• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

PaulloDEC

Around 9 hours in now.

It's Gravity Rush alright. Lovely to look at, great sound, endearing characters, interesting environments. Combat is as loose as ever, resulting in crazy and chaotic skirmishes that are sometimes exhilarating, sometimes frustrating and always disorienting.

It's absolutely the same scrappy, clumsy diamond-in-the-rough I fell in love with on the Vita.

Dunan

I live in Japan but debated buying this in English and waiting for it to reach me; after reading these horror stories, I'm glad I just bought it in Japanese. Spent the extra shekels for the 2-disc set with the anime DVD and downloadable goods; loving it!

Skrams

Man they really nerfed how you collect gems. Not only are there less gems in the hub areas, but side quests don't give you gems and challenges barely give you anything.

How so? I've only really explored the first main area of the 4 accessible on the map and I've gotten plenty of gems for a ton of upgrades. If I explore the other 3 main areas I'm sure it would get me tons of gems too. I think I've found at least 25k or so through just flying around for a few hours getting gems.

My main problem is that the pop in for gems isn't good enough since you have to be pretty close for a game where you can fly anywhere to be able to see them.

It's a cool idea, but the hints are really bad. Like really, really bad.
"Near the bottom of the building away from the centre" is not a helpful hint at all to find a wall painting in all of Jirga Para Lhao.
That and the trophies for maxing out Kat's stats and "Pull off X move" are all I've got left for the platinum and at this point I think I'll just wait for a guide to list all the locations.

Bummer to hear. I'm having trouble understanding for the Men and Women's Collection what certain parts of towns are named. I can only seem to find the names through manholes and such. I'm not sure what exactly a Central Port "Marino Portolhao" or whatever is or where it is. The people are at least easier currently since they stand out a bit more with unique animations or unique locations.

I'm kind of surprised how many little unique animations there are even for NPCs. You can find some kids dancing or drinking a soda, a guy with flowers, some guy cleaning, vendors, a little kid eating a meat stick, balloon boys, and all that kind of stuff. It's kinda nuts. It really feels lively and also makes for great photo dressing.

so I just did a side mission near the beginning delivering newspapers and I was cackling the entire time, I was having such a blast. I don't remember the last time I played a game with such pure, honest, good-hearted fun.

Also I don't remember if the original had first person in it, but BOY is it great

jwk94

How so? I've only really explored the first main area of the 4 accessible on the map and I've gotten plenty of gems for a ton of upgrades. If I explore the other 3 main areas I'm sure it would get me tons of gems too. I think I've found at least 25k or so through just flying around for a few hours getting gems.

My main problem is that the pop in for gems isn't good enough since you have to be pretty close for a game where you can fly anywhere to be able to see them.
In the first game, it was so easy to find all kinds of gems. Challenges also gave you a ton of gems too. They really thought about the distribution because despite this large influx of gems, you still have to think about upgrades and you're never too powerful. Hell, the challenges were stupid hard to gold unless you were keeping up with your upgrades. Here, it's a walk in the park.

Oh man, this talisman is OP. I pretty much just started the game too...
This is my first talisman with multiple effects. Are they all random?

There are several with multiple effects. Challenge missions gives one when you beat them with the gold score, for example. You get a few too on sidequests.

LotusHD

Banned
Why does this game start so freaking slow? Jesus. 2 hours of dingy dirt poo.

The goal is to make sure you know how to play the game, and also to help you bond with the people of Banga. Can't be starting the game with guns blazing. A slow start is just fine imo, considering the game is pretty length anyhow.

so I just did a side mission near the beginning delivering newspapers and I was cackling the entire time, I was having such a blast. I don't remember the last time I played a game with such pure, honest, good-hearted fun.

Also I don't remember if the original had first person in it, but BOY is it great

Lol exactly. I saw the reviews complaining about some of the quests/sidequests having you do mundane shit, but I don't mind that at all. This series just has a way of generally making such quests so much fun and joyful, rather than a slog.

Papu_Kweh

Man, still on Episode 5 collecting gems and searching the collection photos on Jirga Para Lhao, this city is just so damn big!

Scaring the npcs, taking pics and just flying around is a real joy

But how the hell am I supposed to find the [Men's Profile]
old man about to fall from a wall
? It's just such a vague hint...

EDIT: Nvm found it, what a random place lol

Any thoughts on this from the AV Club review?
It’s only appropriate, then, that after the vaulting accomplishment of Jirga Para Lhao, an immediate entrant to the canon of great video game cities, the game itself crashes to earth. Did I seriously think there were going to be multiple cities of such invention and scale? No, at the beginning of Chapter 3, you wake up in… Hekseville, the setting of 2012’s Gravity Rush. It’s been given a facelift, with a vaguely dystopian totalitarian regime moving in, and its cobblestone Victorian streets are drawn with more elaborate texture and detail. But it is still only Hekseville, a city that felt rich when explored through the PlayStation Vita’s 5-inch screen but feels, after the limitless sprawl and invention of Jirga Para Lhao, constrictive and retrograde here. Had the blue skies and seafood bazaars and fathomless smoggy seas of Jirga Para Lhao all been a dream? It is a separate dimension in Chapter 3, walled off and unreachable.

schaft0620

I think, calling it Gravity Rush 2 was a big mistake. I feel like it's going to turn people off who didn't play the first one. They could have pulled a Jet Set/Grind Radio and called it Gravity Daze in the US. This game is phenomenal.

Hopefully Gravity Rush will be a PS+ game in 2 weeks.

LotusHD

Banned
I think, calling it Gravity Rush 2 was a big mistake. I feel like it's going to turn people off who didn't play the first one. They could have pulled a Jet Set/Grind Radio and called it Gravity Daze in the US. This game is phenomenal.

Hopefully Gravity Rush will be a PS+ game in 2 weeks.

They didn't do it for December. Or January. Hell, they couldn't make it part of the Flash Sale that's going on today. So sure, they may do it later, but it's weird that they didn't do it sooner...

cheesekao

If you're that hesitant then I advise you to watch some playthroughs and skip around a bit to get a feel of what the environments will be like. We already know that the cities from the original game will be in so that's not really a surprise.

Finally got my copy in. I think I'm close to the end of the slow part, but I stopped for tonight. When people called the intro slow, they definitely meant slooow.

No HDR support is a bummer. :(

Wagram

This game has so few jaggies. Is that the Pro or a testament to their work?

Also, call me crazy, but the stealth missions have been among my favorite side quests so far.

Strings

This is a pretty huge fucking spoiler >.< I've already done this bit, but it kind of ruins it for people who haven't. Keep in mind chapter 3 is episode 13, so it's not an early game thing at all.

This game has so few jaggies. Is that the Pro or a testament to their work?

All geometry rendered at 4k on the Pro. It looks pretty stupendous on my 1080p TV downsampled.

Rainy

Banned
About an hour and 10 minutes into the game. Man having just finished remaster it's readily apparent how much smoother this game feels in comparison. It's like night and day to me.

ShadiWulf

Amazon completely screwed up my order. It said it was going to arrive today, but it never did, so I contacted support to see if they had any further info and they said it hadn't even been shipped out of their warehouse yet and couldn't give me a date of when to expect the game to be delivered.

Makes me sad was looking forward to playing this game tonight. Oh well, one of my local bestbuy said it had "fewer then 3" copies in stock, So i placed an order for in store pickup to grab tomorrow morning. I guess if I have really bad luck, can always buy the game digitally. I still got the pre-order content (redeemed it earlier thinking i'd be playing the game tonight) so i guess that's cool at least. Just sucks losing that nice prime discount, but the extra cost is worth it for playing Gravity Rush this weekend. i cant wait!

Kindekuma

Banned
Cecie is so sweet it melts my heart.

778.jpg

Wagram

One thing i'm missing so far is the rift planes from the first title. Those were always my favorite part. Hopefully they're still in, but take time to reach.

chrono01

Amazon completely screwed up my order. It said it was going to arrive today, but it never did, so I contacted support to see if they had any further info and they said it hadn't even been shipped out of their warehouse yet and couldn't give me a date of when to expect the game to be delivered.
You and everyone else in Canada. :(

How did they make the Gravity Shifting feel even better? Like even better than the demo.

How did they make this art style so damn good. It's like I'm playing the concept art.

How how how how is this game real if my eyes aren't real

iyLypsw.gif

Karu

So side mission only give stuff like photo items? They are fun and I will do all of them, but that is a bit disappointing. Need ma gems. :p

Top Bottom