• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Now, check this out:

tumblr_inline_nszj56b90E1rfnywh_500.png

This listing has been floating about the net today, taken from zap2it.net, which was pretty trustworthy concerning season 1 leaks.

TWO NEW GF shows on the SAME day?!

CJCtC2YUsAAvpFU.jpg

Ooh yes please hopefully and yeah Zap2it is usually pretty reliable for titles and episode descriptions.

What is this fuckery?

Has Disney finally realized they have one good show and that they should support it?

Disney supports and markets the hell out of the show. They just don't like showing new episodes very often though :(

Squalor

Disney supports and markets the hell out of the show. They just don't like showing new episodes very often though :(
Yeah, then that means they don't support it.

The marketing for this season, especially this second half of the season, has been markedly better than the first.

At the same time, what good is marketing a show if you don't even air it on a regular kind of schedule?

Hopefully, as I alluded to, Disney has learned its lesson.

Hamlet

Yeah, then that means they don't support it.

The marketing for this season, especially this second half of the season, has been markedly better than the first two.

At the same time, what good is marketing a show if you don't even air it on a regular kind of schedule?

Hopefully, as I alluded to, Disney has learned its lesson.

Except it seems to working for them though as each new episode keeps breaking new rating records for Disney XD.
Disney basically markets each episode as a big event. They usually have a ton of advertising in the weeks leading up to the new episode on their channel and alos have a bunch GF episode marathons which tie in to the episode. So far it seems to be working for them and it's giving a much needed boost to Disney XD.
Still sucks how far paced the episodes are though.

Squalor

Except it seems to working for them though as each new episode keeps breaking new rating records for Disney XD.
Disney basically markets each episode as a big event. They usually have a ton of advertising in the weeks leading up to the new episode on their channel and alos have a bunch GF episode marathons which tie in to the episode. So far it seems to be working for them and it's giving a much needed boost to Disney XD.
Still sucks how far paced the episodes are though.
That doesn't mean it's working. The show came back from a midseason break. It's practically a première.

Also, breaking records on Disney XD isn't saying much of anything.

The show still isn't drawing the numbers it did for the first season.

Hamlet

That doesn't mean it's working. The show came back from a midseason break. It's practically a première.

Also, breaking records on Disney XD isn't saying much of anything.

The show still isn't drawing the numbers it did for the first season.

Yeah but the only reason it isn't drawing the same number from season 1 is due to the show being moved over to Disney XD. Disney is using it to prop up Disney XD . It pretty much blows away anything else on Disney XD ratings wise. For comparison Star Wars Rebels, Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero rarely get over a million viewers and they have a much more consistent schedule than Gravity Falls. Gravity Falls on the other hand despite it's erratic schedule has consistently been keeping well over a million viewers.
It's doing fantastic for Disney XD which most likely makes Disney happy.

Squalor

Yeah but the only reason it isn't drawing the same number from season 1 is due to the show being moved over to Disney XD. Disney is using it to prop up Disney XD . It pretty much blows away anything else on Disney XD ratings wise. For comparison Star Wars Rebels, Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero rarely get over a million viewers and they have a much more consistent schedule than Gravity Falls. Gravity Falls on the other hand despite it's erratic schedule has consistently been keeping well over a million viewers.
Right. But how is that evidence that an erratic schedule "works"?

It's not empirical evidence. Hell, it's not even iffy evidence. It's not evidence at all.

Gravity Falls has a huge Internet following, so people are going to tune in when it's on. It's harder for casual fans to get into it, though, since the scheduling has been so erratic.

Again, maybe Disney has learned its lesson.

Hamlet

Right. But how is that evidence that an erratic schedule "works"?

It's not empirical evidence. Hell, it's not even iffy evidence. It's not evidence at all.

Gravity Falls has a huge Internet following, so people are going to tune in when it's on. It's harder for casual fans to get into it, though, since the scheduling has been so erratic.

Again, maybe Disney has learned its lesson.

I'm more saying that the show is still doing well on Disney XD despite it's shitty schedule. Though i do wonder sometimes how high the ratings would be now though if it was still on the main Disney Channel and a more regular schedule. Then again the schedule was just as erratic during season 1 when it was on Disney. But yeah I do hope that they are starting a more a regular schedule now. Knowing Disney though i'm sure they'll find a way to stretch season 2 out even more heh.
Still feels crazy to think we've had only four new episodes so far this year and Steven Universe has had 32 new episodes.

Speaking of Penn Zero, I noticed on the upcoming schedule that they'll be having three new episodes for three days straight. Like the "bombs" that CN did for their shows. Maybe they'll do something like that for all their shows in the future.

Lots of goodies tonight!

1. That
strider
meme
2. Back from
no Wendy to one smartassed liner an episode...sigh
. I also take it
she hasn't been introduced to Ford yet either...
3. Speaking of, it seems like
she's never at these social town events for some reason (even Robbie and the other teens were...)
4. So,
Gideon knows about the Bill Cipher wheel, huh? Pretty sure that wasn't the way he summoned him before...
Gideon
was right if you think about it; the twins
are getting kinda "eviler"
6. So, Stan
killed a llama
...interesting...

Also, new episode ready for Sept. 7th. From the trailer, I take it that the
girls of GF hunt for the alleged unicorn while Dipper goes deeper into Ford's research...
. Will post link ASAP!

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjSSyRy9k

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was a great episode. Cool to see Gideon back
and he's preparing to summon Bill Cipher again. Shiiiit

That Boromir meme reference was gold.
Even with all of Stan's good intentions, it's nice to remember he's still a terrible terrible person.

That was a great episode. Cool to see Gideon back
and he's preparing to summon Bill Cipher again. Shiiiit

That Boromir meme reference was gold.
Even with all of Stan's good intentions, it's nice to remember he's still a terrible terrible person.

Ehh...there's a big difference between fucked up and terrible. I think we'll see the thin line between the two later on

KHlover

Banned
Lots of goodies tonight!

Gideon
was right if you think about it; the twins
are getting kinda "eviler"

girls of GF hunt for the alleged unicorn while Dipper goes deeper into Ford's research...
. Will post link ASAP!

Yuup. Dipper and Mabel are not fucking around this season. Remember kids: Assaulting a Federal Officer is a federal crime and if committed with a deadly weapon (like a car) can be punished by up to 20 years in Prison.

They (and Manly Dan) would share a cell with Gideon and Grunkle Stan right now if Ford hadn't wiped the feds' minds.

Hamlet

Great episode as usual and
quite the tease at the end.
Loved all of the crimes listed that Stan did haha. "Pug Trafficking"
Always nice to have Gideon back and his possession of his dad got pretty dark. Those screams from poor Bud.
I dunno about that Tad Strange though heh.

Great episode as usual and
quite the tease at the end.
Loved all of the crimes listed that Stan did haha. "Pug Trafficking"
Always nice to have Gideon back and his possession of his dad got pretty dark. Those screams from poor Bud.
I dunno about that Tad Strange though heh.

Is it bad that through half of the episode, I can hear Hank Hill in the back of my mind, going "Shut up, Bill!" ?

UberTag

2. Back from
no Wendy to one smartassed liner an episode...sigh
. I also take it
she hasn't been introduced to Ford yet either...
3. Speaking of, it seems like
she's never at these social town events for some reason (even Robbie and the other teens were...)

. Will post link ASAP!

At least you'll get more of a Wendy fix in two weeks... right?

This was a good episode with a lot of on point humor. The show definitely seems to be edging towards a finale involving Bill. Stanford definitely seems to be pushing Dipper and Mabel in turn towards more and more darker actions as well which may end dramatically considering how both Stans ended up fighting 30 years ago. It's also nice to see Gideon continue to be an antagonist in really demented ways.

Sou Da

Gideon messed up the wheel since he was doing it from memory.
Wonder what that will effect
The wedding dress was made from the 'wife'pillow, ooooh the implications

I actually wasn't too big a fan of this episode; I just found it OK. The ending was pretty good, though, and it will be interesting if they go somewhere with Dipper becoming "more evil".

First thing that came to mind was Venture Bros. They even referenced it as a power tie.

IMHO, VB is the only show that can go toe to toe quality wise with GF, so I wasn't surprised...

Anyways, new snyposis get:

The Last Mabelcorn - September 7th - 8:30 PM ET
A new threat leads Mabel to venture into the enchanted realm of the unicorns. Meanwhile, Dipper learns an unexpected twist about the enigmatic Bill Cipher.

Roadside Attraction - September 21 - 8:00 PM ET
Grunkle Stan takes the kids with him on a road-trip to sabotage all the other tourist traps in Oregon.
*Chelsea Peretti (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”) guest stars as Darlene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom