• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Just got to episode 2. I flipped it to Hard mode almost right off the bat but the last fight right before episode 2 I had to flip it back before I could clear it.

Baalzebup

Has anyone found a warp point on the left side of Jirga Para Lhao where there are a ton of small Islands? I can't find a single one and it's bugging the crap out of me. Sharing a map would probably be the best idea (spoiler tag it)
EDIT: just found one on the bottom left corner by the start of a side mission ;__;
there is one, i can't do the map yet, but i think it was in the south west area. there's a side quest near that unlocks early-ish on.
Skyscrapers'n shit, a loooot of verticality? There are two Warp points in that part of the town. The other one is pretty much right smack in the middle of it, kind of middle height too. A quite posh looking building, like a fancy hotel. The hole is in front of its front door.
Not the greatest example but it was the easiest to clip. I love the stasis field in this game. It flows so well in combat here, where it felt like such a nuisance in the first game.
Honestly, Stasis Field is broken good VS the squishy mortals. Kat could murder a whole army in a matter of minutes.

Hedgey

giphy.gif

Not the greatest example but it was the easiest to clip. I love the stasis field in this game. It flows so well in combat here, where it felt like such a nuisance in the first game.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Side mission spoilers
I love how you can see a commercial for Battle Nurse on the TVs and it clearly shows a silhouette of Kat in her nurse outfit.

giphy.gif

The only thing better than throwing these fools to their deaths is throwing them at the weakpoints of the mechs that spawn alongside them :p

Skrams

Yep, combat has very much changed from Gravity Kick + Square to now mash that Circle. Do I have a problem with that? Not really because oh boy it feels so good. It's a good fucking feeling of being that OP when soldiers spawn you can just hit Circle. Prostrats.

LotusHD

Banned
Anyway, minor spoiler for not that far in:
I'm kinda confused on how seriously they want me to take these class issue themes when one of the elites says something as goofy as "Exactly, darling. I've raised such a wonderfully discriminating girl." It's a funny line, but the game feels like it's zapping between being serious with the slums below and being facetious with the rich folk.

Lol, it reminds me of One Piece in a sense.

Kat is a very effective protagonist. She's just a joy to be around. I'd wanna be her friend IRL.

Yeah. Quickly from the early parts of the first game she just naturally became so damned likable, and it was mostly unforced just came from her reactions and attitude.

This is exactly it. For all her powers, she's pretty damn normal, to the point where you often forget that she's amnesiac. And of course, she's just a delight to be around. I also love how despite her essentially being a doormat due to her inexplicable need to help out virtually everyone, she still has a bunch of internal snark wondering why she does the things she does, or recognizing that the people she meets are very odd.

Completely agree. Also, that's a really good point and you don't really expect it going in, it's a great touch that we see/hear her internal thoughts/reactions.

Off-topic: I also liked that with Velvet in the Berseria demo.

also made this

P2iBGjs.gif

Excellent :)

Really enjoying how much smoother and more frantic this game plays compared to its predecessor.

Switching between throwing debris/boxes/guns/people/etc at enemies and using all the other cool powers is really helped by the new enemy types and how many are on screen at once.

It looks better, plays better, sounds better, reads better - it's just so much better.

leng jai

Anyone feel like the editing is sloppy? It feels like half the cuts are abrupt and there's not enough transitioning time between cutscenes/dialogue sections/gameplay.

Combat is so much better here. Everything is faster, your different attacks flow together more smoothly, and throwing stuff is actually effective

Game arrived at least, not at home to put in my ps4 until tomorrow evening though, woe is me. Probably won't get to play it until next weekend.

People are talking about a white kat dlc for preordering- didn't realise it was a thing. Have I missed out for preordered the game with tesco (UK)?

Caim

Anyone meet rare Navi? 25 hours in, haven't found one. Only occur in mining dungeon?

I've two notifications about it and have also encountered a poison version of the normal ground type Nevi, it had a lot of health, and gave me a nice Talisman too.

Stasis field is so overwhelmingly improved. Im using it constantly because of the immediate level of havoc it creates.

Cant wait to see what jupiter has in store for it.

Number45

Asked this last night, but is there a reason to up the difficulty? Don't want to look at the trophy list for fear of spoilers.

I completed the original on Vita and got the platinum on PS4 so I'm comfortable with the way that the game works.

leng jai

Asked this last night, but is there a reason to up the difficulty? Don't want to look at the trophy list for fear of spoilers.

I completed the original on Vita and got the platinum on PS4 so I'm comfortable with the way that the game works.

No trophy for hard mode.

silva1991

Is the game glitched on me? very late game spoilers:
the stone is telling me to beat all enemies and beware of mutations. I killed everything including the thing that makes virus nevis or whatever, but there is still one enemy I can't hit or even lock on to i
t. Am I missing something or the game is glitched?

edit: yeah it was a glitch. Reloaded and it worked fine.

Top Bottom