• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

PaulloDEC

I can't wait until enough time has passed for us to openly share screens from later in the game. No spoilers, but there are some areas that straight-up look like surrealist paintings come to life.

McFadge

Any hints on the bearded man taking a break near the watering hole? This is the only collection photo I've had proper trouble with so far, feel I'm not looking in the right place.

Grisby

Soooo transitioning between each level of the cities has yet to not make my jaw drop.

Game is fun. Bit so so on the side missions but at least they're more involved than than GR1.
Heh, is it just me or is the draw distance for gems a lot lower than in Gravity Rush 1/Remaster? I feel like I have to be a lot closer for them to pop up on my screen.
Yeah, it seems worse.
I'm on Chapter 6. Recovered this kid's balloon. Now I can't stop taking photos with it. ITS MINE NOW YOU LITTLE SHIT.
I know right. Ain't getting that shit back till I'm done with it.

Blindy

The online photo hunt is so addictive lol I finished all of the assigned ones, I got myself a nice skewer and tongue out gesture and to go along with my Katwoman costume, it has been neat XD

How did those 3 costumes(Maid, Soldier, Katwoman) come to be? Reading last page indicates that they are preloaded if you played GR:Remastered on PS4? Awesome, even better news to have gotten that game Day 1.

Now if only Best Buy offered the White Costume pre order -_- Ah well I only had to pay a smudge over 50 dollars for a day one experience to what looks to be a great game. No complaints.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Major spoilers, don't read until you beat the game:
It bothers me that outside of mission 24 and the epilogue you can't play as Raven. She's got a full working moveset and it doesn't seem like there's any reason for you not to.
It would be great to just fly around the overworld and shit as her, not letting her be used in missions I can understand. I hope the Raven DLC includes freeroaming.

Milijango

Going straight from the Remaster to this it's really impressive how much they cleaned up the movement compared to the original.

I'm very glad you can now dodge out of the crash animation when you hit the ground too fast.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Any hints on the bearded man taking a break near the watering hole? This is the only collection photo I've had proper trouble with so far, feel I'm not looking in the right place.

He's not actually very "bearded" at all. He's near the top of that one large staircase.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Check and doubled checked. 331 Dusty Tokens. Got the News saying I unlocked the costume, But I cannot see it at all, in the costumes screen.

Jesus Christ what is this?

I got Gravity Rush 2 USA version (have yet to receive it) but I played the asian version of the first one. I assume the save will not be compatible because of the region diffference, is that correct or will it unlock the customers either way?

Kindekuma

Banned
I got Gravity Rush 2 USA version (have yet to receive it) but I played the asian version of the first one. I assume the save will not be compatible because of the region diffference, is that correct or will it unlock the customers either way?

You'll be just fine! A lot of us here, including myself have the Chinese + English import and we're all able to get the costumes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Reloaded my save, disconnected from PSN and reconnected. Now at 351 tokens and no Worker Costume. My fun is completely deflated.

Hedgey

Reloaded my save, disconnected from PSN and reconnected. Now at 351 tokens and no Worker Costume. My fun is completely deflated.

Maybe try doing an activity or the next story mission? I usually get an influx of notifications after doing something

Stiler

Err, I must be doing something wrong regarding flying because I can't turn like that at all....

I find myself in order to make sharp turns I have to stop (tap r1) and then angle it where I went to go and hit R1 again.

Am I missing something? Using hte left stick only allows for subtle turning/movement but not any kind of sharp turning or anything.

I really wish the controls were most customizable, I'd like to be able to use X in order to control gravity and the angle of it.

McFadge

He's not actually very "bearded" at all. He's near the top of that one large staircase.

Thanks, I'll check it out! Reminds me of the one of the lady feeding the pigeons on the roof; I swear it said "old lady", but she wasn't old at all. Could be misremembering, though.

Edit: Wow, got it. That's a pretty bad one I think. His actions don't suggest taking a break, and he's not really near any bars. I was expecting to find somebody slumped against a wall or asleep somewhere. Thanks for the help!

Hedgey

Err, I must be doing something wrong regarding flying because I can't turn like that at all....

I find myself in order to make sharp turns I have to stop (tap r1) and then angle it where I went to go and hit R1 again.

Am I missing something? Using hte left stick only allows for subtle turning/movement but not any kind of sharp turning or anything.

I really wish the controls were most customizable, I'd like to be able to use X in order to control gravity and the angle of it.

You'll likely find your groove. For sharp turning I press R1 in the middle of turning the camera to where I want to go with RS and LS, then press and hold X. It starts the quick drop right away. No need to press R1 twice mid-air.

How does one even redeem Dusty Tokens?

I've only finished Chapter 6, so maybe there's a menu that comes later?
It's hidden at the bottom of System>Statistics.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Have you unlocked any other costumes? There's one you acquire through the story which might kick it off.

I'm not feeling like doing that. I mean....my whole fun was to play and do stuff to unlock that costume, and help people do that...But what's the point? I've met the requirements and I've got nothing.

Love the fact that they added different jumps depending on if you have momentum the moment you touch the ground. Been messing around with it and having tons of fun. Wasn't even trying to do it here but I thought the backflip looked cool lol

uKLTJKF.gif

McFadge

How does one even redeem Dusty Tokens?

I've only finished Chapter 6, so maybe there's a menu that comes later?

You don't redeem them, they just accumulate as you perform online actions (winning challenges, receiving a "Nice!" for a photo you've submitted, rating somebody else's photo).

I'm not feeling like doing that. I mean....my whole fun was to play and do stuff to unlock that costume, and help people do that...But what's the point? I've met the requirements and I've got nothing.

It's possible they didn't expect people to grind them through received challenges before then? I can understand the annoyance though. It's a reasonably early mission, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Just T

『Inaba Resident』;228852153 said:
Love the fact that they added different jumps depending on if you have momentum the moment you touch the ground. Been messing around with it and having tons of fun. Wasn't even trying to do it here but I thought the backflip looked cool lol

uKLTJKF.gif
Lol it really does look cool.

Wagram

Jirga Para Lhao is definitely a very vibrant and interesting city, but Hekseville is tailor made for the gravity powers.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
One day.
Just keep playing the main game, they'll probably show up =P

Or the trigger to unlock the reward glitched, and it won't show up ever. I'm a completionist with OCD. I can't play this until I get the reward I am owed.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I keep reloading, disconnecting, doing challenges but...I think it's just glitched. My enjoyment of the game just went from 100 to 0. You don't understand OCD.

silva1991

uKLTJKF.gif

This game is gif factory.

uKLTJKF.gif
Nice little touch where she lands on the ground and quickly speeds off

LotusHD

Banned
I keep reloading, disconnecting, doing challenges but...I think it's just glitched. My enjoyment of the game just went from 100 to 0. You don't understand OCD.

Do you have a previous save file by chance?

Are you willing to try progressing with the main story for a bit? Or a sidequest?

That sucks, don't lose faith though maybe they'll show up when you unlock the next reward.

Also y'all got any more of them challenges?

Lol you sound addicted

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Do you have a previous save file by chance?

Are you willing to try progressing with the main story for a bit? Or a sidequest?

No other save file. I'll try progressing the main story, but after that, I'm done here. OCD is that strong. I really, really wanted that costume too and really got into it.

Top Bottom