• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

vilmer_

iscw2Rex2hYLh.jpg

WTF? Some of these snapmatic photos...

Gadirok

Anyone else having trouble with the ifruit app?

I think I lost progress on chop since it launched and my coupons from lifeinvader that I stalked never came up in game.

Surprisingly though, today my Los Santos Customs order came in. Though I reordered a few times, not sure which one came through, but the license plate and everything went through fine.

Chop on the other hand and his collar and tricks never went through. Same with the coupons.

Snapmatic photos on GTA V don't work for me either as its having trouble connecting to rockstar social club.

Never been a problem for me with Red Dead though.

todahawk

OMFG, I just finished 'Grass Roots'
Just holy shit... this game just gets better and better.

I busted out laughing so hard when I finished the first Lester mission. So wrong.

Lima

Anyone else having trouble with the ifruit app?

Everyone is having these problems. Servers are getting hammered. That is why I hate this social crap and companion app shit. Nice idea in theory but it almost never works in reality or would have been better put directly in the game.

dyergram

Drove a scrambler up mt chiliad with green velvet on the radio felt awesome. Also judging from the graffiti inside the cable car station there's totally a jet pack/ ufo to be found.
1dqISZZ

Wheres the (side mission spoiler)
cult? I just did a mission ti give a girl a lift and it said I could take her to the cult but it did not say where they were.

lil smoke

Banned
I've still only completed one mission to open up the world. Been playing for hours just exploring :D
Me too.

Well, I had been helping that crack bitch since I like to drive anyways, but then i figured out a much better use of my driving prowess. I may never start the missions now.

hehe was driving once, in the rain, just enjoying some smooth music, it was dark and I guess I veered into a divider. Whoa.

So, how many of you switched to free aim? I just got the game, the lock on feels overpowering.

Free aim feels solid for the most part. I wish the reticule was easier to see on some of the weapons because the target is really faint and often blends into bright colors to the point that I can't see it on the screen. Never had this issue in Max Payne 3 even with the dot reticule, and it's especially annoying since the Assault Rifles have a perfectly visible one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love when Franklin gets his
new house
Chop also reaps the benefits.
Two bowls full of food and a steak

BFIB

Never completed all of the side missions in a GTA game, but I'm planning on it with this one. Collected 2 of the
shards of the letter for the serial killer.

I discovered the pop music channel last night. OMG i am in heaven.

I spent 3 hours last night just driving around doing nothing but absorbing the world

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
See, example:

I just drove to a mission with a car I saved at the garage. The mission forces me into another vehicle, my old vehicle has just poofed.

Again, what's the point of all the customisation when the game will forcefully vanish your tweaked car without previous warning.

Cheddahz

Banned
I discovered the pop music channel last night. OMG i am in heaven.

I spent 3 hours last night just driving around doing nothing but absorbing the world

I've been working on missions a whole lot. Once Friday cone around, I'll have the whole weekend to just explore more of the world and embrace it

vilmer_

See, example:

I just drove to a mission with a car I saved at the garage. The mission forces me into another vehicle, my old vehicle has just poofed.

Again, what's the point of all the customisation when the game will forcefully vanish your tweaked car without previous warning.

I really don't know how the hell this situation works. I randomly stole a car a few hours ago and did absolutely nothing with it regards to customization, parking in a garage, etc yet it still kept showing up even across all characters.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
[OT2] Mo Money, No Problems.

I like this one a lot!

First few times you go outside you're still gonna feel like you're in the game. I emulate the walking animation of Michael and pretend I'm still in the game.

Haha, I'd only played it for 30mins on the first day and I found myself "appreciating" outside. Stopped on my bike at an intersection, just looking around at people and cars and buildings... weird stuff man.

Sooooooooo apparently if the blimp touches ANYTHING, it explodes. Good to know!

You just gotta know how to handle yo' blimp, son. Parked that shit on top of a building near the strip club and took a honey home in it. That's how you treat a lady.

Edit:
Would kill for an independent dialog volume slider.

Just turn down SFX and Music and add some Dialogue boost.

Jimmy is hilarious. Exactly the little shit you'd expect, and the way he acts around Franklin is just perfect. "Jizzle"... couldn't stop laughing.

InertiaXr

Does anybody know how much of the
shooting range stuff with Franklin
I need to do to
let me go ahead with Trevor's heist?
I already did all the
Flight school with Michael.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone know when bawsaq will be back up?

Will have the campaign finished tomorrow :( but then its all GTA Online

Everyone is having these problems. Servers are getting hammered. That is why I hate this social crap and companion app shit. Nice idea in theory but it almost never works in reality or would have been better put directly in the game.

I haven't touched any of it, I'm having a blast. :D

Lashley

Must be a regional outage or something. I was just on it again 10-15 minutes ago with michael this time.

I'm from the UK so no idea whats causing it

Yep all my stocks are 0. No idea how to affect offline stocks either.

UrbanRats

Free aim feels solid for the most part. I wish the reticule was easier to see on some of the weapons because the target is really faint and often blends into bright colors to the point that I can't see it on the screen. Never had this issue in Max Payne 3 even with the dot reticule, and it's especially annoying since the Assault Rifles have a perfectly visible one.

Are you using Complex crosshair? If not, select it in the options, much better.

Aleph

I found a tunnel near Mount Chilliad where the textures won't load properly even if I wait for the to load, I'm playing the PSN version. Is anyone having a similar problem? (it's very minor)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I really don't know how the hell this situation works. I randomly stole a car a few hours ago and did absolutely nothing with it regards to customization, parking in a garage, etc yet it still kept showing up even across all characters.

Holly crap.

Looks like it's wonky as fuck.

It really bothers me because I would very much like to custom a car for each main character, but well... right now I can only guarantee it will be available if all I do is drive around, don't mess with anything, then drive back and save it at the garage.

Are you using Complex crosshair? If not, select it in the options, much better.

I am, and it helps with the ARs and shotguns, but the pistol and the submachine guns (I think?) are still too faint. If you happen to be looking in the direction of the sun, or aiming at dawn/dusk, or aiming at enemies who are in front of brighter textures, I find the reticule often gets lost. Doesn't help that it's not on screen until you're aiming which is ridiculous since the game allows you to run + gun and a dynamic crosshair goes against that design choice.

Just weird. I had 0 issues like this in Max Payne 3.

Lashley

Michael has a black BMW for me, Franklin has a car I customized and a green bike and Trevor has his red truck.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Even the glitches left me in awe as I realized playing with Micheal early on and breaking the games logic I drove home and entered the house through the garage and saw my wife and daughter staring lifelessly not moving. So of course I decide to take selfies and wait for the perfect crazy face before snapping a pic (also minutes of waiting for my shit to register with the social club.

Hehe, I had this too:
0_0.jpg

Take my whiskey will ya!?

Top Bottom