• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Ferr986

Treasure hunts depend on the photos. With a good photo you can get a treasure easily in any area.
It's just that some people tend to just take a pic of the location of the coffer, instead of putting in the pic a point of reference to locate said area :/

ak1337azn

Neo Member
So Gamestop ripped me off by only including a download for the white costume and not the soundtrack. Does anyone have a spare code they're willing to part with?

maouvin

C2ygK1nXgAA6CVQ.jpg
koyorin

Treasure hunts depend on the photos. With a good photo you can get a treasure easily in any area.
It's just that some people tend to just take a pic of the location of the coffer, instead of putting in the pic a point of reference to locate said area :/
I try to include both. I found that pictures that include treasures and remarkable objects around them are more easily found than treasure POVs of things in the distance.

Right, it can be tough because you have a distance limit but the key is too get noticeable spots in the pic. I've had a few good ones.

Rektash

The problem with treasure hunts in Lei Elgona is there are barely any noticeable spots on that map. There are basically 5 types of floating houses copy and pasted onto the map like 100 times.

I'm late to the party but my PSN is in the spreadsheet if people want to throw me an add. I can't promise easy to clear challenges though! (Just moderately easy to clear)

Shoeless

Has anyone figured out exactly how the Gem Detector talisman works? I've got it equipped, and I notice that it has two tones, a lower note, and higher, more frequent note. I *think* the lower note beeps when you're in the vicinity of gems, but not quite close enough.

I also notice that the gem detector beeps come out of both your controller and your speakers if you have a surround sound set up. Are they directional? Like if I pan the camera around and the gems are behind will they beep from the rear speakers to let me know that's the direction I should go in?

Synless

I was going to take a stab at the first again on PS4. I wanted the physical copy from Amazon and god damn is it expensive. Was this rare?

So I'm thinking about buying this game. First game was okay but very boring due to the bad and simple mission design. Did they improve the missions? Especially side quests?

And please don't tell me this game has a love story. Does it have a love story? They are badly written most of the time.

Grrr who thought this
Get to the core mission was good. The whole bit where stuff is closing in around you. Camera angles and slow down are insane at least on og ps4

Sioen

So I'm thinking about buying this game. First game was okay but very boring due to the bad and simple mission design. Did they improve the missions? Especially side quests?

And please don't tell me this game has a love story. Does it have a love story? They are badly written most of the time.
It's a lot better than the first one, much more expanded and varied zones. Also a lot of side quests, most are go here and do stuff but they are well told and rather funny.

It's a lot better than the first one, much more expanded and varied zones. Also a lot of side quests, most are go here and do stuff but they are well told and rather funny.

how's the online part? It's only treasure hunting, right? Is it fun?
How many costumes can you unlock?

Number45

I would also like to know this. I can chain up to three, but I can't seem to pull it off.
This just affects the timing of the kicks - so you'll be able to quickly hit three then you'll have a short 'reset' before you can go again. That's my understanding anyway.

Rektash

Man, just falling around, collecting gems to the amazing OST and beating challange missions is such a blast. Makes for a perfect laid back sunday evening.

Sioen

how's the online part? It's only treasure hunting, right? Is it fun?
How many costumes can you unlock?
I don't really care for the online, so don't know really.

There are quite a few customers to unlock, you'll get 3 if you played the first and around 12 or so to unlock by playing.

george_us

Not really to your first question. Still the same mundane missions. Combat is much improved though.

As to your second question:
No love story that I'm aware of but I'm still on Episode 14.

Kensuke

Sometimes I get an 'incoming challenge result' and it says that I won, but then get either 20 or 0 tokens for it. Same happens when I win challenges myself. What gives? Not sure how it works.

Anyone still looking to get some tokens feel free to add me: Wretched_Walrus

Jocund

Sometimes I get an 'incoming challenge result' and it says that I won, but then get either 20 or 0 tokens for it. Same happens when I win challenges myself. What gives? Not sure how it works.

Anyone still looking to get some tokens feel free to add me: Wretched_Walrus

Your challenges are hard af lol. I gotta step my Kat game up.

I'm having the same trouble with them. There must be some behind the scenes shit going on we don't know about.

nynt9

Ok, so, I don't think I understand the side content in this game. Do you earn anything for doing side missions? And what do the mining expeditions want me to do? Just go there and grind for gems?

Kindekuma

Banned
Ok, so, I don't think I understand the side content in this game. Do you earn anything for doing side missions? And what do the mining expeditions want me to do? Just go there and grind for gems?

Yes you can earn certain collectibles and talismans to buff your stats. Mining there will provide either harder enemies/bosses that have other rewards and talismans.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I'm having the same trouble with them. There must be some behind the scenes shit going on we don't know about.

Yeah same here. Sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don't. Least we got the shots but...that original costume is mighting tempting. Honestly the Short Shorts Army thing is really paying off. The tokens flow! When we get rewarded...

Gotta ask, because it's killing me and I can't get the game right away, but does it wrap the plot up nicely? D:
It ends conclusively. Team Gravity also stated they didn't want to make anymore games after this.
Fuck no. I need more Kat in my life. T_T
Any more games? Or any more Gravity Rush games?
I haven't beaten the second installment so I can't say definitely whether it bookends Kat's tale. However, director Keiichiro Toyama implied the future of Gravity Rush was "still a blank slate" in a brief interview from several days ago and suggested that "new hardware that allows for a new way to express things" might spur a follow-up into the property. At the moment, it would appear that Project Siren/Team Gravity are likely working on a new "action-adventure" piece whereas Toyama-san expressed a desire to return to the survival horror scene a couple years back.

Just a reminder for those who haven't taken a look at the spreadsheet in the OP or my previous posts:

Feel free to add me on PSN and become a part of the short shorts army.

PSN: BRSxIgnition

nynt9

Yes you can earn certain collectibles and talismans to buff your stats. Mining there will provide either harder enemies/bosses that have other rewards and talismans.

Yeah I get talismans from mining, but what about the side missions? I did a few and they don't seem to earn me anything. I do like the unique gameplay scenarios they pose, just wondering.

Rainy

Banned
Played for another few hours. Did the first stealth mission, it was kind of annoying but I figured it out after some trial and error.

There are so many more side quests in this game than the first one I feel, I've spent so much time doing them and I'm enjoying them as well.

The main quests are also pretty interesting, gonna play more later tonight :eek:

So what's the fastest way to get Dusty Tokens? Just keep sending out challenges, taking photos, and taking treasure photos?

Kensuke

Hehe, I try. It looks like beating multiple people at the same time doesn't give you more tokens either. That's a shame. The road to 6000 seems impossibly long.

Jocund

I got a slew of "Challenge Result" notices and I got like 5 points out of all of them. Ugh. I'm sitting at about 150 coins. As much as I love this game, this is gonna kill me.

Weiss

Banned
I thought I was gonna dread mining but the levels are so trippy and beautiful, and filled with actual challenge, that I honestly don't mind.

How do you quit a treasure hunt? I tried to select different missions and everything but it wouldn't let me. I just gave up and shut the game off without saving.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
20 hours in and I just reached
Chapter III

hQaxSni.gif

Did NOT see that coming. This game is MASSIVE.

Top Bottom