• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Hip Hop

But there are police cars EVERYWHERE. And the van is like, impossibly slow. Also, I still can't figure out exactly how to open those doors.

I stoled an armored truck once, got it open with a silence shotgun, it took some rounds to get it open, but that did it.

I just tussled with my first wildcat. My first instinct after killing was to harvest its pelt, guess you don't do that in this game

Dumped a TON of money into a car for Franklin, parked in his garage, saved,and... it disappeared forever. Annoying bug, but so far one of my only complaints in what is shaping up to be one of the best games I've ever played!

Zukuu

Banned
Are there really only 2 alternatively hair and beard styles per charcater, or will more unlock later?

I'm just before my 2nd heist and nothing else available yet.

Meier

I bought the hanger and later got an email saying I had $12500 in weekly income. Do I have to go collect the funds and do they constantly accrue?

Acrylic7

How do I stop characters from changing their clothes when I'm not playing as them? Shits annoying. customizing the characters just to have them change randomly :/

Dead Man

How do I stop characters from changing their clothes when I'm not playing as them? Shits annoying. customizing the characters just to have them change randomly :/

Can't. Most of the customisation in the game seems like a bit of a waste of effort. It is a pain to keep track of a particular car if you want to use it, characters change clothes, haircuts are really all I'm bothering with now.

Dumped a TON of money into a car for Franklin, parked in his garage, saved,and... it disappeared forever. Annoying bug, but so far one of my only complaints in what is shaping up to be one of the best games I've ever played!

Exact same thing happened to me :(

I need to find a way to make some good money though.

Stock game ain't workin

I change clothes between every mission anyway so it doesn't really bother me, I enjoy seeing all the different outfits in the cutscenes. Wish you could put forth a general style though. Sometimes Franklin will have changed into some hood rag nonsense while other times he'll have put together a beautiful sweater/pants combination. In any case I actually like that they change outfits while out of a mission, does a lot to put forward the illusion that they're really living their lives when you're not in control.

Robot Pants

It comes back to your safe house if you reload the game. Meaning exit the game or load it from the menu

Sojgat

aca6330705.gif

just in case

All I know is that I hate this kid on so many levels.

They need to patch police sensitivity. It's stupid when you get a wanted level for punching someone in the desert, or shooting someone with no witnesses. It just hampers my enjoyment when I can't do shit without having the cops up my ass, and it taking fucking ages to lose them.

Agreed.

Stealth mechanics and weapon silencers - Precog Police are just waiting for you to pull the trigger.

Walk around openly carrying a gun - All good, no one reacts unless you point it at them.

Dead Man

I change clothes between every mission anyway so it doesn't really bother me, I enjoy seeing all the different outfits in the cutscenes. Wish you could put forth a general style though. Sometimes Franklin will have changed into some hood rag nonsense while other times he'll have put together a beautiful sweater/pants combination. In any case I actually like that they change outfits while out of a mission, does a lot to put forward the illusion that they're really living their lives when you're not in control.
Yeah, I don't mind the clothes changing, I just wish there was an easier way to change outfits.

UrbanRats

I am, and it helps with the ARs and shotguns, but the pistol and the submachine guns (I think?) are still too faint. If you happen to be looking in the direction of the sun, or aiming at dawn/dusk, or aiming at enemies who are in front of brighter textures, I find the reticule often gets lost. Doesn't help that it's not on screen until you're aiming which is ridiculous since the game allows you to run + gun and a dynamic crosshair goes against that design choice.

Just weird. I had 0 issues like this in Max Payne 3.

Very true, running and gunning when you can't see the crosshair is kind of pointless.

There should be a way to save specific outfits ala Saints Row, so when your character changes into whatever they do when playing as them you have an easy way to choose what you want them to wear. If it's not already in the game, that is, but it's a neat feature from SR that could actually be applied in this game.

Acrylic7

Can't. Most of the customisation in the game seems like a bit of a waste of effort. It is a pain to keep track of a particular car if you want to use it, characters change clothes, haircuts are really all I'm bothering with now.

lol
so fucking stupid.

eival

its almost midnight, i started tuesday afternoon when i woke up, so thats going on 2 straight days without sleeping and i JUST go to trevor's introduction in the game, not even 20% progression.

saunderez

Are you sure its lost and not at the impound lot? Because all of my customised cars ended up at the impound lot. Make sure you're storing the car in a garage and not in the carport of a safehouse.

Meier

its almost midnight, i started tuesday afternoon when i woke up, so thats going on 2 straight days without sleeping and i JUST go to trevor's introduction in the game, not even 20% progression.
Really? I did a ton of side missions and got to him in like 5 hours.

Man this game is fucking just amazing. I love everything about it except the 25fps and the jaggies.

I'm driving to Lester and there was some lady in the street waving her hands. I get out the car and approach her and she's crying talking about someone getting beat by their boyfriend so I follow her around a house and out comes three mexican thugs with guns sticking me up. They start to shoot me and I get two down but the last one got me good.
Amazing.

How do you 'start' the bail bonds missions? I got a email from Maude about the first guy, but I don't have this quarry uncovered on my map, am I suppose to drive around until I find it?

You have to find them yourself. They aren't marked. The quarry should be southeast of Maude's location.

I did an off road race with Trevor, and it said I unlocked a moto x outfit in his wardrobe. But it's not there. Anyone else have this problem?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

I think for everyone having trouble with the garages/saving custom cars...

You really need to keep custom cars exclusively in the unlockable garages (that hold 4-6 vehicles or so). I put a random bike in Michael's garage and it's stayed there across multiple missions and saves, so I guess I've been lucky there, but for expensive/custom/treasured stuff, put it in the holds - NOT the safehouse garages.

I also read that if you total/lose a custom car, you can pick it up at an impound for a fee, not to mention there's some sort of insurance in the game. Everyone complaining about this issue just needs to experiment/research a bit more.

-PXG-

Just switched back to Trevor after messing around with a Franklin. Hmmmm what has good ole T been up to?...

Passed out on a roof. Oh, and he's drunk, just cause
No reason at all. Fucking awesome.

So how do the parachutes work? I snagged one while I was exploring with Franklin. It shows one in his inventory, but I can't seem to equip it.

Man this game is fucking just amazing. I love everything about it except the 25fps and the jaggies.

I'm driving to Lester and there was some lady in the street waving her hands. I get out the car and approach her and she's crying talking about someone getting beat by their boyfriend so I follow her around a house and out comes three mexican thugs with guns sticking me up. They start to shoot me and I get two down but the last one got me good.
Amazing.
Same thing happened to me, I killed everyone. No one crosses Franklin in my game.

tbhysgb

Yes this game has issues, isn't perfect etc. But man is it fucking amazing. Haven't felt this hooked since San Andreas and I had the ps2 version.

GQman2121

Banned
I do wish Rockstar would clarify how exactly the car 'saving' system is meant to work.

Each character has their own garage (colored house on the map) where you can save a number of different vehicles. They also have an addition smaller garage at their save houses. The game saves your most recent custom car as "your car" for missions. If these cars are lost, they'll respawn for the next mission or can be purchased from the impound lot at the East Los Santos police station.

Just did the 1st heist. Pretty darn fun.

I don't care what anyone says, the shotgun shooting range thing is impossible.

Impossible, I tell you! Impossiblleeeeeeeeee

Zukuu

Banned
Everyone complaining about this issue just needs to experiment/research a bit more.
Sorry but you are wrong. I lost multiple bought and customized cars that were kept in the "garage" yet disappeared or had to be left at a mission starting point and never turned up at the impound.

Are there really only 2 alternatively hair and beard styles per charcater, or will more unlock later?

I'm just before my 2nd heist and nothing else available yet.

Anyone?

Save those cars in the other garage. The grove street garage or whatever it's called. Same for the other two, save them in the other garages. You should get a message saying your car is at the impound. If not then the system must be bugged.

Top Bottom