• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Eblo

The second author sidequest is something else. I almost felt scared for a moment until I figured out the routine. This eccentric author needs to meet up with the rich guy who plays hide and seek with his servants.

Mikey Jr.

What does it mean "chain together gravity kicks" in the upgrade menu?

Pretty expensive for something I have no idea what it even does, lol.

Jocund

I added my name to the psn list if more of you beautiful folks wanted to add me

What does it mean "chain together gravity kicks" in the upgrade menu?

Pretty expensive for something I have no idea what it even does, lol.

I believe the recovery time between gravity kicks is shortened, so you can have something like a chain of them with a small refractory period.

How far in do you get
lunar and Jupiter styles
?

The stats page says I'm 15 hours in and I'm just starting chapter/mission 7, so it looks like maybe I'm just taking my time compared to others? Did durdle around for the longest time collecting gems, and I've done every side mission so far. Loving it!

Jolkien

Just got an email from Amazon.ca either they really did not get a lot of copies or it sold really well but it's back order and they should get more copies between Febuary 15 - March 21 -_-

I guess I'll just grab the digital version, too bad I'm missing the 20% off from Amazon.

LotusHD

Banned
Are we going to get the Phantasy Star Online 2 dlc in the US? I know PSO2 isn't available here so I'm worried :s

No clue, but I certainly won't miss it tbh

---

I think I recall some of you guys finding the frisbee sidequest (the one with the dog) to be difficult? I for one found it to be pretty easy.

Drewfonse

I'm only a few hours in, but wow, this really came out of nowhere for me. My first GR title, and I'm having a blast. So engaging. And gorgeous. And an amazing soundtrack. I'm in love.

『Inaba Resident』;228894253 said:
12 hours in and I'm only at 18% completion lol. I'm not even collecting gems. I just want to look as cool as possible lol.
Awesome

Can you roll and spin manually while shifting?

KrebStar

Added myself to the PSN list, should be able to add people when I get home tonight.

Left off just after I got the camera and I'm really looking forward to more of the treasure hunt feature. Excellent game so far.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
12 hours in and I'm only at 18% completion lol. I'm not even collecting gems. I just want to look as cool as possible lol.

How do you bounce off the buildings like that?

Wagram

There's so many activities in this game that are straight absurd. Grabbing people and throwing them at a shop to get them to spend money there.

It's straight out of the PS2 days. I miss these types of games.

wapplew

The second author sidequest is something else. I almost felt scared for a moment until I figured out the routine. This eccentric author needs to meet up with the rich guy who plays hide and seek with his servants.

Very scary that quest. Didn't see the twist coming too.

LotusHD

Banned
Very scary that quest. Didn't see the twist coming too.

I found it hilarious that Kat didn't just kick the "Scarab people's" asses, because of course she'd be scared of stuff like this.

--

I got the auto stasis talisman, but it's lowkey annoying as fuck having objects obstructing your view 24/7. May very well just keep it for boss fights or certain challenges.

sora87

The
living city where you have to attack the nevi holding it together
around chapter 10-11 is the most disorientated I have ever been playing a video game haha, crazy stuff, the scale is incredible.

Well, is over. Finished the game, still have a few sidequests and challenge missions, but is done.

I enjoyed the game a lot, although the game starts too slow and some stealth missions are too annoying, but overall is an excellent game. The game also ends on a very high note, for the last hours are very cool.

Oh, stupid random question: I forgot to start a Gravity Rush Remastered game before playing GR2. Am I screwed out of costumes until the next playthrough, or can I import a GRR save at any time?

(also if by some miracle Gravity Rush Vita saves are also good let me know!)

Is
the last story mission? Credits rolled following it then it said
something about final epsiode and follow some glowing lady but no more story missions in menu

Is
the last story mission? Credits rolled following it then it said
something about final epsiode and follow some glowing lady but no more story missions in menu

There's more.
Look in the map for conversation icons, after a few more conversations with the glowing lady you'll start the last part of the game.

Miggy

I have no idea what to do at the end of Episode 12. Everything around Kat is white and I don't know how to find the core. :/

EDIT: Never Mind. Got it.

Roussow

Can someone elaborate on what's there to do with the mining stuff, Is it just there to grind currency and get Talismans? I jumped into a few zones and it seemed fairly dull, and not very fruitful in terms of resources recovered. Those bigger bosses aren't great either -- is there much variety here? I've heard about the trench stuff, that could be interesting, but it's random?

Also, later game ability spoiler:
I can't work out exactly what the trigger is for Panther Mode, I've only got it in story mission sequences, I couldn't see a meter on the UI, or any indication of whether you get it for damaging enemies or getting damaged or what? It's unfortunate because it gives me crazy good Bayonetta vibes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
fantastic game. the ending. the credit music.

now ya'll are gonna be getting challenges

That's my situation except I'm not finished! I'm trying to get further in the story haha. But the Short Shorts Army will get more points when I feel I'm far enough...or finish it!

Too much fun.
KZofMZz.gif

Awesome

Can you roll and spin manually while shifting?

Don't think you can. I can get Kat to do the dive in the air if she isn't already by holding X and speeding up though.

How do you bounce off the buildings like that?

Jump right when you land on something after going fast enough.
I'm certain about momentum determining your jump right when you land but the angle might also affect it.

MikeDown

Banned
For those of you who have beaten the game quick yes or no question regarding the story. The machine and the cyborgs that were in the anime do that make an appearance later in the game?

What is this tower defense sidequest? lol

It was a pushover for 2/3 then suddenly it actually required strategy (which the game doesn't even bother offering until you've failed once).

There is a tune that I'm trying to find. It sounds like Bond music. It's absolutely wonderful. Probably the second best track I've heard in a video game, behind the Forest Temple in OOT.

I'm in the Old Settlement, Lei Havina. The music sounds so good.

LotusHD

Banned
I can't believe how varied and fun the sidequests are. I ADORE all the little stories they tell.

Right?!?!

---

Holy shit, GR2 has really stepped it in the whole boss fight department. Having shit like Lunar Mode and the improved Stasis Field really lets things get chaotic in the best way possible.

I love this game so much lol

Yaaaasssss, I see you've also unlocked this tech

Gravity Kick canceling lets you so some really wacky things with how momentum is conserved on that first jump when you hit the ground or a wall. You get a new set of floaty jump animations almost like you're bouncing off whatever you landed on. Looks and feels great

YbpoVQA.gif

3MH72SQ.gif

iEDDxYP.gif

Right?!?!

---

Holy shit, GR2 has really stepped it in the whole boss fight department. Having shit like Lunar Mode and the improved Stasis Field really lets things get chaotic in the best way possible.

I love this game so much lol
This might be hyperbole, but I'd put this up with Witcher 3 as a game where the side missions tend to follow certain structures but feel fresh and varied thanks to the stories told.

Yaaaasssss, I see you've also unlocked this tech

YbpoVQA.gif
Is that a wall jump? How do you do that?

Oh, and any Superman game needs to look at this game and slavishly copy it. Nothing else has nailed the feeling of flight like this has

Top Bottom