• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

One of my favorite things about Bill is how...casual he comes off in conversations. No wonder people are quick to open up to him.

The Stan episode wasn't as dreamy as I'd hoped. It was decent enough. Didn't care much for the Unicorn episode either but now the series is getting real again.

Also Bill is probably gonna control
Stan.

I have a feeling Bill is gonna make a deal with the Northwest family or possibly possess Pacifica. After all, why would there be a banner in their mansion showing Bill on it?

Tizoc

I have a feeling Bill is gonna make a deal with the Northwest family or possibly possess Pacifica. After all, why would there be a banner in their mansion showing Bill on it?

I didn't notice that o_O
But you clearly forgot about Gideon who a few eps. ago decided to make a deal with Bill.

Tizoc

Damn, no Wendy for this. Linda Cardellini must be busy with something.

He doesn't need to possess Gideon. Gideon is already a disciple of sorts. Besides, they would never let Gideon in the Shack, and he's behind bars, anyway.

Huh fair enough.

TimmiT

rLknBxk.png

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/645766794473439232

Oh boy

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alright episode. At least it sunk all the Dipper and Candy shippers (Tumblr is probably a nuclear wasteland right now)
The premise of pranking other tourist traps was great though.

Pretty good episode. It's interesting to see the rest of Oregon in this show and I liked the road trip pace it had. I guess this episode really cements Dipper getting over his past crush. It also seems to confirm that Stan has married before.

Alright episode. At least it sunk all the Dipper and Candy shippers (Tumblr is probably a nuclear wasteland right now)
The premise of pranking other tourist traps was great though.

Yeah, that kinda came outta nowhere, didn't it?

I have mixed feelings on this episode, GF-GAF.

I mean, I get the point that the show was trying to make about
being a pickup artist - and how it generally backfires (most of the time - sigh). But at the same time, while not all of the blame could be shifted onto Dipper's shoulders, my point is that didn't he learn a lot of those same lessons with the experience with Wendy, like learning to talk to the opposite sex like a "normal person" or what a romantic log ride would suggest to another person.

But then again, this could be negated by everyone and their mother clicking their tongues at Dipper about his unresolved feelings (considering that NOT fucking one of them have a decent relationship themselves). An extra "fuck off" for Mabel, for once again, making matters worse and pushing Candy without actually talking to Dipper first. At least he didn't ask Ford for advice...

And while I'll admit I'm not the biggest Candy fan (though I do love BMO) you gotta feel for her anyways. It makes you wonder what exactly Dipper was telling those other girls (big difference between exchanging emails and numbers and cozying up next to someone), but only our boy, Dipper would have that kind of shit luck. (Lol at the Canada girl though)

Other than that, anyone else catch that
Candy's eyes went all yellow (like Ford's did in the last episode) after the showdown with the other tourists?

Lastly, the end codes for this episode:

"SOOS, LIKE A NOBLE GOLDEN RETRIEVER, EVENTUALLY FOUND HIS WAY HOMEWARD, AND BEFRIENDED A TALKING BULLDOG AND SASSY CAT ALONG THE WAY."

"CARLA MCCORKLE RETURNED ALL HIS FLOWERS
MARILYN DIVORCED HIM AFTER ONLY SIX HOURS
BEATRICE SLAPPED HIM FOR BEING A CAD
OLD GOLDIE'S THE BEST GIRLFRIEND STAN EVER HAD."

Now, onto the Star vs the Forces of Evil season finale...

Pretty good episode. It's interesting to see the rest of Oregon in this show and I liked the road trip pace it had. I guess this episode really cements Dipper getting over his past crush. It also seems to confirm that Stan has married before.

Nah, with all of the recent name drops in the last few episodes, I think it only hints at who Bill is going to try to possess. If you watch that roulette of choices from the last episodes credits, you see that Wendy is the first image...

Tuck

Bit too much cg for my liking in this episode. Looked really jarring. Enjoyable besides that - Candy and Dipper in the van's back seat was hilarious.. Lack of Wendy continues to be a travesty.

Bit too much cg for my liking in this episode. Looked really jarring. Enjoyable besides that - Candy and Dipper in the van's back seat was hilarious.. Lack of Wendy continues to be a travesty.

Really? I didn't notice any jarring CG.

It was a good episode, but, even though I don't consider myself a shipper, I really wanted to see Candy and Dipper become a thing, it was disappointing to see her just wave it off as "Yeah I'm over my little crush".

By the way, one little detail bugging me is, wouldn't the third out fourth girl that signs Dipper's arm notice the other numbers/addresses?

Also, I just noticed in the voice cast someone else is voicing Grenda? I thought she was voiced by Hirsch, when did they change? I didn't even notice.

UberTag

tumblr_nuc3pd1V6Q1rz6w0do2_500.gif

Totally missed that bathing suit one the first time...
Well, it is a pretty sweet red bathing suit.

wendy_lifeguard_gif___gravity_falls_by_taltlo-d67l1zc.gif

Nah, with all of the recent name drops in the last few episodes, I think it only hints at who Bill is going to try to possess. If you watch that roulette of choices from the last episodes credits, you see that Wendy is the first image...
Despite her lack of presence in a good chunk of the episodes that have aired over the past 6 months or so, Wendy still seems like the obvious choice that would lead to the most potential conflict.
I'm still expecting a fake-out or two. Wouldn't be Gravity Falls otherwise.

Nightbird

Damn, i usually despise Shippers, but Dipper screwed up. He should totally try to get Candy back

I can relate to how flirting with many Girls will come back and bite you in the butt

Last two episodes have both been great. Wendy is awesome and we barely get to see her so that was nice. Dipper honestly didn't deserve the blame he got in Roadside Attraction but nobody said life was fair. Just that it was funny.

NEO0MJ

Last two episodes have both been great. Wendy is awesome and we barely get to see her so that was nice. Dipper honestly didn't deserve the blame he got in Roadside Attraction but nobody said life was fair. Just that it was funny.

Flirting with girls in attractions close to each other might not have been the best idea.

PSqueak

Banned

No kidding.

Basically it's like this...

Mabel: Goddammit Dipper! Get over Wendy, go try to woo some women!

Mabel: Fuck you Dipper! how dare you be a player like i adviced you (or like i have been with guys) and hurt my friend's, that i purposedly set up with you, feelings!

Neoxon

No kidding.

Basically it's like this...

Mabel: Goddammit Dipper! Get over Wendy, go try to woo some women!

Mabel: Fuck you Dipper! how dare you be a player like i adviced you (or like i have been with guys) and hurt my friend's, that i purposedly set up with you, feelings!
It's funny since she filed Dipper & Candy as a potential future match back during Love God. Hopefully Mabel at least modifies the placement of her figures in future episodes. I'm honestly too scared to look at Tumblr on account of the wasteland that it likely has become.

That being said, I'm glad that shit's going down in the next episode. It's a shame that I'll have to wait a month for it.

"Roadside Attraction" was OK. It would have been nice to get more interaction between Stan and the other attraction runners. Dipper's story was pretty straightforward and somewhat dull. I was surprised that they teased the Dipper X Candy shippers like that, though I suppose there is an out for them in that Dipper just has to act brave in front of her. Also, didn't one of the show's creators say in an "ask me anything" that no girls would be attracted to Dipper, in response to a shipping question? I guess that's why this is a "continuity-free episode".

It might be an old man moment, but what does cg mean in this context?

I can picture Hirsch looking out into the fanbase, seeing their demand for more Wendy, and going to his staff, "Well...just toss some photos of her into this next episode; it'll be alright...)

Tuck

It might be an old man moment, but what does cg mean in this context?

I can picture Hirsch looking out into the fanbase, seeing their demand for more Wendy, and going to his staff, "Well...just toss some photos of her into this next episode; it'll be alright...)
The van was a 3d model, no? It was stylized to fit better with the rest of the 2d show but just as in anime its still very jarring seeing 2d and 3d mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom