the Monroe for him too.

I like Franklin. I thought his trailer was under whelming, bu, he and Mike turn out to be the best. Trevor is ehhh, he's too crazy.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yeah I made this mistake last night, I had one of the cars Franklin and Lamar use for one of their missions pimped out and thought that it would automatically save. Apparently you have to use the garage :/ I wish I could remember which exact car it was and look for someone to jack.

I saved it in the garage and lost mine.

This blows hard, what's the point of hunting a car you like and modding it if it's gonna vanish.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love that in the 3 or so hours I've played, I've been doing different things the entire time. Great mission variety.

Really enjoying it so far.

Madness

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx

Once again, can someone with $500k cash try and do this secret message from the blueprint maps?

I saved it in the garage and lost mine.

This blows hard, what's the point of hunting a car you like and modding it if it's gonna vanish.

If you save it in the larger garage, it stays there until you take it out again. The Vinewood, Grove Street garages.

Lucid07

T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx

Once again, can someone with $500k cash try and do this secret message from the blueprint maps?

Is this any character?

Ploid 3.0

I couldn't stop smiling during Praise The Sun. Reminded me so much of that other game. I now want that feature in GTAV. :( Better be a code.

Madness

Is this any character?

No clue. That's just what the message says on the map. I'm pretty sure Franklin and Michael can do it and if you have the $500k cash. Could be anything really. It was hidden really well on the blueprint map and most would never see it without the special light.

Madness

Also, did anyone not have the 'garages' purchased for them from the start? The Grove Street and Vinewood Garages to store cars. They were available for me for free at launch. But some have said they have to spend $30k to buy the Grove Street one.

Bullshit #1: Losing cars. I really thought they would have addressed this.

Bullshit #2: Thanks for all the clothing options. Too bad they just wear whatever they want anyway.

Would kill for an independent dialog volume slider.

I think it's completely random. I've only spotted one so far.

Is there a specific location I should be looking for them. I've seen one or two randomly off the freeway by Franklin's house, but I'd like to formulate an attack plan ahead of time if I can.

They spawn in about 7 or 8 specific locations on the map. The Brady guide shows you where they spawn. When they spawn is the real question! I drove around the spawn points last night and only came across them twice.

Also, did anyone not have the 'garages' purchased for them from the start? The Grove Street and Vinewood Garages to store cars. They were available for me for free at launch. But some have said they have to spend $30k to buy the Grove Street one.

I had them from the beginning. The Grove St one also had a car in it already. The Elegy RH8 or something. The front end looks like a Nissan GTR, it's pretty quick.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would portray Michael's family life in a more nuanced way. He's a total piece of shit to them and the game just makes it a joke. I hope it gets better. I'm at the part where Trevor and Michael are reunited.

Sooooooooo apparently if the blimp touches ANYTHING, it explodes. Good to know!

I really wanted to get to the top of Mount Chiliad so I flew it up there. I didn't know how weak it was so I tried to land it and my surround sound was loud and the explosion out of no where scared the fuck out of me.

Megasoum

Banned
That first load after booting the game takes fooreeeveerrrr on my phat PS3... Dunno if it's normal. Everything is fine after that in game but it takes almost 2 minutes of loading.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Bullshit #2: Thanks for all the clothing options. Too bad they just wear whatever they want anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, you can upgrade the character's 'default' cars and they'll keep the upgrades when they respawn.

But yeah, I assume they're doing it for 'immersion', but it does seem a little silly especially when there's not that many garages around. If they really needed to 'immerse' it, just do like Sleeping Dogs and have a guy you can call to come get it and bring it to you, the cars I mean.

Ploid 3.0

Yes man, I stinking hate this. I'm half surprised my weapons keep their upgrades. Split by three characters but at least they don't go anywhere.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Does using any cheats negate being able to get achievements? I'd love to be able to lower my wanted level when I accidentally hit a pedestrian or something during a mission.

Jon93

Neo Member
Those of you on PS3 and playing the disc version of the game getting low FPS and some weird pop-in issues should know that it's a problem with your disk drive, not your HDD.

Madness

If it makes you feel any better, you can upgrade the character's 'default' cars and they'll keep the upgrades when they respawn.

But yeah, I assume they're doing it for 'immersion', but it does seem a little silly especially when there's not that many garages around. If they really needed to 'immerse' it, just do like Sleeping Dogs and have a guy you can call to come get it and bring it to you, the cars I mean.

So if I upgrade Franklins white car, he'll have the upgrades forever? That's great to hear. I didn't like tuning random cars because of the one and done problem.

Top Bottom