• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Kamina

Golden Boy
One of the random bystanders you can talk to when you
get back to Hekseville
is an old lady and says this. The mission does not need the interaction to proceed.

I think she mistakes you for Kali
I see, thanks.

Yeah that would make sense from what you guys tell me.

Redders

Can't do a link as I'm at work but PlayStation Europe just tweeted we can download the Phantasy Star Online 2 costume for free now.

I assume this one doesn't count towards the Platinum?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
The first one was kind of bad, though there is a path there. The second one in the town square tho, it seemed like recognition distance varied wildly and would randomly have kids seemingly show up out of nowhere. It also doesn't help that getting caught means instant fail state and 3-5 seconds of load and another 3 seconds of timer to reset.

Yeah, my main thing is I just hate stealth gameplay. Especially when it's tacked on, rather than something game mechanics are designed around.

I'll just skip any optional stealth bits and suffer through any required ones. Plan to focus on the story missions and messing around and not worry about doing everything. I'm not a completionist in general and the side content here just isn't worth it to me unless I need to grind some to level up for tough battles or something anyway.

muteki

Cheers!

Now I wish we could set clothing and hairstyle separately. Those twintails are lame.
Hope Raven get some pretty clothes on the DLC, even if it's just for the sake of having them.

They kinda have one alt costume already.

First thing I did (endgame)
when you controlled her for a bit was bring up the camera and see if she had any costumes.

Lasty95

Finished.

By the end of that truly awful final 3rd, any good will I had left towards this game had well and truly faded.

Can't remember a game that's nose-dived quite so badly.

EDGE were spot on with their 6.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished.

By the end of that truly awful final 3rd, any good will I had left towards this game had well and truly faded.

To each their own, shit was lit...

Wait, final 3rd? There's 4 chapters, unless you're not counting the beginning.

*jump on this moving object*
*jumps*
*Oh, Kat will roll off sometimes too*
*rage*

Edit - lol, did it right after complaining. I just adjusted for her extra movements when landing.

Fireblend

Banned
Aaaand done with the game. I actually enjoyed the pacing and overall feel of most of the last section of the game, and am pretty satisfied with how they decided to end the story.

A memorable game for sure :)

daveo42

Banned
Wrapped up the game a little bit ago. Was going to dive back in and decided I needed a break after clearing the last section in one go. So much to take in and so much in the way of emotions. That ending was great, though now I want more answers. I did look through the spoiler thread and all, which helped jog my memory on a few things. I just hope we get some additional answers in the Raven DLC.

Seriously tho...that rush in the last few chapters had my jaw on the floor. Good stuff all around. Still short a bit on the Plat. Mostly just the upgrade stuff and one super ability.

I'm done with the game, but I could literally do treasure hunts all day long I love them so much. Logging in every day to do my "allocation." They must run out eventually?

Gravidee

Finished.

What was wrong with the final third?

I feel like I'm finally starting to exhaust my ideas for photo ops around the world. Maybe it's time to go into missions and see what I can find? Though I got about 60 unique screens so I'm pretty satisfied so much fun stuff to find, from a random dancing NPC to a dumpster Kat can chill out in.

Lol I remember someone saying they'd ignore any photos they encounter that had that outfit equipped

The top is fine, it's just...well, she could really use some paints. Or a skirt. Anything besides low cut panties.

It's kind of odd that they have that one, when all the other outfits put her in tights or such to prevent upskirt shots.

Number45

Finished this last night. I love the world and the characters (though Hekseville is a WAY better location, the game improves immeasurably for me when you get there) but the combat sections were truly terrible almost across the board. The
boss rush stuff was pointlessly drawn out - those things are worthwhile only if the encounters are enjoyable

Side missions too are all over the place. Love the flavour they add to the world, but mechanically a lot of them were incredibly frustrating (and I'm not done yet). I've quit the game on a few occasions due to frustration, which is not a problem I had in the first.

With that said I loved how the story
closed out (the feels), and tied up to the beginning of the first game. Really looking forward to any DLC (unless she's still gone... :'( ) they release, despite my complaints

Jazz dress can be exploited... :p
This happened in a cutscene when I had no control of Kat. :s

maouvin

I downloaded it last night. Equipped it to see what it looked like and noped straight out again. It's hideous.

The twintails grew on me. Didn't like them when I first saw pics. Still prefer the queen with long hair though. And my heart would fail if she got something like Mercy's ponytail.
The costume... is PSO2 alright. Not that my characters there looked like that.

Trying to work my way through the final chapter, but the (endgame spoiler)
boss fight with elektricitie
got a bit frustrating so I've put it down for a few days. Hoping to finish this weekend. I also only left 3 side quests unfinished (you can probably guess which ones), so I'd like to polish those off as well.

I love so many things about this game, but some of the design decisions are just baffling.

Still, in for any and all DLC.

I'm done with the game, but I could literally do treasure hunts all day long I love them so much. Logging in every day to do my "allocation." They must run out eventually?

As far as I can tell, no. I've already gotten treasure pics for chests I've grabbed before, so I assume they all repeat endlessly.

Trying to work my way through the final chapter, but the (endgame spoiler)
boss fight with elektricitie
got a bit frustrating so I've put it down for a few days. Hoping to finish this weekend. I also only left 3 side quests unfinished (you can probably guess which ones), so I'd like to polish those off as well.

I love so many things about this game, but some of the design decisions are just baffling.

Still, in for any and all DLC.

There are still bombs on the ground.

I have no idea what that is
Only knew about the game due to the Remastered
Destiny of Spirits was a gacha-like game for the Vita, which was discontinued. They had characters (apart from original ones I mean) from other Playstation IPs, among which there were Gravity Rush (and even Patapon iirc).

Ferr986

For some reason I thought that was in the list. Is it really not there?

Although given how restricted the movement was while wearing that, I guess it makes sense.

Nope, not there :/ there's still 1 empty box though (assuming the other one is the PSO2 one)

Would they even give that outfit? Technically it's pretty spoilerly. Got a better chance of getting a Raven outfit.

I didn't feel it's that spoilering without context, but maybe it's just me. I just want the Pope hat :(

maouvin

I have no idea what that is
Only knew about the game due to the Remastered

sackboy already said what DoS is, but here is the spoilery thing I mentioned:

600px-Lady_of_the_Depths.jpg

It came out in 2014 iirc.
Of course, it's not super mindblowing because the character is shown on GR1.

Does anyone else feel like
Chapter Eto was originally the basis for Gravity Rush 3? It really seems like there's more than enough material in the premise of that chapter to carry a whole other game. But as soon as the dev's caught wind that they weren't going to get a third chance, they bolted what they had onto the end of this game. It just seems weird that the game brings up Kat's amnesia and lack of backstory exactly zero times up until that point, before giving you an enormous exposition dump.

There are still bombs on the ground.

Seriously, thanks for this. Didn't know that and suddenly this seems a lot less daunting.

Chapter Eto was originally the basis for Gravity Rush 3? It really seems like there's more than enough material in the premise of that chapter to carry a whole other game. But as soon as the dev's caught wind that they weren't going to get a third chance, they bolted what they had onto the end of this game. It just seems weird that the game brings up Kat's amnesia and lack of backstory exactly zero times up until that point, before giving you an enormous exposition dump.

This seems super plausible. It's so different from the rest of the game in pacing and design (it's clear this is where their budget started to get strained). However having played the first game I am really enjoying the exposition despite finding it a bit frustrating otherwise. However, it honestly feels like a "bonus" chapter so I don't mind its faults too much. The amount of content in this game is impressive.

muteki

Yeah, at parts it is really easy to think "this is where 2 would have ended...this would be 3".

Kookos

I finished GR2 a few hours ago and I felt exactly the same as you. It's a shame that GR3 is very, very unlikely to happen at this point.

All in all, I enjoyed my time with Gravity Rush 2, even though some sidequests and maxing Kat's powers annoyed the hell out of me. Definitely looking forward to that Raven & the Ark DLC.

Ferr986

Yeah,I feel devs planned this series as a trilogy initially.
The whole game seems a mix of different game stories into one.

Top Bottom