• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

How do you like photos?

Go find a blue Kat around the game world when you're online. Hit square when you approach one to be given the option to like photos. A bit glitchy, sometimes I can't get them to load or it freezes in the "Transmitting" screen. You are shown random photos by random players. Photos don't have spoilers btw. You are unable to upload photos containing spoilers.

Go find a blue Kat around the game world when you're online. Hit square when you approach one to be given the option to like photos. A bit glitchy, sometimes I can't get them to load or it freezes in the "Transmitting" screen. You are shown random photos by random players. Photos don't have spoilers btw. You are unable to upload photos containing spoilers.
Thanks.

Stasis field is a game changer. Kat is like a flying machine gun.

It's especially OP against human enemies. Got an army after you? No problem! Just fling them thousands of miles to the ground! Or better yet, at the giant mechas! Really useful this time around, and it helps that the game lets you pick up more items than in 1.

Gotta ask, because it's killing me and I can't get the game right away, but does it wrap the plot up nicely? D:

It ends conclusively. Team Gravity also stated they didn't want to make anymore games after this.

I'd say so, yeah. There's only a couple of small details that I think were "missing", but I might be the one who missed them.

Also, I agree with whoever was talking about a spoiler thread.

I already made a Spoiler Thread.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1336594

Gotta ask, because it's killing me and I can't get the game right away, but does it wrap the plot up nicely? D:
I'd say so, yeah. There's only a couple of small details that I think were "missing", but I might be the one who missed them.

Also, I agree with whoever was talking about a spoiler thread.

The
guiding Grigos
mission is bullshit. Not sure why they have to put in frustrating missions like these.

It's far from the worst. Though if you're that far, you've already tolerated the worst stealth mission in the game. It's gonna get better from that point onwards (less bloated missions).

If you need help,
remember to always get the blue Grigo to follow you, for some reason it always stops in place in my play through. Also you only have to destroy (not attack until it turns yellow) the Grigo for the second guard.

If you need help,
remember to always get the blue Grigo to follow you, for some reason it always stops in place in my play through. Also you only have to destroy (not attack until it turns yellow) the Grigo for the second guard.

Yes,
destroying the 2nd grigo did the trick
. Thanks!

Good to hear it gets better from here on. I don't play Gravity Rush for stealth missions... It just doesn't work.

I'd like to see Kat in a fighting game. She is such a cool character.

She already is in one, lol.

Kat-Trailer-PSASBR.jpg

I wish they didn't have stealth missions in this game. First, manipulating gravity, whether it's shifting or the gravity slide, is the fun part. Second, it's not much stealth as it is "Find the one path that works since everything else will get you spotted."

Tracking people hasn't been too bad, but actual stealth and the insta-fails and finding that one path has been kind of meh.

I heard there was a mission where
you follow someone for 10 minutes.
Is this the one?

EDIT: Meant to edit this into my post above. Sorry!

No, it's a stealth mission which involves luring guards away. It honestly wasn't that bad as it boiled down to trial and error. But it wasn't fun, thats for sure.

Haven't come across a following mission that lasted 10 mins yet, i think? Hopefully it stays that way.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm on like mission 11 I think maybe. The mission design is so much better than the first game. I'm really enjoying just flying around and beating the shit out of bad guys.

Slixshot

Banned
My copy arrived on Friday but I've been busy with life. Going to crack this open later!

What's the general consensus so far from GAF?

Caim

Do you get anything for doing the side missions? Not even gems?

You level up (get more health, and gravity power) every couple missions you complete this includes story missions too.

Other than that it's the occasional premium talisman, or photo item so far.

If you're looking for gems you can find a decent amount just looking under each of the islands.

I'm loving this so much so far. It's not going to win anyone over if they didn't already enjoy the first one, but it's all around improvement in every way and that's exactly what I wanted. So worth the wait and hype for me.

I've already wasted so much time in photo mode...

Rektash

I'm loving this so much so far. It's not going to win anyone over if they didn't already enjoy the first one, but it's all around improvement in every way and that's exactly what I wanted. So worth the wait and hype for me.

I've already wasted so much time in photo mode...

As someone who enjoyed Remastered I really can't say Gravity Rush 2 is an improvement in every way.

The stealth missions are kind of a slog. The beginning of the game is really slow. Some of the online stuff is plain offensive. Granted it does some stuff way better than the original as well (scale of the world, powers, some missions), overall I'd say it's about as enjoyable as the first game.

Personally what I enjoy most about this game is grinding challenge missions for better times - I guess I just love the traversal in this franchise.

jacobeid

Banned
Early GoTY contender for me.

Some of the missions aren't particularly fantastic, so I can see it ultimately getting eclipsed but yeah, I agree with this.

It's my friend's birthday tomorrow and he hinted at wanting a copy after I sent over a few GIFs so I bought him one today.

SkylineRKR

The side missions are terrible so far. Did all of them up until now but if they don't reward gems, well, I don't know how long I will continue to do them all.

The game is great otherwise. Trounces Infamous and other open world superhero games.

Kaelan

Got the Jupiter style and it's dopeee, hard to get used to at first but you're like a tank man lol. The boss after getting it though was fucking annoying.

I love using the jazz singer costume, best one so far IMO.

The side missions are terrible so far. Did all of them up until now but if they don't reward gems, well, I don't know how long I will continue to do them all.

The game is great otherwise. Trounces Infamous and other open world superhero games.

Ehh they're okay, I don't feel compelled to do them because the game is meaty enough. I only do a few here and there.

LordPusha

The second half of the game is one big boss rush.

What a ride this was, almost perfect apart from those stealth missions, Gravity Rush 3 yes please !!!

Humdinger

I realise playing Gravity Rush that the thing I miss about Japanese games is their willingness and ability to express joy both in story and sensation.

There are so many moments of Kat just helping people because it's the right thing to do, without any po faced heroics or undermining cynicism. Then of course the traversal itself is complete dream fulfilment.

The last time I can remember a game making me feel so warm and fuzzy was Persona 4, with its earnest friendships and emotional spectrum that was brave enough to stray outside of the misery and cynicism Western games get so stuck in.

Good point, and I agree. I appreciate the lighthearted sillyness, too. A breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom