• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! It's only one episode compared to the Steven Bomb, but it looks like it'll be worth it.

Speaking of SU, this gif sums up the hype for July 13th

834.gif

it isn't really fair though. People forget how good GF is because of the huge gaps between episodes.

FoneBone

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but after A Tale of Two Stans airs, is there any word on scheduling for subsequent episodes?

Hamlet

KiN0

And meanwhile, we'll be getting our second Steven bomb this summer.

Has there been any kind of statement on why the release schedule is so slow?

abundant

I haven't been following this thread for very long, but I mean, is there an actual reason?

It's what Disney does, that's the reason. Nickelodeon does it too, it's just something you have to get use to when watching a show on a Network geared for children.

I believe the logic behind this scheduling is the following:
* Treating each new set of episodes as a big event will maximize ratings while minimizing the amount of product actually needed. This is how we get half of a season over the period of a year.
* Seemingly contradictory, but by having sporadic releases of new episodes, the expectation is that kids will continue to watch reruns with the hope of catching the new episodes and maybe even misidentifying a rerun as a new episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They're now airing Not What He Seems to lead into the new episode.

Also, when did Disney XD start airing Doctor Who?

I have seen a couple episodes and enjoyed them, but it's bullshit that I can't follow the series proper thanks to it being available only through compilation dvds and itunes.

That was incredible. It's amazing how well everything ties together. it such a tragedy what happened between Stanley and Stanford :(

The last scene with Mabel and Dipper might foreshadow some really bad things in the future. Also Soos trying to tell Wendy what happened was too funny.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So good! So many questions answered.
I liked the little cliffhanger at the end. The last episode implied there would be tension between the twins, and the ending continues that notion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom