• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Falls S2 |OT| Mysteries, tall gingers & endless sweaters (series finale 2/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alex and Justin also worked on Fish Hooks, which was a Disney cartoon. Though the less said about that the better...

Hamlet

New episode announced!!! (Via Disney PR)

Monday, November 23
Original Series - Episode Premiere
Gravity Falls "Weirdmageddon 2: Escape From Reality"
(8:00 PM - 8:30 PM ET/PT)
Dipper, Soos and Wendy must save Mabel from a strange new world, while Bill's forces plan their next move.
TV-Y7

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...November-2015-Programming-Highlights-20151029
Dang. Really hope they actually finish off the season this year.

I do wonder why Alex went to Disney when just about everyone else from flapjack stayed at CN.
He talks a little bit about it here at the 64th min mark

RK128

Some stuff definitely annoys Alex but I don't think it's as huge as some people suspect. He said in a podcast this week that he gets annoyed with some subdivisions but gets along great with others. He get into arguments with the censors, he gets annoyed at the group in charge of scheduling the episodes, and he's disappointed that the show will probably never get full season releases on DVD or Blu-ray. However, he's happy with the way the production division has treated his show and gets along well with them.

Thank you for sharing this with us :D!

Great to hear that while it is annoying sometimes, he is still on good terms with Disney. Makes me more hopeful of seeing a Gravity Falls Movie at some point :).

dity

They should do a Gravity Falls webisode thing or something. I reckon it'd do great as an online show since they're having such trouble with scheduling and getting certain content greenlit.

Hamlet

They should do a Gravity Falls webisode thing or something. I reckon it'd do great as an online show since they're having such trouble with scheduling and getting certain content greenlit.

They already sorta did with some shorts between season 1 and 2 which made the long break a little better, but yeah more shorts would be pretty nice. The whole scheduling issue is even more annoying considering they apparently wrapped up production on season 2 way back in April.

tkscz

New episode announced!!! (Via Disney PR)

Monday, November 23
Original Series - Episode Premiere
Gravity Falls "Weirdmageddon 2: Escape From Reality"
(8:00 PM - 8:30 PM ET/PT)
Dipper, Soos and Wendy must save Mabel from a strange new world, while Bill's forces plan their next move.
TV-Y7

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...November-2015-Programming-Highlights-20151029

... I can't with you Disney. Is there a reason the next episode is a full month away?

Nightbird

... I can't with you Disney. Is there a reason the next episode is a full month away?

giphy.gif

nope

Jintor

Man, the reason I dropped this show in the first place was disney's atrocious release schedule... how long's the wait for the finale episodes?

dity

Man, the reason I dropped this show in the first place was disney's atrocious release schedule... how long's the wait for the finale episodes?
Part 2 of the finale is the 23rd, Part 3 (if there's going to be one lmao) is ???.

RK128

Part 2 of the finale is the 23rd, Part 3 (if there's going to be one lmao) is ???.

Its likely going to come out sometime in December (my bet....somewhere between Dec. 7th-Dec 14th); comes out sooner than part 2 did (1 less week to wait) but still long enough to fit within Disney's odd scheduling.

Honestly, with the episodes being so out of wack in terms of air dates, might consider re-watching the entire series before part 3 lands (as I'm assuming that is the final episode of the series/season).

dity

Its likely going to come out sometime in December (my bet....somewhere between Dec. 7th-Dec 14th); comes out sooner than part 2 did (1 less week to wait) but still long enough to fit within Disney's odd scheduling.

Honestly, with the episodes being so out of wack in terms of air dates, might consider re-watching the entire series before part 3 lands (as I'm assuming that is the final episode of the series/season).

I think I'll probably marathon the series before the finale myself, just to remember everything that might possibly be referenced/resolved.

RK128

I think I'll probably marathon the series before the finale myself, just to remember everything that might possibly be referenced/resolved.

A lot happened during the shows run and I don't want to get confused :). I missed a small handful of episodes as well (The Last Mablecorn for example), so its best to catch up before the end honestly :D!

The show is fantastic and one of the best Disney TV Animation has put out in a while, though they haven't been bad for a while either :D.
-Motorcity was great
-Tron Uprising was good/great
-Kickbuttowski was one I really liked
-Wonder Over Yonder really mixes Spongebob and Space Adventures perfectly
-Star Vs. The Forces of Evil is really funny XD!

I hope that a GF's movie happens and that the series ends perfectly :).

dity

Wander Over Yonder and Star Vs are definitely my two other fav Disney XD shows running right now outside of Gravity Falls. At least Wander is getting new episodes right now.

RK128

Wander Over Yonder and Star Vs are definitely my two other fav Disney XD shows running right now outside of Gravity Falls. At least Wander is getting new episodes right now.

Some of the newer episodes of Wander are really funny XD! Love how he caused ALL the villains he fought/faced over the series come to one place, just to make Hater fall for Dominater; such a fun episode that was :').

Is Star Vs getting another season? I mean, the first one recently ended and I'm not sure if its coming back or not..... Hope so, as I really liked the show :).

dity

Some of the newer episodes of Wander are really funny XD! Love how he caused ALL the villains he fought/faced over the series come to one place, just to make Hater fall for Dominater; such a fun episode that was :').

Is Star Vs getting another season? I mean, the first one recently ended and I'm not sure if its coming back or not..... Hope so, as I really liked the show :).

"LADDYYY! ITS A... LADYYY!!" I love Lord Hater, he's adorable.

I really hope Star Vs gets another season, it's getting really good, the way season 1 ended was really unexpected considering how lighthearted the show was before. Now there's a goal and a purpose rather than it just being some random adventures.

RK128

"LADDYYY! ITS A... LADYYY!!" I love Lord Hater, he's adorable.

I really hope Star Vs gets another season, it's getting really good, the way season 1 ended was really unexpected considering how lighthearted the show was before. Now there's a goal and a purpose rather than it just being some random adventures.

The credits ending with Peppers just thinking 'Great...now I have to deal with this?" was gold :').

I think Star Vs will get another season (because why end it on the note it ended on? They had to go in a darker direction for a reason.....) and it will replace Gravity Falls when that ends. Would be surprised after the finale releases (sometime this Dec. or Jan; not part 3 of the Wierdmageden), they announce a new season of Star Vs. and Wonder over Yonder (if that didn't get confirmation of another season).

Both shows (alongside Disney XD airing Yo-Kai Watch and their take on SW: Clone Wars with SW: Rebels) are going to fill the gap of losing Gravity Falls, so it makes since to make more seasons of them.

Hamlet

It got renewed for a second season before the first season even officially started. So hopefully the wait for season 2 won't be too long.

dity

The credits ending with Peppers just thinking 'Great...now I have to deal with this?" was gold :').

I think Star Vs will get another season (because why end it on the note it ended on? They had to go in a darker direction for a reason.....) and it will replace Gravity Falls when that ends. Would be surprised after the finale releases (sometime this Dec. or Jan; not part 3 of the Wierdmageden), they announce a new season of Star Vs. and Wonder over Yonder (if that didn't get confirmation of another season).

Both shows (alongside Disney XD airing Yo-Kai Watch and their take on SW: Clone Wars with SW: Rebels) are going to fill the gap of losing Gravity Falls, so it makes since to make more seasons of them.

"COMMAND PEEPERS... AND SYLVIA?" I laughed at that. The show's so funny.

Star Vs becoming the new GF would be great. I'd super support that.

It got renewed for a second season before the first season even officially started. So hopefully the wait for season 2 won't be too long.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It's been so long that that just left my mind.

RK128

Thank you for the heads up :D! Really like the show, so its nice knowing that another line of episodes are coming :).

No wonder S1 ended the way it did; it wanted to set up the context for where the show will be going in S2. Still funny and lighthearted but having more serious moments and an focused goal for both Star and Marco to complete. Plus S1 set up a lot of characters and there still is room for them to grow (the princesses freed from the prison/boarding school, Star's ex-Devil boyfriend getting revenge or fighting Marco, more foes to fight, ect).

Looking forward to S2, so thanks for letting us know that Hamlet :D!

RK128

"COMMAND PEEPERS... AND SYLVIA?" I laughed at that. The show's so funny.

Star Vs becoming the new GF would be great. I'd super support that.

One thing I love about Yander is the animation; it looks so smooth and natural plus the expressions everyone has are utter gold.

Peepers having just an eye, you would think he has little expressions to work with....nope, he has ALOT of expressions and animation, making him really funny :').

Wonder, Sylvia, and Lord Hater all are priceless too; the voice work on all the characters works so well with each personality. Wonder particularly has great voice work with it matching the animation so well.

Going back to Star Vs, I could easily see it becoming the new GF's of Disney XD; Star mirrors Mable in her personality in a few ways, the show mixes serious and comedic elements (with S2 doing that more), and the characters do have depth.

dity

Is there an OT for Star Vs or Wander?

One thing I love about Yander is the animation; it looks so smooth and natural plus the expressions everyone has are utter gold.

Peepers having just an eye, you would think he has little expressions to work with....nope, he has ALOT of expressions and animation, making him really funny :').

Wonder, Sylvia, and Lord Hater all are priceless too; the voice work on all the characters works so well with each personality. Wonder particularly has great voice work with it matching the animation so well.

Going back to Star Vs, I could easily see it becoming the new GF's of Disney XD; Star mirrors Mable in her personality in a few ways, the show mixes serious and comedic elements (with S2 doing that more), and the characters do have depth.

Yeah, all the characters are soooo good. Wander sticks out most to me, his voice actor Jack McBrayer is really talented. I got into Wander after finishing 30 Rock, where Jack plays Kenneth - Kenneth and Wander are basically the same kind of character.

A lot happened during the shows run and I don't want to get confused :). I missed a small handful of episodes as well (The Last Mablecorn for example), so its best to catch up before the end honestly :D!

The show is fantastic and one of the best Disney TV Animation has put out in a while, though they haven't been bad for a while either :D.
-Motorcity was great
-Tron Uprising was good/great
-Kickbuttowski was one I really liked
-Wonder Over Yonder really mixes Spongebob and Space Adventures perfectly
-Star Vs. The Forces of Evil is really funny XD!

I hope that a GF's movie happens and that the series ends perfectly :).

I'd add Penn Zero to that list. It's definitely the runt of the recent Disney Animation litter, but it's such a fun concept (think Reboot meets Quantum Leap) and it's got a great voice cast.

Also Season 2 of Wander has been stellar. If I wasn't so busy with work I'd make a S2 OT.

Jintor

up to date

the rush has really gone off the rails :< the episodes are still amazing but it's like a stone just started dropping the moment ford entered the picture (I know, I'm regurgitating old words)

eU0ogiL.png

well i guess that explains why time baby got chunked in one blast.

Jintor

I'm watching some panels and Alex is going through some behind the scenes stuff and showing art for S2 in a 2014 film fest panel. We've seen most of the locations but...

one background picture of some kind of... warehouse. Red doors, green lighting, road signage on the floor, blue computer monitor, looks like toppled drums. "A place very very far from the Mystery Shack... that's all I can tell you." I can't recall seeing it before... maybe during a Tale of Two Stans? There's also a picture out of a snowy motel window but I think that's from Stan's grifter life.

A friend of mine on Facebook shared a link the other day "confirming" Season 3 for March 2016 and that there would be an official Rick and Morty crossover.

The site was really fishy. It's called Ischoolguide, it was swarming with ads, and the picture they show that's supposed to show the cast and crew are of Phineas and Ferb's. And they list moviepilot.come as the source, even though the link is just a recap of the latest episode.

Just a heads up in case anyone else comes across it. Got excited at first, but now I'm sad it's clearly fake.

Well, I mean, the idea that a Disney show would officially cross over with a TV-MA cartoon from a rival company is a dead giveaway. The one crossover the shows had was a coffee mug going in a portal in one show and coming out a portal in the background of the other.

RK128

A friend of mine on Facebook shared a link the other day "confirming" Season 3 for March 2016 and that there would be an official Rick and Morty crossover.

The site was really fishy. It's called Ischoolguide, it was swarming with ads, and the picture they show that's supposed to show the cast and crew are of Phineas and Ferb's. And they list moviepilot.come as the source, even though the link is just a recap of the latest episode.

Just a heads up in case anyone else comes across it. Got excited at first, but now I'm sad it's clearly fake.

Sorry you got upset :(. I guess people want S3 of Gravity Falls to happen so badly, that they are making up rumors to build up false excitement :l.

I hope we get a S3 but I would be perfectly content with the show ending with S2; it seems like its going to go out with a bang and neatly wrap up everything. What more could you ask from a show :)?

Fuckin' LOL. Moviepilot is quite possibly the worst, least credible nerd rumor "news" fansite in existence, and lord knows there's no shortage of competition for that title.

Finally got caught up, really wishing I hadn't so I wasn't itching hard for it to be the 23rd.

Soos remains probably my favorite character. "I've been wandering the wasteland helping people, I think there are folk songs about me now?"

I feel like Wendy is a little under utilized. She's usually pretty awesome when she's in the show, so I'd like to see more of her going forward.

gaaaah, I don't want to have to wait!

UberTag

Finally got caught up, really wishing I hadn't so I wasn't itching hard for it to be the 23rd.

Soos remains probably my favorite character. "I've been wandering the wasteland helping people, I think there are folk songs about me now?"

I feel like Wendy is a little under utilized. She's usually pretty awesome when she's in the show, so I'd like to see more of her going forward.

gaaaah, I don't want to have to wait!
More of Wendy going forward? The show's ending, dude. This is it. Bill gets defeated. Summer ends. Dipper and Mabel return home. The end.

Raxus

More of Wendy going forward? The show's ending, dude. This is it. Bill gets defeated. Summer ends. Dipper and Mabel return home. The end.

We will get plenty of Wendy next episode. It is nice she is playing such a key role in the finale.

RK128

Just caught up on the last three episodes... Where's Stan?

Due to plot-lines of a potential S3 being thrown into the final half of S2 (To end the show faster? Make the plot more streamlined?), it lead to Ford's inclusion over-taking Stan's role in the show for a bit, leading to Stan having less screen time then he normally has.

This will likely be fixed in the next two parts of the three-part finale, but it is sadly glaring :(.

UberTag

That's the greatest mystery of them all.
I hope he's scamming the townsfolk out of doomsday insurance and selling them magical charms to ward off Bob's absurd magical powers (charms which, of course, do nothing). I'd be disappointed in Stan if he wasn't working the rubes even now.

RK128

That is really stupid :l. Its airing two weeks away from now, so why bother with advertising for part 2 when its so far away?

Its not like CN pushing the Adventure Time Side-Series 'Stakes'; they put out five new episodes of AT throughout last week, so it makes since they took a week break to focus on other shows (We Bare Bears, Wabbit, Regular Show, ect).

Disney aired Part 1 weeks ago....so its really annoying that they are pushing the ads for part 2 now. They should be doing that next week or something :l.

Can't wait for Part 3 to air in December!

Blues1990

Disney aired Part 1 weeks ago....so its really annoying that they are pushing the ads for part 2 now. They should be doing that next week or something :l.

Can't wait for Part 3 to air in December!
At the rate they are going, the last episode is coming out in December, alright. December 31st, 2018. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom