• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, look what's on the cover of Howard the Duck #4.

HOWARD2015004_Cover.jpg

rexor0717

Just caught up on this show. One of the funniest cartoons around. The surprising maturity of the humor amplifies its funniness coming from a "kids show". I'm seeing a lot of familiar faces from the SU thread in here too.

Chucker

Alex Hirsch just tweeted the following.

Come on people you can get it. I just wrote it. You just read it

Then

You guessed the place. Now guess the date. If you know who I am, I wont have to wait

Followed by

A bit more soon. A bit more fun. my favorite day. my number one

And finally...

You've guessed the place. You've guessed the day. You know the letters AMA. 11:30 starts the fun. Bring your questions. Trust No One

So, April 1st and 11:30AM. I still can't believe one of my high school friends is friends with him. She's worked on Tangled, WIR, Frozen, BH6 and it's so weird just seeing him and Soos show up in comment threads.

jue2uOZ.jpg

I need her to ask the questions, man.

Edit: I thought it was just coincidence that one of Stan's aliases was Forrester but what if he just picked names that he had seen... whoooooooa. (It's probably not, let me have my moment.)
IGdjy7jl.png

Just caught up with the recent two episodes. Wow. Just wow. Still amazed how much they push the envelope with this show.

I've noticed some people (namely from KYM) that seem to think Mabel's "betrayal" is going to affect her and Dipper's relationship in future episodes. Did Hirsch confirm anything because it seems kinda overblown to me.

Edit: also I hope they keep the momentum going on Pacifica, not necessarily the romance with Dipper, but her Groose-like redemption and likability.

Swamped

Banned
After intense urging from my little sister I decided to give this show a go. I have no words for how much I love this show! I just finished the latest episode today, and am heartbroken that this is now on hiatus. Looking forward to this AMA.

I just love how much detail there is in every scene...everything is a clever, subtle joke, or a callback to an older episode. I really like how the writers don't assume that the audience is composed of idiots.

In some way this show makes me feel nostalgic. Back when I was 12 I was totally like Dipper, always trying to figure out 'secrets' and mysteries. Although I wish my summers were as amazing as theirs!

To somehow assuage this emptiness I feel now that I'm caught up, I decided to look up some fanart. It was all fantastic, but some ideas were pretty far out there. Human Bill Cipher? Bipper? DipperxBipper? I never considered the characters in that way so I was a little disturbed, but somehow I couldn't stop scrolling through tumblr...

KiN0

After intense urging from my little sister I decided to give this show a go. I have no words for how much I love this show! I just finished the latest episode today, and am heartbroken that this is now on hiatus. Looking forward to this AMA.

I just love how much detail there is in every scene...everything is a clever, subtle joke, or a callback to an older episode. I really like how the writers don't assume that the audience is composed of idiots.

In some way this show makes me feel nostalgic. Back when I was 12 I was totally like Dipper, always trying to figure out 'secrets' and mysteries. Although I wish my summers were as amazing as theirs!

To somehow assuage this emptiness I feel now that I'm caught up, I decided to look up some fanart. It was all fantastic, but some ideas were pretty far out there. Human Bill Cipher? Bipper? DipperxBipper? I never considered the characters in that way so I was a little disturbed, but somehow I couldn't stop scrolling through tumblr...

Have you watched all the extra shorts? Although unnecessary, they are really entertaining.

Yeah, any fandom will have its weird ships. At least it doesn't appear to be nearly as dominated by Twincest as it used to be.

Anyone have a summary of the AMA?

Here, guys! Sorry, I tried to cut out as much as the bullshit as I could...

Bill Cipher's AMA said:
Q:Hey Bill, Longtime Fan here. So, I was pondering the other night, are you a being outside of the human known concepts of time and space? Or are you an entity brought upon by a feasible, possibly earthly, concept that is unknown to most mortal men?

Also a side note, I applied for an animation program tonight and I’m really hoping to get in, anyway we could make a deal to make this a sure thing? ;)
A: I EXIST IN A STATE OF QUANTUM UNCERTAINTY! THAT MEANS THAT EVERYTHING I AM, I'M ALSO NOT! IT ALSO MEANS THAT YOUR CAT IS DEAD! BLAME SCHRODINGER! HE'S A LOUSY PET SITTER!

ABSOLUTELY! DRAW ME ON YOUR HAND AND THEN SHAKE HANDS WITH YOURSELF! YOU'LL CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES BUT YOU'LL OWE ME A FAVOR DOWN THE ROAD!

Q:Dear Mr.Cipher, if you are an all-powerful being with no weaknesses, why did you need to make a deal with Dipper to possess his body? Doesn't that put a limit on you and prove that you're not all powerful?
A:ALRIGHT, YOU GOT ME, I MIGHT HAVE OVERSTUFFED MY RESUME! HEY, THEY SAY DRESS FOR THE JOB YOU WANT, NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE! BUT JUST BECAUSE MY POWER HAS A FEW BLIND SPOTS NOW DOESN'T MEAN I'M NOT ANGLING FOR A PROMOTION, YOU DIG? BETTER START STOCKPILING THE ESSENTIALS SMART GUY!

Q:What's your favorite place to people watch in Gravity Falls?
A: FROM WITHIN THE SKULLS OF THE GULLIBLE!

Q: what is the meaning of life for us mortals?
A:Your QUESTION IS FLAWED, JACK! You can't just scoop a noun out of a pile and ask what it's "meaning" is. Meaning is determined by conscious judgement, not inherently built into the universe. What if you asked "what is the meaning of yellow?" or "what is the meaning of butterscotch?" YOU'D GET THROWN OUT OF THE DINNER PARTY BUSTER! These chestnuts are as meaningless as your dusty old "meaning of life" foofarah. You can ask life's purpose, definition, function, even it's taste- but you can't ask for it's "meaning"

BY THE WAY LIFE TASTES LIKE URACIL CYTOCINE AND THYMINE!! ITS DISGUSTING!!

Q:All right. What is the purpose of like for us mortals?
A: PROCREATION OBVIOUSLY! WHAT A SICK, SAD, LIMITED MANDATE! BLAME NATURAL SELECTION PAL! THE PURPOSE OF THE POODLE'S LIFE IS UP TO THE BREEDER! IN IN YOUR CASE DARWIN'S THE ONE BREEDING!

Q:Bill, if you are in fact possessing Alex, and you need to cut a deal-- what is Alex getting out of the deal?
A: DREAMS THAT LOOK LIKE THIS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0

Q:You call Dipper "Pine Tree." Is this because you don't know his true name?
A: YOU BET I KNOW HIS TRUE NAME! IF I HAD A NAME THAT STUPID I'D USE A NICKNAME TOO! SPEAKING OF NAMES, "BILL CIPHER" IS BASICALLY A DIMENSIONAL USERNAME- A PRIMITIVE GRUNT DESIGNED FOR YOUR ANALOG EARS! IF YOU HEARD MY TRUE NAME YOU'D EVAPORATE TO DUST WITH AN EXPRESSION OF HORROR AND ECSTASY ON YOUR FACE! WHICH WOULD BE FUN BUT WOULD PROBABLY RUIN THE RUG!

Q: Why should we buy gold?
A: YOU SHOULDNT. EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD.

Q: You see lots of things, but can you see that kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch? Also, do you plan on killing anyone soon? Because that's not cool, man.
A: WHAAAAAT??! THERE'S DELICIOUS CINNAMON SWIRLS IN EVERY BITE?!?! HOW IS THAT EVEN *$&##& POSSIBLE?! HEY IF YOU WANT TO MAKE AN OMELET YOU HAVE TO BREAK A FEW SKULLS! I'M TALKING ABOUT A BRAIN-OMELET HERE, MOMMA.

Q: What is something you wish you hadn't seen?
A: YOU NAKED. BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT HAPPENED! CURSE MY OMNIPOTENT SIGHT!

Q:puma shirt or panther shirt?
A: THE ERADICATION OF ALL OXYGEN ON THE PLANET LEADING TO GLOBAL ASPHYXIATION!

Q:Mr. Cipher, what do you make of your popularity with the ladies? Do you have any explanation or plans to mobilize them into a fangirl army?
A:WHAT CAN I SAY- CHICKS DIG PSYCHOPATHS! I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ALL MY OF "FAN GIRLS" TO TAKE SOMETHING PSYCHEDELIC, WALK INTO THE NEVADA DESERT, AND FORM THEMSELVES INTO A LARGE HUMAN THRONE TO AWAIT MY COMING!

Q: Who should we beware of?
A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK5jyVCdXwc

Q: So. Bill. We all know pain is hilarious, but what is the MOST hilarious kind of pain?
A: YOURS!

Q:-Why 4/1/15 at 11:30? Or at least any hints as to if this timing is significant?
-Any family?
-What’s your opinion on Gompers?
-What do you think about Stan Pine’s brother?
-Do you know if Soos knew about the car accident?
-Favorite constellation?
-And last question! (Sorry there were so many!) Do you think Wendy’s kind of icy?
A: -TO TEST YOUR FAITH
-NOT ANYMORE
-I LIKE HIM BETTER THIS WAY
-WHICH ONE?
-WHAT SOOS DOESNT KNOW COULD FILL A WAREHOUSE!
-THE SOLAR SYSTEM OF TEEGEEACK
-WENDY'S A PUSHOVER

Q:William, as you are a dream demon, can you tell me how to achieve my dreams?
A:NO BUT I CAN INVADE THEM.

Q:1) Can you actually see the future?
2) Do you have something like a best friend, or a friend, at least?
A: 1) I CAN SEE A KALEIDOSCOPE OF TEMPORAL PROBABILITY WITH FLUCTUATING RANGE! I CAN ALSO SEE THAT THERE ARE INFINITE ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF ME IN INFINITE ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION WITH INFINITE VARIATION! ONE OF THEM ANSWERED BY VOMITING A STREAM OF BLOOD AND PRIME NUMBERS OUT OF HIS THIRD MOUTH!
2) MY FRIENDS LOOK LIKE THIS https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/4a/9c/054a9ce9cbc0e0a92ba9068c143fa616.jpg

Q:Hey Bill. What's up with Wendy's mom?
A:WENDY'S MOM HAS GOT IT GOING ON. SHE'S ALL I WANT AND I'VE WAITED FOR SO LONG.

Q:What does stan's Tattoo mean to you?
A: STANS TATTOO MEANS WATCH YOUR STEP!

Q:Willy, what do you know about a "magical" mailbox in the woods of Gravity Falls?
A; I KNOW THE GUY ON THE OTHER SIDE IS A REAL BLABBERMOUTH

Q; Are you acquainted with Time Baby or know of his existence?
A: UGH! DONT REMIND ME OF THAT OBESE BOMBASTIC DIAPER-WEARING TYRANT! THINKS HE'S SO GREAT JUST BECAUSE HE'S THE LAST SON OF AN EXTINCT RACE OF TIME GIANTS. WHATS THE POINT OF RULING THE ENTIRE FUTURE IF YOU DONT HAVE OBJECT PERMANENCE AND GET DISTRACTED BY JINGLING KEYS?!

I'D DISSEMBLE HIS MOLECULES TO SALT MY MARGARITA IF I COULD, BUT ITS NOT EASY. LET ME ASK YOU- HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO PUNCH A 9 TRILLION TON TODDLER? YOUR FIST GETS STUCK IN HIS CHEEK FAT FOR LIKE A WEEK! IF I HAD PHYSICAL FORM....

Q:-Are there any demons other than yourself? And if so, are you on good terms with them?
-How long have you been around?
-Do dream catchers affect you in any way?
-Are you at all interested in human pop culture?
-Do you have control over what form you take, considering you're a being of pure energy from another dimension? If so, why do you choose to be a triangle? 5b. If you had the opportunity, would you give up your power to become a human and live among us secretly for an extended period of time (assuming you haven't done that already)? You seemed to really enjoy being a human back when you possessed Dipper.
-How much can you do in a mindscape?
-Why did you choose to bother Dipper and Mabel? Are they just the perfect chesspieces for your master plan, or is there some other reason? Also, do you honestly do NOTHING but watch them constantly? Because that's creepy, dude.
-Can you see the future? How much DO you know?
A: 1) THEY'RE LUCKY IF THEY'RE ON GOOD TERMS WITH ME!
2) LETS JUST SAY THOSE PYRAMIDS DIDNT DESIGN THEMSELVES
3) THEY TICKLE!
4) JUST THE GOOD STUFF! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7uC5m-IRns
5) HUMANS ARE FAT WET BAGS OF MEAT WITHERING UNDER THE OPPRESSIVE TYRANNY OF TIME AND PUPPETEERED BY THE ARBITRARY WHIMS OF NATURAL SELECTION! I ENJOY PUTTING ON HUMAN SKIN THE WAY JACK THE RIPPER ENJOYED WEARING CLOWN MASKS! HE ASKED ME NOT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT BUT WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR ME LATELY?
6)INCREASE YOUR THERAPY BILLS
7)I HAVE EYES IN MANY PLACES. I HAVE FRIENDS WITH MANY FACES. I KEEP THE PINES IN PROPER PLACES. DONT LOOK NOW- I UNTIED YOUR LACES
8) I CAN SEE YOUR FUTURE. YIKES!

Q:Heya Bill, what's the best/worst deal you've ever made?
A:NEVER DO YOUR BANKING WITH A MAN NAMED THOMAS J BEALE

Q: What's with the hat? I like it! Where can I get one?
A: JUST DO WHAT JOHN WILKES BOOTH DID! HE GOT TO KEEP THE HAT!

Q: I was wondering, what do you do to unwind? Any hobbies? :)
A: PLANTING PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING OF FALSE FLAG ATTACKS IN MEDIA! ASK JOHN THE WITNESS! HE TAKES ALL MY CALLS!

Q;Can I hug you?
A: ONLY IF YOU CAN FIND ME! 25.0000° N, 71.0000° W

Q: So what's in Dipper's internet history anyway?
A: A LOT OF PICTURES OF REDHEADS!

Q:Hey Bill, it’s me! Dip- I mean I’m totally not Dipper. I’m just some stranger. I got some questions for you.
1) What is your biggest weakness? Anything I can exploit?
2) What is your evil master plan? How can we stop it?
3) Do you think I’m Dipper? Because I’m totally a random stranger. I’M NOT DIPPER, I REPEAT, I’M NOT DIPPER.
4) What was the password to the laptop?
5) What did Mcgucket warm me- I mean not me but that incredibly smart and handsome dude called ‘’Dipper’’ about? What was Mcgucket scared about?
6) Why do we have to buy gold?

Well, hope you can answer this questions, now I need to go sleep since the last time I got sleep deprivation I tried to eat my shirt and things went really bad.. BYE!

edit: this is me! http://imgur.com/kjLBn9g

Arg, my sister hacked into my account! Note to self: don't use WENDYISTOOHOT as a password. Or maybe it was part of the dream? I don't know anymore. Well, it's fixed anyway.

A: 1) YES! MY WEAKNESS IS SEEING YOU STICK JALAPENO PEPPERS IN YOUR EYES! IT'LL HURT ME I PROMISE!
2) MY EVIL MASTER PLAN IS TO PERSONALLY PREVENT YOU FROM YOUR HUMAN GOALS! THE ONLY WAY TO STOP ME IS TO STICK JALAPENO PEPPERS IN YOUR EYES! PLEASE DONT DO IT!
3) OF COURSE YOU AREN'T! WE'VE NEVER MET! I'VE NEVER ENJOYED YOUR SUFFERING! AND I SURE WOULDNT ENJOY WATCHING YOU PUT JALAPENO PEPPERS IN A BLENDER AND POURING THE RESULTING CONCOCTION DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EYES!
4) GULLIBLE
5)MCGUCKET'S SCARED OF YOU NOT RUBBING PEPPERS ALL OVER YOUR EYES!! DONT LET HIM LIVE IN FEAR ANY LONGER!
7)THOSE PEPPERS DONT COME CHEAP!

Q: Why do dudes have nipples?
A: BECAUSE HUMANS ARE DESIGNED BY A BLIND AND IDIOTIC UNCARING CHAOS!

Q: How do you feel after lying about being a human to get in here?
A: LITTLE TIP FROM SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK- "TRUTH" IS A TATTLETALE WITH NO FRIENDS. "TRUTH" IS YOUR ANNOYING UNCLE WHO SPOILS THE MOVIE. "TRUTH" IS A CONCEPT INVENTED BY POWERFUL LIARS TO GUILT YOU INTO GIVING THEM MORE POWER. DONT FALL FOR THE TRAP. LIE UNTIL WHAT YOU WANT TO BE TRUE BECOMES TRUE. LIE UNTIL YOU CANT REMEMBER WHATS A LIE AND WHAT ISNT. LIE UNTIL YOU ARENT LYING ANYMORE

Q: Do you know what spawned your existence?
A: EDWIN ABBOTT ABBOTT HAS A DECENT IDEA

Q: Are you actually equilateral, or is one of your sides just a teensy bit longer than the other two?
A: THATS A SICK QUESTION YOU PERVERT

Q:my heart goes out to you, bill. there are so many comments. good luck. keep on truckin... or should i say keep on trianglin'
A: YOU SHOUDLNT BUT YOU DID

Q: -Approximately how many ounces of gold should we buy before the apocalypse dawns upon us?
-Is it true that you were once a human being?
-Tell us a joke.
A: 1) NO AMOUNT OF GOLD ON EARTH CAN BUY ORIGINALITY
2) YES. I POURED SODA ON MY EYES AND THEW MYSELF DOWN THE STAIRS
3) FREE WILL IS REAL!

Q: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN, OR CONSIDERED BEING, IN LOVE?
A: "LOVE" is your your sick raw biological urge to reproduce trying to dress up in a suit and charm its way through the opera! DONT BE FOOLED BY THE HIGH PRICED PR AND FANCY LINENS! THIS IMPOSTER ONLY WANTS TO TIE YOU DOWN AND DRAG YOU INTO THE GRAVE!

Q: WHY DO YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS
A: I THINK IN ALL CAPS

Q:Will I be seeing you in my dreams tonight?
A: LONELY DAYS ARE LONG TWILIGHT SINGS A SONG ALL THE HAPPINESS THAT USED TO BE

Q: Are you planning anything particularly exciting in the future? Like the end of the world?
A: IM THINKING OF BRINGING BACK MKULTRA

Q: WHAT IS YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION?
A: MY DIMENSION HAS 14 BILLION DIFFERENT GENDERS. ITS VERY CONFUSING. IM HONESTLY NOT SURE. IT WOULD TAKE YEARS OF PAPERWORK TO SORT IT ALL OUT.

Q: Are there any magical symbols that you hate?
A:KRYPTOS

Q: What's the worst that could happen?
A: OPERATION NORTHWOODS

Q: WILL THE PLAIN OF YOUR EXISTENCE LAST LONGER THAN 2 SEASONS OR IS THIS THE END OF OUR CONNECTION WITH YOU
A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU-DAWveB_g

Q: Which of the 7 deadly sins is your favourite?
A: DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN MY BABIES!!

Q: What's your opinion on the tapestry hanging in the Northwest's mansion? You know, the one with you and the bowing people and the fire.
A: IT CAME OUT PRETTY NICE, DONT YOU THINK?! THE NATIVE PEOPLE OF GRAVITY FALLS REALLY HAD A FLARE FOR CAPTURING MY TRUE ESSENCE. ALTHOUGH THEIR TIMING ON PROPHECIES LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED! GOTTA HAND IT TO THAT SHAMAN THOUGH, HE WAS A REAL FUN GUY TO TALK TO, EVEN IF HE TURNED OUT TO BE LESS COOPERATIVE THAN I HOPED. HEY, THERE'S ALWAYS THE NEXT GENERATION...

Q: What are the things you have already done with Stanley?
A: STANLEY MADE ENOUGH MISTAKES WITHOUT MY HELP

Q: How does one get such a slender physique as yours, Bill?
A: HEY I KNOW A GUY WITH A MUCH MORE SLENDER PHYSIQUE THAN ME! IF YOU THINK MY FANS ARE CRAZY, YOU SHOULD SEE HIS. (BETWEEN YOU AND ME, I KNEW HIM BEFORE HE WAS SO SLENDER. I THINK HE HAS BODY IMAGE ISSUES)

So, from what I gathered

-Stanley/Stanford are the brothers' names
-Soos has some sort of lapsed memory
-He might have been human once?
-Bill knows Wendy isn't all "Captain Badass" at heart
-The goat was something else?
-He knows Wendy's mom?

It's funny that he actually answered more questions as B.C. then his last one as Hirsch. Oh, well...

Welcome to the cult, and to be honest, I have no fucking idea where that human Bill thing came from....

If you backtrack through this OT (as well as the Season 1 OT by DMPrince) you'll find out that there are people out that want our boy Dipper to get with everything and anyone that has a hole in it just for shits and giggles (his sister, Soos, Bill, the pig, etc)....

...except for Wendy, of course, but then again, I blame the writers for that one, but that's another story.

That's because Dipcifica will win in the end :p

judas.png

all joking aside, I really like how this community is extremely open to the different opinions/thoughts/theories on the show, and I'll like to keep it that way...

Yeah, any fandom will have its weird ships. At least it doesn't appear to be nearly as dominated by Twincest as it used to be.

save for fucking THIS! Hopefully, the regulars here will agree with me...

Only real flaw with this episode was the lack of Wendy.

Wendy is to Gravity Falls as Asami was to the Legend of Korra. So often, forgotten.

Of course, something important happens, and Red isn't anywhere around. (See point above...) I'm personally at the point where I think that the GF team can't think of an angle for her besides the whole "crush" thing, and they pushed that upfront to appease people bitching on the 'net, so now, they're kinda fucked.

Perfect example is a lot of us here where wondering when we would see what exactly happened between the two post Boyz Crazy. Hirsch finally answered a fan on twitter:

d9n8iNm.png

while it's okay to have an answer (a year and a half later none the less), in my eyes, it's a jump, leap, and a hop from:

tumblr_le6ce3JHMl1qzzxaqo1_500.jpg

(I was expecting at least a few more episodes like "Into the Bunker" where it's her and Dipper exploring stuff, but I guess not) A shame; since I know a lot of folks here at GF-GAF are pro-Wendy.

Heck, even our favorite artist thinks there's a change a brewing:

tumblr_nlikt8xuXZ1rdlfnuo1_500.png

tumblr_nlikt8xuXZ1rdlfnuo2_500.png

tumblr_nlikt8xuXZ1rdlfnuo3_500.png

IMO, I think Pacifica would be the big game changer rather this twin brother. We'll see, I guess...

If there is a season 3, let's try for the title: IOT3I - Defenders of ignored, underused gingers everywhere!

Oh, yeah, speaking of, this is apparently now a thing:
bjSS3bT.png

And yes, I did dig the episode. I'm extremely glad it didn't end up being a total red herring like the Society of the Blind Eye. Though three things:

-Why didn't Stan just say at the end, "Hey, my brother's gonna be coming through there" instead of keeping everyone in suspense.

-About the brother himself; damn, Activison, you guys are adverting Destiny everywhere, aren't ya?

-The AV Club interview hinted at that at the second half of the 2nd season, there will be
a rift between Dipper and Mabel. I REALLY hope that the friggin' show doesn't become "Dipper vs. the World all of a sudden. (C'mon, Wendy's time to shine! COUGH* or Pacifica to a lesser extent COUGH!)

Someone make a GIF/WEBM of Mable waving her arms from the start of the episode please.

sorry for the wait:

n7oldA4.gif

and a bonus one for keeping you guys waiting:

96b7C3N.gif

Also, according to a few posters on Reddit, I guess GF Season 1 is available on Netflix (in English and Spanish) in Mexico and Argentina. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a way to change your proxy when it comes to this stuff, right?

And a few notes of interest from Twitter, especially the last one:

dvPOBdK.png

Finally, I guess Hirsch appeared at Wondercon 2015 with info on newest episode:

https://www.tumblr.com/video_file/115540618356/tumblr_nmbduwz1wr1rbqfb3

happy holidays, all! Until next time!

Wow man, that post.
Thanks for summarizing the AMA.

I'm guessing we may be getting more backstory into Wendy considering they've been teasing for a while her not so strong side and we haven't learned anything about her mother(we got an episode learning about Soos' dad).

A potential rift between Dipper and Mabel would make for some interesting character development but hopefully it doesn't extend too long. I feel like they're is more to Soos' character then we have been led to know too...

Also I have no doubt that Pacifica may end up getting more screen time considering the popularity she has most likely gained from the next to last episode.

Wow man, that post.
Thanks

No problem, sorry it was a bit wishy-washy. I agree with you on all your points, but like I said earlier, I still think that the worlds of Wendy and Pacifica are gonna mix. My missus says that she can easily picture a half-assed Betty/Archie/Veronica thing going, and the thing is that I can see it, too...

Remember, this was Wendy when she found out her best friend was dating her scum-bag, low life ex that she kicked to the curb:

VENHucu.gif

Now, imagine what happens when little Miss Priss outs her from someone she actually gives a shit about:

inVFVeo.gif

Why is it wrong if their love is pure?

Nothing wrong with pure brotherly/sisterly love. Problem is that people want them to fuck, and that's messed up...

-The AV Club interview hinted at that at the second half of the 2nd season, there will be
a rift between Dipper and Mabel. I REALLY hope that the friggin' show doesn't become "Dipper vs. the World all of a sudden. (C'mon, Wendy's time to shine! COUGH* or Pacifica to a lesser extent COUGH!)

Gravity Falls: Civil War.

Dipper, Wendy, and Pacifica vs. Mabel, Candy, and Grenda.

Soos can't pick a side because he's Soos.

RetroMG

Wow, a Gravity Falls Telltale game would be amazing. Although I would want it to be more of a classic Telltale point and click rather than a "Hurry, pick a dialogue option, THERE'S NO TIME!"

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I was at WonderCon yesterday and Hirsch was in one of the panels.

He didn't really say too much, but he did explain that things will be revealed. So yeah.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whoa, a lot to that AMA. And that post in general.
I'm surprised you didn't mention that Bill knows Slender Man.

You know, as someone that rolls his eyes at shipping and just doesn't care for it... even I want to see Dipper and Pacifica together. I'm weak!

So when they said Summer... when exactly does that mean? I remember Disney listed the release date for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep for "Summer" and it came out in September (a couple weeks before Fall). So we could get a September return from the hiatus.

Too many hiatuses... this, Power Rangers... these channels are the worst.

Unless there's a clause in his contract that specifically states it, I don't think Alex gets to decide when the show ends. Conceivably he could just quit, but if Disney wanted to they could just replace him. Nickelodeon's done it.

Hamlet

Hmm...third season then?

Maybe not as Alex Hirsch said this in an AMA last year. A movie to wrap everything up would be pretty cool.
Q: Short question: Ideally, how many seasons would you like to do?
A: Originally I thought three. That may be too many though. Perhaps 2 and a movie. Im more interested in quality than quantity. But I suppose anything can happen

Unless there's a clause in his contract that specifically states it, I don't think Alex gets to decide when the show ends. Conceivably he could just quit, but if Disney wanted to they could just replace him. Nickelodeon's done it.
Welp hope it doesn't end up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom