• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spongebob_%26_Patrick_Jaws_Drops.png

Well, that was an episode.

I need the next episode yesterday. Please Disney, not too long of a break...

That was simply fantastic. Oooooh man the 20 year wait for the next episode will be excruciating.

Also, thank goodness for the all day marathon, missed a few episodes from the fall due to Disney's horrible scheduling.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just finished it
HOLY FUUUUUUU-

The wait is going to hurt so much. I need to know what happens now
They were not kidding about this episode changing things.

This Episode..Why!

I need the next one pronto. You can't do this, Disney. You don't have a 3 month break, then a one month break, then with nothing on the slate after THIS big of a bomb of a cliffhanger.

Tuck

Quite possibly the most epic 22 minutes I've ever seen in an American TV show (Excluding TLA).

Absolutely fantastic.

The theories were right.

I need to watch more of this show but each time I change the channel on Disney XD, it's always the same two episodes: the society of the blind eye and some ghost haunting the northwest's mansion.

Permanently A

I need to watch more of this show but each time I change the channel on Disney XD, it's always the same two episodes: the society of the blind eye and some ghost haunting the northwest's mansion.

because they release one new episode a month or something like that

anyways the last ep was yesterday called "Not What He Seems" and jesus its the best episode by far out of the whole series. shit gets SO REAL

because they release one new episode a month or something like that

anyways the last ep was yesterday called "Not What He Seems" and jesus its the best episode by far out of the whole series. shit gets SO REAL

I think I saw that episode tonight. Is it
the one where they reveal Stan's brother at the end
?

Musolf815

Great, great episode, I was a bit distracted by how close the climax was to a Lost episode, I definitely think it was an homage to it.

Hamlet

Hot damn did this episode deliver. Fantastic episode and boy how great were those last five minutes,
especially as Stan was convincing Mabel not to press the button.
Stan escaping jail was also pretty great. Stan Twin theorists vindicated.

Hot damn did this episode deliver. Fantastic episode and boy how great were those last five minutes,
especially as Stan was convincing Mabel not to press the button.
Stan escaping jail was also pretty great. Stan Twin theorists vindicated.

It really is the final minutes of this episode that cements just how great a show this is.
Grunkle Stan trying to convince both Dipper and Mabel not to press the button shows how different personality wise Dipper and Mabel are. Dipper's paranoia and already present dislike of Grunkle Stan made him not believe or trust in any of the words he said. Mabel however is always trusting and forgiving. She can't hold grudges and certainly can't hate or distrust her own family. Even with the world in jeopardy, she chose to believe in Grunkle Stan against Dipper's wishes.

I really want to see how they'll play on that dynamic later on.

Opto

Banned
Huh.
It becomes clear it was going to end like that with the way Stan was admiring how the twins got along. And then when there was the reflection in the window.

Hamlet

This is great. Gravity Falls - The Cast Sing the Theme Song

It really is the final minutes of this episode that cements just how great a show this is.
Grunkle Stan trying to convince both Dipper and Mabel not to press the button shows how different personality wise Dipper and Mabel are. Dipper's paranoia and already present dislike of Grunkle Stan made him not believe or trust in any of the words he said. Mabel however is always trusting and forgiving. She can't hold grudges and certainly can't hate or distrust her own family. Even with the world in jeopardy, she chose to believe in Grunkle Stan against Dipper's wishes.

I really want to see how they'll play on that dynamic later on.

Yeah i'm sure they'l play on that in the future episodes hopefully. Stan pretty much risked the destruction of the entire universe to save his brother. Which is quite the big move. Bet they'll at least have Dipper berating him in the next episode about Stan not telling them about it. Maybe even Stan brother considering he wrote in the journals not to attempt it.
Hope the wait for the next episode isn't too long. I need more answers ha.
Its just so gosh darn good and to think we're only halfway through this season.

Nightbird

Just watched the Episode, and holy Shit what an Experience.

There's not much i can say because i am still in Shock, but i can at least say that this was by far the best Episode now.

RetroMG

Haven't watched the episode yet or read anything in the thread. How long does it take for these to go up on Amazon Instant Video?

I think it's the next day.

One extra amazing thing - the swingset that the kids are sitting on over the credits appears in the background of the dreamscape episode... With one broken seat. Someone on youtube called it out in a video at the end of 2013. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't link it, but it blew my mind when I saw it tonight.

Ultimadrago

Loved the cliffhanger. Torn on the execution as I think the whole deal would have worked better as a two-parter though.

That should hold me until the next episode~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom