• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dresden

Just finished a looooong racing mission by the sea. The sun was setting as I wove through traffic. Fucking beautiful, that draw distance, that lighting, that goddamn music.

Dug

Banned
Bumped into a train and this happened...

0_0.jpg

Ouch.

Derrick01

Banned
Ditto. Like, over a grands worth. See how it goes.

Was it hawk and little? I heard the market was connected to everyone but I don't know how true that was. That was the only $1 one for me. Seems to be a firearms manufacturer so...I guess to help raise it we have to buy their stuff?

Honestly I didn't really do any research I just bought it because it was cheap. I only had $1300 on Franklin when I was looking.

kick51

Banned
I found a deck with some telescopes on it with a clear view of the sky in the outskirts...marked it for later!

Holy shit I love messing around in the outskirts...not even playing missions yet

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So the final marathon... I was pressing X for like 20 minutes... Then pressed right on the d-pad to turn on the bycicle-light... Turns out, pressing right ends the race.

20 minutes of mashing a fucking button.

RAGE QUIT. That's right, RAGE FUCKING QUIT. (It's 3:20am anyway and I'm a moron for staying awake for so long when I've got work in a couple of hours... Tried this shit yesterday and it didn't work out well at all ._.)

JMizzlin

Is Bawsaq and Snapmatic not working for anyone else?
I had to disconnect from Xbox live to complete a mission that required Snapmatic because I couldn't even take photos. Kinda bs.

Dash_

The
torture scene felt really exploitative. I had to turn it off half way through.
It's put me off playing the game because it felt cheap, nasty and pointlessly added in.

painey

anyone else playing with the character default appearances? I find if I change them it just doesn't fit the character..

Gurrry

Can someone tell me wtf smart clothes are? This is starting to piss me off.

Just let me wear what ever the hell I want to wear..

antitrop

anyone else playing with the character default appearances? I find if I change them it just doesn't fit the character..

I'm not going to wildly change the character's appearances until I finish the story. I put a pair of aviators on Michael, that's about it.

Derrick01

Banned
I found a deck with some telescopes on it with a clear view of the sky in the outskirts...marked it for later!

Holy shit I love messing around in the outskirts...not even playing missions yet

Oh that reminds me when I was on a pier there were binocular thingys you could look into for a few bucks and the one I tried I zoomed in on a boat and it was 2 girls making out like crazy :lol

I tried getting haircuts for michael and franklin but I just didn't like the hair options for either of them. I did give mike a full goatee and franklin some weird cuts into the sides of his head just to say I did it.

Ahasverus

Do more meaningful side missions open up later on? I've only done around 7 story missions, but so far the side quests/strangers and freaks feel fairly ....short and one time deals.

Apparently the Epsilon Program missions are a long subplot. Fill the form in their website as Michael.
ending question (not really a spoiler, but just in case)

Are multiple ending confirmed yet?

Yep. Three, apparently.

GQman2121

Banned
Was it hawk and little? I heard the market was connected to everyone but I don't know how true that was. That was the only $1 one for me. Seems to be a firearms manufacturer so...I guess to help raise it we have to buy their stuff?

Honestly I didn't really do any research I just bought it because it was cheap. I only had $1300 on Franklin when I was looking.

Yep, that's the one. Bought it with Michael. Hasn't moved at all in days.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not really much of a story spoiler, but the mission in the parking complex where you
assassinate the medical guy for Lester as Franklin is so good. The music, the waiting for him to come out, the security saying 'cross is down', getting in your car and blitzing off, but mainly, the music.
So good.

Game is really impressing me. Never been a big GTA fan, haven't gotten more than a fourth of the way through any of the games, but this is just insane. I really like the character interactions, story, gameplay, but just the level of detail is absolutely mindblowing. Despite the size of the game and everything going on, the amount of detail is commendable.

One of the coolest things, and it's not really a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway, was
during a mission at night with Trevor, I'm watching someone pull up in a van through a sniper scope, and when he opened the door, the interior lights of the van lit up, revealing the driver and the back of the seats
. It may seem minor, nor am I claiming that it's never been done before (I have no idea, I've not played every game ever made), but it still made me take a double-take.

UrbanRats

Played for several hours,
still no Trevor and never went outside Los Santos
, is this normal?
Anyway, it's already closing in as my GOTY,
fucking amazing intro, dat Tangerine Dream music
.. And the art direction is some of the best i've ever seen in a game.
I also loved the characters and story so far, Michael especially is far more crazy and maniac than i thought (which is good).

Things i didn't love, so far:

- Chop is under used.
- Driving feels somewhat weird, a bit too arcadey (especially the bikes)
- Goddamn this game needs a PC/Next Gen release, pop-in, framerate and Aliasing are brutal.

Still, it manages to create breathtaking moments.
Also damn you die fucking fast, feels like i'm playing Ghost Recon, sometimes.

Also, i guess it's a bug, but i can't connect my copy to the internet (although the 360 is connected) so no snapshots and no Social Club rewards. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In bed... But can't stop thinking about mountain hiking, driving fast cars and shootouts with my buddies.

The fuck is wrong with me!

GO TO SLEEP YOSHI. CLOSE YOUR EYES...

I think my save might be bugged :/ Had problems with being able to complete the construction assassination mission so I skipped it and now phone calls have no voice, never complete, and so on. I reloaded the save and the issue remains :/

PSN version, about 20-25 hours of gameplay, 50% completion. Anyone ran into a similar solution and found a fix? Really frustrating.

Game is really impressing me. Never been a big GTA fan, haven't gotten more than a fourth of the way through any of the games, but this is just insane. I really like the character interactions, story, gameplay, but just the level of detail is absolutely mindblowing. Despite the size of the game and everything going on, the amount of detail is commendable.

This is pretty much how I feel about this game. GTA 4 was one of the last console games I bought somewhat near release. I ended up only playing for a couple hours, letting it collect dust, and selling it for $20 or something. There is just something so different about this game, it really is mindblowing. The cutscene graphics are a bit shotty (might be my TV?) but the in-game graphics are really something else.

Less than 11% through and I haven't had this much fun with a video game in ages. Can't wait for online

Con_Smith

Banned
I've gotten pretty far in the game and so far I feel happily overwhelmed. The mission don't completely feel the same and the characters and dialog has been pretty good so far.

GTA V shows how so many other open world games miss the mark in their games. Instead of being the biggest world ever with minor difference in location or just relying on being over the top it gives you a world of absurdly realistic characters and a world that is just as alive.

Even the glitches left me in awe as I realized playing with Micheal early on and breaking the games logic I drove home and entered the house through the garage and saw my wife and daughter staring lifelessly not moving. So of course I decide to take selfies and wait for the perfect crazy face before snapping a pic (also minutes of waiting for my shit to register with the social club.

Or as Franklin I freak hearing sirens after I jack a car only to see a car barrel down the street in a high speed chase. I hear the car crash and head to it only to watch a shoot out between npcs. I find out through dialog the guys had just robbed a store and after one of the robbers die his friend shouts and curses at the cops before becoming swiss cheese

This game is the thing to make me really loose some love for gta 4 though. This world just feels more alive and thought out. As someone whose argued with haters of the previous games before over loving the atmosphere 4 presented, this one out classes and out shines. Maybe it's just me still living in the hype or whatever but even my negetives about V seem to become minor the more I play and experience what V has to offer.

Lima

Oh man lol.

I was walking down the street with Trevor when this guy on the bench was like "man you are that guy from Fucking Midgets 22". Sure enough I took out my hammer and beat the shit out of him until he was dead. You don't fuck with Trevor.

Derrick01

Banned
I just stopped a random bike-jacking by accidentally slamming into the thief as he took off. I didn't even know what was happening, as soon as the blip came up on the radar he was flying over my car then got up and said "fuck it this aint worth it". I was kinda speeding through the neighborhood though :p

SparkTR

Can you miss missions by doing them in The wrong order?

No, you have something like 69 main missions (according to the game stats page) and you're going to play all of them. The only things you miss are the variations on the heist missions (e.i, choose to go in quietly or guns blazing).

Pop

Wow this game...

It's incredible. The mood, music and atmosphere just sets everything up so nicely. Spending hours just roaming around feels like the best experience I've had in years. Now the missions only raise the bar further. I gotta say this looking so damn good kinda surprised me for an open world game with lots going on.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
T.P.E - Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.Lago Zancudo. Great ocean, highway north, through north chumash, 0.5 miles past Raton Canyon. <- when guard rail ends, follow the dirt road down the docks. Bring $500,000 cash. xxxxx

Once again, can someone with $500k cash try and do this secret message from the blueprint maps?

If you save it in the larger garage, it stays there until you take it out again. The Vinewood, Grove Street garages.

But the point is, once you take it out and enter a mission, you're likely to lose it.

I just boosted that electric sports car and man that's a beast, I wanna keep it!

edit: trevor event went and said "this is a fine automobile!"

This is pretty much how I feel about this game. GTA 4 was one of the last console games I bought somewhat near release. I ended up only playing for a couple hours, letting it collect dust, and selling it for $20 or something. There is just something so different about this game, it really is mindblowing. The cutscene graphics are a bit shotty (might be my TV?) but the in-game graphics are really something else.

Less than 11% through and I haven't had this much fun with a video game in ages. Can't wait for online

At first I was a little put off by the visuals-- during the daytime there are definitely some not so pretty things going on-- but man, I've always been more of an overall picture kind of person, especially with videogames, and when you consider the size and level of detail, it's difficult for me at least to be too down on some of the graphical shortcomings. Also, it's been said but at night, this game looks amazing, especially with water.

I got talking to a bikini girl at the beach with Michael and her boyfriend came over furious telling me to "back the fuck off" so I knocked him out. A witness close by started walking away quickly and I followed him, he kept looking over his shoulder, I began to run and he was freaked out and ran whilst trying to make a phone call. These little touches to the AI are superb.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh man lol.

I was walking down the street with Trevor when this guy on the bench was like "man you are that guy from Fucking Midgets 22". Sure enough I took out my hammer and beat the shit out of him until he was dead. You don't fuck with Trevor.

Haha, yeah, I'm playing him like a guy who doesn't have a problem with killing someone over the few bucks in their wallet (or just shooting people for fun). With Michael I wouldn't do that, he's not that kind of guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the things I appreciate about the cutscenes, if you have your custom car parked in the parking lot you're talking in front of. It's still there in the cutscene.

and when you come back from a long mission, your car is still parked at the mission start when you come back.

Megasoum

Banned
So it's pretty much a running gag the name of Trevor's company right? I've heard Enterprise, Company and Industry so far lol.

Top Bottom