• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the last episode, Stan says something about using the "3 Cs" as a dating tip. Can't remember exactly what he said, but he tell Dipper two words, then keep the last one for himself... was that really a cock joke?

During the last episode, Stan says something about using the "3 Cs" as a dating tip. Can't remember exactly what he said, but he tell Dipper two words, then keep the last one for himself... was that really a cock joke?

He said he couldn't remember what the last one was. The series has had implied inappropriate words before ("Wait, there's no one here. I can swear for real! SON OF A--"), so I wouldn't be surprised.

Psxphile

I just assumed he was making stuff up on the spot and couldn't think of a third c-word that would fit the theme. And I'm usually pretty good about subtext. I'll have to watch that scene again, but right now to me it seems like a reach.

Psxphile

New Promo

EDIT: this too
tumblr_nvvgl5fHlC1r8xrzao1_1280.png
4 DAYS

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm actually here to watch it live. Not sure how long it will last though (thank you DVR)

Wow, actually touching on the realities of high school. Funny that a Disney show is doing this.

Well.................... Fuck.

Uh, that was pretty damn predictable. Well they had to get someone to stupidly betray the family and doom them all. Also the fear thing was dumb when After-Earth did it.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from a kid's show.

KiN0

I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as I hoped it would. I'm not sure why, but my enjoyment of the show has diminished ever since Ford showed up. I feel like he exists only to make drama between Dipper and Mabel.

wbEMX

Hands down one of the best episodes yet. That ending credits scene with
the townfolk screaming in the background
.... that was something. Holy fuck.

Silkworm

Yeah, that episode gave me chills. :) Summer comes to an end, unfortunately. Oh, and so does the
world

I wonder if the flying saucer will play a role in providing the Pines a way to fight Bill. There must be more to it than what was revealed in this episode, right?

UberTag

Ford has such an aura of dickhead about him.
To be fair, this isn't exactly a "new" thing for him. He's always been sort of a know-it-all workaholic dickhead. All consumed with his studies or his research or his journals and exhibiting a complete lack of consideration for the feelings of his brother, his partner, Dipper and the rest of his family because of his fixation on saving the world. He only invests time in someone when he can get something back from them. Plus, he talks AT people instead of actually having conversations with them.

I'm not saying he should have exemplary social skills or anything given what he's been through and the responsibilities he's taken on... but he should at least have SOME self-awareness. Even Stan has that. And despite all of that hyper-focus, he's still stupidly careless about important things like allowing Dipper to casually lug the tear around with him in his backpack.

BatDan

Unless there's some even greater threat out there, then what Alex said about the show ending this season is likely true. Two seasons of very high quality episodes is a good run.
Plus, apparently Disney is very difficult to work with. Especially when they won't release the series on DVD.

Hamlet

Wow those last five minutes sure got intense fast.

Yeah talk about a dark way to end the episode.

PaulloDEC

Awesome episode, loved it.

Finale looks absolutely batshit. If the show has to end at two seasons, I'm glad they're going large with it.

BatDan

Awesome episode, loved it.

Finale looks absolutely batshit. If the show has to end at two seasons, I'm glad they're going large with it.

There's at least 3 episodes left. Though I hear 5 as well.
Next episode isn't the finale, but rather the beginning of the finale.

What the shit, show is ending soon? I haven't been paying attention.

The plan is two seasons.

Hahahaha. Perfect.

PaulloDEC

There's at least 3 episodes left. Though I hear 5 as well.
Next episode isn't the finale, but rather the beginning of the finale.

Woah, for real? I was just going by the list on Wikipedia (not to mention the name of the next episode). If there's more to come, great!

Unless there's some even greater threat out there, then what Alex said about the show ending this season is likely true. Two seasons of very high quality episodes is a good run.
Plus, apparently Disney is very difficult to work with. Especially when they won't release the series on DVD.

There are 2 dvds out,. The first one has 6 episodes and the second on has 8 episodes.

Though I was surprised by them acknowledging that time passed and summer is close to over, I thought that much of the episode was rather ho-hum. It was a bit sad when Mabel ran off. However, dat ending. I didn't expect Bill to possess Smevin(?), but it makes sense, since he has his (damaged) camouflage and, of course, time travel. Has he still been making cameos, or did those completely stop after "The Time Traveler's Pig"? If he continued appearing in scenes with Dipper and Mabel, that would have been a great bonus. I was disappointed that Mabel was the one to be tricked into ending the world, though. Looking forward to the next episode in two weeks.

There are 2 dvds out,. The first one has 6 episodes and the second on has 8 episodes.

He means an actual season set. And he probably also meant Blu-Ray.

dity

Just watched the latest episode earlier. I like where it's all going, but it feels like things from earlier in the season (specifically pre-episode 11) are just being forgotten pushed aside so we can all hurry to the end. It was a pretty meh episode to me. Super looking forward to the next one.

Got a feeling that, even if Hirsch want to end it after this season, Disney will probably go ahead with another season, with or without Alex.

UberTag

Just watched the latest episode earlier. I like where it's all going, but it feels like things from earlier in the season (specifically pre-episode 11) are just being forgotten pushed aside so we can all hurry to the end. It was a pretty meh episode to me. Super looking forward to the next one.
The pacing of this season seems a little haphazard in retrospect.
Especially with only 3 episodes to go before we're done for good.

I dont watch
Rick and Morty
so I dont get it :p

What the shit, show is ending soon? I haven't been paying attention.

I'd rather have them end the show this season rather than some "Hey Arnold" kind of cliffhanger due to a dispute between show creator and the network.

I wonder if Time Baby, Lolph and Dungren will make an appearance or cant Blendin Blandin just use his time measuring tape to revert back before Bill got the Interdimensional Rift unless Bill can bypass that being from another universe, etc

dity

The pacing of this season seems a little haphazard in retrospect.
Especially with only 3 episodes to go before we're done for good.
It feels like the season is a victim of the weird scheduling and seemingly unknowing whether they're cancelled or not? Every string of new episodes released this season seem like their own little self contained arc.

I dont watch
Rick and Morty
so I dont get it :p
Same voice actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom