• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

mollipen

Gravity Slide question: is the camera required to be non-inverted? I have inverted camera controls for the main game, and trying to adjust on the fly when sliding was pure torture. I'm sure most players found that slide down that giant beanstalk early in the game to be thrilling; for me it was a long, arduous, non-sliding, Nevi-avoiding walk because sliding was just too hard. Will the game make us slide again or is that only in optional events?

I always invert my camera, and I can't ever remember having any problem like that.

Servbot24

Banned
loving this so far! had to take a little fan art break :D

tumblr_ok5w0mgbPc1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

Did you got the game digitally by the way, since amazon.ca has screwed up us all over again?

I ended up getting the game physically at a local Best Buy, and Amazon.ca is giving me the game free, + 1 month of Prime and a $30 Promo Credit for the trouble they, their staff, & their system caused. (Probably due to the fact that no less than 4 reps said there wouldn't be an issue?)

I'll see how NieR Automata's release day shipping goes before I think of giving up my discounts on there and canceling, however. (I'm up to 60-90% off the 3 games due to promo credits, partial refunds, gift cards and prime combined.)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I went full oldschool in the Short Shorts army paper delivery challenge and did almost all of it, by throwing and using sliding for just the first part. Should be easy tokens for y'all.

I ended up getting the game physically at a local Best Buy, and Amazon.ca is giving me the game free, + 1 month of Prime and a $30 Promo Credit for the trouble they, their staff, & their system caused. (Probably due to the fact that no less than 4 reps said there wouldn't be an issue?)

I'll see how NieR Automata's release day shipping goes before I think of giving up my discounts on there and canceling, however. (I'm up to 60-90% off the 3 games due to promo credits, partial refunds, gift cards and prime combined.)

Wow, I only got a 5$ Discount on my next purchase... You know how to be persuasive lol

Drewfonse

Well, this thread got me to buy the game on PSN. I liked the demo, my first introduction to the series.

Quick question:I'll probably do some side stuff, but if I just stuck to main missions, how long do you think the game would be? Ballpark. Thanks.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So uh- just got 5 or so Challenge Results back- win or lose, I got 0 dusty coins. Is there a daily cap?

I think that you get only get coins from a person, on the same challenge once. T_T

This is getting worse by the minute. Shorts...will never happen.

wapplew

Well, this thread got me to buy the game on PSN. I liked the demo, my first introduction to the series.

Quick question:I'll probably do some side stuff, but if I just stuck to main missions, how long do you think the game would be? Ballpark. Thanks.

18-20 hours more or less, depend on how much you get distracted by shinny red gems.

Dunan

i almost never change the camera vertically, just horizontally while gravity sliding

Right; it's the abrupt change of using the right stick to steer horizontally, with the opposite orientation from what I'm used to, that's so tough. I might just switch the camera to non-inverted and play in first person all the time.

Also, anyone know how to gently put down something you have grabbed? I once carried an innocent person to another island by mistake because I didn't want to just toss him into the air at top speed. (Yes, I know; people you toss overboard come back where they belong just like Kat does when she goes "out of bounds", at least in GR1. But nobody deserves to be flung through the air like this!)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Whoa I think Hedgey is right. I've been winning new challenges that are paying 0 tokens. I think that there truly might be a limit. Which would be very, very....stupid Sony sorry. But damn.

Alucrid

Banned
Right; it's the abrupt change of using the right stick to steer horizontally, with the opposite orientation from what I'm used to, that's so tough. I might just switch the camera to non-inverted and play in first person all the time.

Also, anyone know how to gently put down something you have grabbed? I once carried an innocent person to another island by mistake because I didn't want to just toss him into the air at top speed. (Yes, I know; people you toss overboard come back where they belong just like Kat does when she goes "out of bounds", at least in GR1. But nobody deserves to be flung through the air like this!)

the right stick doesn't actually steer you during gravity slides, it's all the left stick.

Blindy

So far so good with this game but my question pertains to the mining boat, what is the point of this besides to accumulate ore to get power ups? I killed off all the enemies in the Mining Site No. 0 and there was no reward to it, is there something I am missing with these missions? No Talisman's awarded either.

So far so good with this game but my question pertains to the mining boat, what is the point of this besides to accumulate ore to get power ups? I killed off all the enemies in the Mining Site No. 0 and there was no reward to it, is there something I am missing with these missions? No Talisman's awarded either.

Gems and Talismans from the eggs you can break, plus special Talismans anytime you beat one of the "strange activity" beasts that pop up (you get announcements when they are seen in a mining area).

This is such a huge evolution over the first game. I kind of liked the first. Mainly for the art style and the traversal, but was ambivalent on everything else. Disliked the combat, the pacing, the missions, the story, the characters, etc.

GR2 improves on everything in every way IMO.

First couple of hours have been a tedious chore. I hope the game picks up.
Intentionally, thematically, and aesthetically

I'm kind of wondering about this too. Barely any ore to mine when I went to Mining Site No. 0, and nothing to do once I cleared the immediate area of enemies. Then I tried the Enchanted Area and got my ass kicked by a huge Nevi.

Besides that, the first few hours have been a lovely reintroduction to Kat and Dusty and it's so great to be back. About my only complaint is that I wish the motion controls worked while gravity sliding; the left stick feels way too sensitive and I'd love to have finer control.

wapplew

I suspect that's the only way to find rare Navi, maybe some main quest dungeon too.

Kindekuma

Banned
Attention! I've added a Google Doc link that anyone can edit in the OP. If you quote the first post in the OT, it'll be right at the top. For the extra lazy, I included the link in this post as well. ;)
I made it that way so non-forum members can't have access to it.

Enjoy!

ulPbwB3.png

McFadge

Sometimes you'll get a notification that strange gravity activity is happening in a mining zone, this spawns a boss Nevi (they've all been the same for me so far, and I've done 10+) which will drop a talisman when you defeat it (though I haven't received one on two occasions).

Non-story spoiler:
I've also seen warning of a gravity storm in a mining section. I found a tablet in the area which started some Trench event. I forget the exact name, but it's mentioned in the trophies. Basically each level of the Trench has a tablet to find which then gives you some objective, the ones I saw all regarded Nevi. You get talismans for completing these, but lose half your talismans and get kicked back to the mining boat if you die.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
So you get Dusty Tokens if you send out a challenge and someone beats you right? If I understand it correctly.

You get 5 tokens if they beat your challenge, you get 20 of they try it but don't beat it.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
So for Treasure Hunts if you have an obscure photo you can rack up 20 dusty coins?

For treasure hunts you only seem to get rewarded if the person who gets your photo finds the treasure.

Really enjoying this so far. The opening was a bit too basic in terms of mission design, butni get what they were going for. Once you get to the city tho...it's like the first game on steroids. Everything just looks and feels so good. I feel like I definitely could get tired of the glut of side missions though, but so far they've been charming and diverse enough to keep me engaged.

Top Bottom