• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Ferr986

Just finished it and I'm quite lost...

What were the Nevi? How is Syd even alive? Was Alias built by Kat's kingdom? Why are Raven and Kat connected?

-Nevis are like primordial being, There's both white (living at the upper area of the world) and dark (living at the bottom).

- Resurected by Creator Syd.

- i Gueds done by Syd, not 100% clear.

Check out the spoiler thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336594

Although I can say you not everything is anwered in this game.

Number45

Missing 3 pieces of furniture. All I can do is wait for treasure hunts to show up?
The items from the hunts actually already exist in the game world as far as I know, so you could just hunt those down. Sure somewhere online will have them all pinpointed anyway!

leng jai

Hmm, idk. I find the key to controlling the camera also comes with being deliberate with your use of the R1 button as a means of stopping for a second to readjust yourself. Watching the arrows pointing you toward enemies in order to keep note of where you are in 3D space, like dogfighting in a flight game, is also very helpful. Then there's clicking the camera stick to realign the camera as a shortcut to letting you know where "up" actually is. In wide open battles I have no issues keeping track of where I am, where the enemies are, and what the camera's doing. I do think reining in what's inherently a "wild" superpower is part of the experience though, so moments of disorientation are natural, as it would be for someone floating in zero-G and constantly changing one's gravity direction. Sometimes it's just best to gravity kick away into open space to get your bearings before swooping back in.

Episode 12, like I mentioned, exposes where the camera can go terrible wrong. There's a slight delay before it "stabilizes" when you land on a new surface, and that entire episode is about landing in new gravity directions using the most unwieldy gravity traversal style in tight corridors. Awful.

I'm pretty sure I'm at chapter 11, so if you're telling me 12 is the worst.... Probably won't be motivated to play this anytime soon.

Slygmous

Finally got my Shifter 1.0 outfit :)

Missing 3 pieces of furniture. All I can do is wait for treasure hunts to show up?

My last 5 or so were found from treasure hunts, like all in a row too.
Now I get nothing but Dusty tokens and gems from treasure :(

maouvin

Finished all the sidequests already, so I guess treasure hunts are the way to go.
No way I'm actively searching for chests. I only found one without hints ever, and there was so many almost on plain sight that I missed that I rather wait for photos coming out from gravity storms ¦3

Also, to you people who send challenges on Behind the Scenes I: you monsters!
(Did a 52 seconds run earlier, but I didn't issue a challenge because I'm a good person)

DylanEno

The game told me the PSO2 collab pack is available but I can't find it anywhere in the Store or online. When I try accessing the page on a browser, it just says it doesn't exist. tf

maouvin

The game told me the PSO2 collab pack is available but I can't find it anywhere in the Store or online. When I try accessing the page on a browser, it just says it doesn't exist. tf

Yeah, saw that too. The costume is already available on EU, so maybe they threw the notification for both regions at once even though on US we'll have to wait until the store updates.

DylanEno

5767 Tokens

So cloooooooooseeeeeeeeee

I keep beating my previous challenge records and taking photos everywhere but it's not enoughhhhhhh

Is there a trick to get tokens? Beating challenges nets me zero tokens. Still under 3k.
You get the tokens when beating the same person only once a day. So if you have a friend who sends you ten challenges today, you'll still get the reward only for the first one you beat.

DylanEno

Is there a trick to get tokens? Beating challenges nets me zero tokens. Still under 3k.
Afaik Just doing what I've been doing and hunting for Kat ghost photo ops. All are time-consuming and annoying after having done them so, so, so many times.

The game really needs to be altered to make tokens easier to collect so that you don't have to invest 40 hours of additional playtime to unlock everything.

maouvin

5767 Tokens

So cloooooooooseeeeeeeeee

I keep beating my previous challenge records and taking photos everywhere but it's not enoughhhhhhh

I'm at 5850. Got a ton (2000+) during the weekend and I didn't even play, but the buff was active and all that. Luckily one more week gets me to 6000.

daveo42

Banned
So I wrapped up the side quests and left over challenges, the photo quests and pretty most everything else last night to prep for finishing the game tonight. Just running into the
shining girl
made me pause and say nope to moving forward. I'm getting getting some pretty big chills surrounding the final push. Even Aki's comments from her last quest has got me excited. I'm almost sad about the fact that the ride is almost over.

You get the tokens when beating the same person only once a day. So if you have a friend who sends you ten challenges today, you'll still get the reward only for the first one you beat.

Ah,that would have been nice to know earlier.

Afaik Just doing what I've been doing and hunting for Kat ghost photo ops. All are time-consuming and annoying after having done them so, so, so many times.

The game really needs to be altered to make tokens easier to collect so that you don't have to invest 40 hours of additional playtime to unlock everything.

Agreed. I think I'm going to stop worrying so much about tokens and just wrap up the game.

Jofamo

Got my Platinum at last, completing my Gravity Rush platinum trilogy.

Collecting those remaining gems was not fun in the slightest.

I remember in the original Gravity Rush, defeating a rare, green Nevi made a tonne of gems spawn. They need to patch that into this game. Currently, rare Nevi are too uncommon, and only drop rare talismans. Up thier appearance rate, and make them drop a tonne of gems (2k-5k)? Then I'd have a reason to actually play through the Delvool.

Relceroi

Neo Member
Got the platinum as well (75th). Still missing 6 pieces of furniture and everything that requires Dusty Tokens past 2000, but I won’t bother going after those. How often does everyone else get issued treasure hunts? Usually there’s like 5 of them waiting for me when I start playing each day, but beyond that I don’t get any new ones. I haven’t received any challenges either.

Edit: Much like others have already, I can’t complement the music in this game enough. As simple as it is, upon hearing this ambient track I knew that I would like GR2 a lot. I’m not sure what it reminds me of exactly, but it brought back very pleasant memories of some of the PS2 era games. Maybe the first Jak & Daxter game primarily. Certain areas also reminded me of Ghibli’s Castle in the Sky.

Got the platinum as well (75th). Still missing 6 pieces of furniture and everything that requires Dusty Tokens past 2000, but I won't bother going after those. How often does everyone else get issued treasure hunts? Usually there's like 5 of them waiting for me when I start playing each day, but beyond that I don't get any new ones. I haven't received any challenges either.

I typically get batches of treasure hunts every 4 or so hours. Sometimes you can trigger more online events by closing the game and restarting. Works more for photo ratings spawns than other things though.

I'm earning literally a thousand Dusty tokens a day somehow. It'll certainly slow today because I didn't send out any challenges yesterday, but I'm probably going to end up with 8-9k by the end of this event. I'm gonna miss this boost.

I typically get batches of treasure hunts every 4 or so hours. Sometimes you can trigger more online events by closing the game and restarting. Works more for photo ratings spawns than other things though.

I'm earning literally a thousand Dusty tokens a day somehow. Probably going to end up with 8-9k by the end of this event. I'm gonna miss this boost.
Isn't today the last day?

Lasty95

At what I assume it's the last couple of stages and really struggling to muster the will to finish it.

Outside of that wonderful flying mechanic and some well written characters, there's some seriously bad game in there.

Based on the first 3rd or so, this would have been a high 7 or 8 for me, but terrible mission design and appalling stealth sections have brought it down to a 6.

It's a shame, as much of it is lovely. I'd probably have a go at another sequel, bit they really need to up their game.

At what I assume it's the last couple of stages and really struggling to muster the will to finish it.

Outside of that wonderful flying mechanic and some well written characters, there's some seriously bad game in there.

Based on the first 3rd or so, this would have been a high 7 or 8 for me, but terrible mission design and appalling stealth sections have brought it down to a 6.

It's a shame, as much of it is lovely. I'd probably have a go at another sequel, bit they really need to up their game.

What makes you assume you're at the end? You'd have to name the episode number you're in... and if you think there's another sequel coming, you're probably not there yet.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man the stealth missions are garbage. Had to nope out of the one where you have to grab 40 supply crates last night.

I'm going to try and focus more on story missions and just quit out of any annoying sidequests. Trying to do them all as they come available is dragging the game down for me and making me like it way less than the first.

24 I think?

Or there abouts.
At some really, really bad abstract puzzle block bit. Mario 64, it ain't.

It's not really that long, and I had fun with it. It was a nice throwback to the first game, and it makes thematic sense to reuse the same gameplay to represent the recovery of Kat's memories. What comes after is pretty awesome too.

Man the stealth missions are garbage. Had to nope out of the one where you have to grab 40 supply crates last night.

I'm going to try and focus more on story missions and just quit out of any annoying sidequests. Trying to do them all as they come available is dragging the game down for me and making me like it way less than the first.

That side mission is definitely the hardest stealth in the game, but it unlocks my favorite challenge mission too. Once you figure out where the guards are and how they move it's not that bad, but you are probably going to fail a few times before you get the pattern down. At worst case, takedowns are relatively simple; all guards are disabled with a single object throw or a sliding kick.

Most stealth in the game has simpler solutions, like walking on the walls, ceilings, or below the floor. It's really not that hard to stay out of sight as long as you can remember that you can literally walk on walls, and NPCs rarely look up.

muteki

Are there more stealth missions in the challenges? Because I did all the main and side quests and I only remember 2. Really easy ones at that.

maouvin

Does the mission restart if they see you? Been a while since I played it, but on the challenge at least it doesn't matter if the alert bar is filled. Just run around and throw the crates out. Hell, throw the soldiers out too.

Are there more stealth missions in the challenges? Because I did all the main and side quests and I only remember 2. Really easy ones at that.

No stealth in challenges, just the two Behind the Scenes where the NPCs can't grab you. Missions where you can't be seen are three main quests and maybe one or two side?

loving this game, and the music is soooo good.

Some of the side quests are a little too involved however. Was refreshing to have a side quest end on the first task given and there were no branches to the quest or oops actually you have to go here instead. I do like the world building they accomplish. Though I wish there was something similar to the ghost couple of the first game.

Does the mission restart if they see you? Been a while since I played it, but on the challenge at least it doesn't matter if the alert bar is filled. Just run around and throw the crates out. Hell, throw the soldiers out too.

It does, actually.

And that's definitely one of the things I really like about the challenge it unlocks. lol

No stealth in challenges, just the two Behind the Scenes where the NPCs can't grab you. Missions where you can't be seen are three main quests and maybe one or two side?

People are probably counting the "follow this person without being seen" missions, which aren't that infrequent either.

Valonquar

True ending / DLC theory:
Pretty sure the "Kat" you don't see at the end of the true ending is going to be the phantom Kat you chase through that one section, which will turn out to be a time traveling Kat that ended up lost in space/time when she became the singularity. She'll adventure with the lost in space/time couple and find a way back. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

It restarts instantly if they see you/get a full bar. Was a 30 some out of 40 last attempt when I got caught and restarted the mission at beginning when I said fuck it and quit.

It restarts instantly if they see you/get a full bar. Was a 30 some out of 40 last attempt when I got caught and restarted the mission at beginning when I said fuck it and quit.

Don't panic and if someone sees you, take them down. Or duck behind a crate and imitate a cat.

Kat's cat impression is really damn good.

muteki

People are probably counting the "follow this person without being seen" missions, which aren't that infrequent either.
Ok yeah I was not counting those as stealth missions. I only considered the side mission at the docks where you have to take a picture of a handoff and the main mission where you sneak on the ship to be stealth missions. There may be more in that style I don't remember.

daveo42

Banned

For the box side missions, that's about the right way to go. Super easy with the right talisman (Unbreakable?) equipped.

As for the Behind the Scenes missions, fuck them. God they are terrible, especially when your success is dictated by where NPCs are randomly placed. I think I did the second one over and over again for close to 30mins straight.

cheesekao

That one is one of the easier stealth ones. There is an optimal path that will allow you to get those crates. It doesn't hurt to take out the guards as well since a few of them are alone.

As for the Behind the Scenes missions, fuck them. God they are terrible, especially when your success is dictated by where NPCs are randomly placed. I think I did the second one over and over again for close to 30mins straight.
That quest can be made easier by jumping past people in your way during the second sequence instead of running past them. If you get caught during the first sequence then that's kinda your fault since the area is pretty open.

daveo42

Banned
That one is one of the easier stealth ones. There is an optimal path that will allow you to get those crates. It doesn't hurt to take out the guards as well since a few of them are alone.

That quest can be made easier by jumping past people in your way during the second sequence instead of running past them. If you get caught during the first sequence then that's kinda your fault since the area is pretty open.

The first one was kind of bad, though there is a path there. The second one in the town square tho, it seemed like recognition distance varied wildly and would randomly have kids seemingly show up out of nowhere. It also doesn't help that getting caught means instant fail state and 3-5 seconds of load and another 3 seconds of timer to reset.

dangeROSS

Finished the game last night. I've stayed away from any discussion on things to avoid ruining any surprises. I enjoyed the game and I think my overall impression is a good one.

There seemed to be a lot of plot and missions that I think could have been cut from the game to make it a more streamlined ride that held better. The beginning of the game was fun and exploring the initial giant town area(s) you get to were well done. Being able to get from one area of a city to entirely different one seamlessly by flying around blew my mind. The detail and scale of it were just incredible to me.

When I first got there I went straight into first person mode and explored, that made a great impression. And can I say that I LOVE the fact they added the option for first person view like that. A little touch having the option to do so, but it really does help get some great perspectives on things and I am sooo glad they included it. Flying around in first person was wild too.

But towards the second - third parts of the game it just feels like they didn't know what to do with the story. Personally I think some of it really could have been excluded.

Had the game originally ended where I thought it did, I would likely have had a less favorable view on it. Heck I thought I beat the game and I was a little miffed that alot of the questions that I had from the first game never were addressed. Then I did a quick google search and realized the game was in fact - not over. That a side mission could now actually lead to the real final ending.

And the true ending section of the game I did enjoy. The part dealing with the overall mysterious world and backstory. That to me was the truly interesting content I was waiting for. They created a intriguing world and lore. Still alooot of unanswered questions and ideas though.

I do wish gravity control was played around with a bit more. You have control over a fundamental law of the universe and I imagine there are some outrageous ways that having control over gravity could lead to new game experiences. But that's never really delved into. The different modes could have been scrapped altogether as they never seemed.

Gravity Rush 2 is a good game that does alot right. It's a bright tasty apple with a few dark spots on it. Just try to avoid the dark spots and enjoy the rest of the deliciousness.

Question - What's the deal with Apples in this game anyway. The iconography is used quite a bit and I never really made the connection. I was thinking about it last night, and then the whole Sir Issac Newton having an apple fall on his head thus the revelation about gravity then hit me. Is that what is sort of referring to?

cheesekao

The first one was kind of bad, though there is a path there. The second one in the town square tho, it seemed like recognition distance varied wildly and would randomly have kids seemingly show up out of nowhere. It also doesn't help that getting caught means instant fail state and 3-5 seconds of load and another 3 seconds of timer to reset.
The first one isn't bad at all since there's checkpoints and like I said, jumping past people in can mostly prevent you from being caught.
For the second one, no, the recognition distance doesn't vary wildly. It depends on the NPC's cone of vision. If they're right ahead of you then they can easily spot you but if they're at an angle, their detection range decreases. Also, those kids don't really show up out of nowhere but rather they blindsided you. Off-screen NPCs can still see you which is why you have to be extra aware of your surroundings.

pixelbox

You know what's weird?
When Kat returns to Hexskville you talk to an old lady which recognizes you and states you've always protected the city. She then gets a closer look and says you look younger, which makes Kat wonder who could she have seen if it wasn't her.
What's up with that?

You know what's weird?
When Kat returns to Hexskville you talk to an old lady which recognizes you and states you've always protected the city. She then gets a closer look and says you look younger, which makes Kat wonder who could she have seen if it wasn't her.
What's up with that?

Pretty sure it's clear she thought Kat was Kali Angel.

Finished the game last night. I've stayed away from any discussion on things to avoid ruining any surprises. I enjoyed the game and I think my overall impression is a good one.

There seemed to be a lot of plot and missions that I think could have been cut from the game to make it a more streamlined ride that held better. The beginning of the game was fun and exploring the initial giant town area(s) you get to were well done. Being able to get from one area of a city to entirely different one seamlessly by flying around blew my mind. The detail and scale of it were just incredible to me.

When I first got there I went straight into first person mode and explored, that made a great impression. And can I say that I LOVE the fact they added the option for first person view like that. A little touch having the option to do so, but it really does help get some great perspectives on things and I am sooo glad they included it. Flying around in first person was wild too.

But towards the second - third parts of the game it just feels like they didn't know what to do with the story. Personally I think some of it really could have been excluded.

Had the game originally ended where I thought it did, I would likely have had a less favorable view on it. Heck I thought I beat the game and I was a little miffed that alot of the questions that I had from the first game never were addressed. Then I did a quick google search and realized the game was in fact - not over. That a side mission could now actually lead to the real final ending.

And the true ending section of the game I did enjoy. The part dealing with the overall mysterious world and backstory. That to me was the truly interesting content I was waiting for. They created a intriguing world and lore. Still alooot of unanswered questions and ideas though.

I do wish gravity control was played around with a bit more. You have control over a fundamental law of the universe and I imagine there are some outrageous ways that having control over gravity could lead to new game experiences. But that's never really delved into. The different modes could have been scrapped altogether as they never seemed.

Gravity Rush 2 is a good game that does alot right. It's a bright tasty apple with a few dark spots on it. Just try to avoid the dark spots and enjoy the rest of the deliciousness.

Question - What's the deal with Apples in this game anyway. The iconography is used quite a bit and I never really made the connection. I was thinking about it last night, and then the whole Sir Issac Newton having an apple fall on his head thus the revelation about gravity then hit me. Is that what is sort of referring to?

Yes, it is a tongue-in-cheek reference to Newton's apple.

Dave1988

Shifter 1.0 aquired!

C4EvUcFWAAM3_Rk.jpg:large

Need to get 600 more Dusty Coins to get the last talisman.

Yes, I feel it could be something else. Especially, with all the different versions of Kat and the different universes/pillars.

I think you're overthinking it. There's nothing that supports that theory that some random person you met off the street is a multi-dimensional being.

Kamina

Golden Boy
You know what's weird?
What's up with that?
Cant seem to find this in any of the walkthroughs on youtube, and i dont remeber that either. When did that happen?

Cant seem to find this in any of the walkthroughs on youtube, and i dont remeber that either. When did that happen?

One of the random bystanders you can talk to when you
get back to Hekseville
is an old lady and says this. The mission does not need the interaction to proceed.

I think she mistakes you for Kali

Top Bottom