• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Braly (Gravity Falls storyboard artist, director) recently did an AMA on reddit.

Interesting stuff. Some highlights:

• It's implied this isn't the last major hiatus of the show, unless he means another long ass hiatus for S3 or movie
  • Deleted scene from long ago had Gideon finding Journal 2 in the woods and the more knowledge he gained it the more insane he went, he was a normal boy before that
  • Wendy will have major screen time and scenes in the future
  • Expect more Pacifica, everyone will play a role
  • There will be more unique animation styles used (like how we had pixel art and stop motion)
  • Dipper Clones #3 & #4
    CONFIRMED to make a reappearance.
  • Dungeons Dungeons and more Dungeons will air soon after Tale of Two Stans

Probably more stuff in the link.

All of this (except the possible additional hiatus) sounds amazing and great. Wendy needs more screen time considering how good she was in the bunker episode. Likewise Pacifica definitely needs to show up more although I'd prefer if she shared more of her screen time with Dipper considering their characters really work well off each other. Also, I had thought for a while now that Gideon had been corrupted by the books rather than evil from birth. It would be cool if we saw some scene of sorts calling back to his gradual fall.

So if the journals are like Death Note where it corrupts the current holder/user, then wouldn't Dipper also be affected in the long run? (Assuming the past episodes haven't already indicated his erratic behavior )

Psxphile

So if the journals are like Death Note where it corrupts the current holder/user, then wouldn't Dipper also be affected in the long run? (Assuming the past episodes haven't already indicated his erratic behavior )

The scene was probably deleted/unused for that reason.

Chariot

The scene was probably deleted/unused for that reason.
Death Note's don't have a inherent curse that corrupts people. It gives power that corrupts like everything that gives power. The GF books are a little different they give you knowledge (I swear, I will punch you like the pope if you post Littlefinger). It empowers you someway to survive, but the corruption is different. Gideon saw a wholr new world, but had probably not the mental bac-kup Dipper had in his sister primarily and other people of course.

Slowtaku strikes again
QPoFiYU.jpg

Hamlet

New trailer! New sypnosis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQPSNDz8JQ

A Tale of Two Stans -
Cornered underneath the Mystery Shack, Stan must finally reveal the secrets of his past and his mysterious portal to Dipper and Mabel. Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons (“Whiplash”) recurs as Stan’s twin brother.
Yay about time.

news - it's the only new GF in July!!!!
Dang. Oh well at least we still have the SDCC panel to look forward to.

I really hate how Disney schedules episodes such that each one is supposed to be a major event, and thus we should be happy with just one. Still, hell yeah, Gravity Falls!

Uh... spoiler alert but that's pretty fucked up right here:

For a split second you can see the sleeve of the person who threw/pushed younger Stan down and it's
his dad, confirmed to wear the same vest and shirt in a flashback.

Yeah, I saw that on reddit (where I first saw the new trailer). Remember, Hirsch said that
"Stan had a hard life;" maybe he wasn't the favorite twin..or he's just a jerk

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's widely believed that the guy that does that blog (mystery of gravity falls) is actually Hirsch himself or someone close to the show.

So, pretty much this:

binc_06_009.jpg

That page is amazing (that's Dick as the other Batman right?)

But yeah, I could totally see Alex as the person behind that blog and its YouTube channel.

Oh yeah, since commercials on Disney Channel (and presumably Disney XD) are all just commercials for other Disney things, they could easily get away with no commercials for something. Looking forward to it, not looking forward to the break after.

That's awesome! It's only one episode compared to the Steven Bomb, but it looks like it'll be worth it.

Speaking of SU, this gif sums up the hype for July 13th

834.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom