• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

solarus

I love this game, but the story so far seems real nonsensical and garbage. I mean I didn't purchase it for the story, nor do I play games soley for that but it seems really poor so far.

Chatin

The
Vendecentre Airboat Race
is kicking my ass. I got my best time on my first shot at it, about six seconds off of the required time. Since then, my runs are just getting worse. Anytime I have a good streak going, I get to a point where I'm disoriented and looking at the screen sideways. I really want to Platinum this before getting distracted by another game, but it's doing my head in.

Carl

Just had a fight against
Alias
. Really great fight, although i had a bit of trouble with this one
Kat just kept completely missing the weakpoints with her gravity kicks. Took me about 10 mins to beat him because the fucker wouldn't stay still long enough for me to kick him. Rage!
Good fun though, great fight.

Oh and
Kat in a towel...

Quick question. Replay value guys, what is it for you people who had the japanese versions or just general opinions. I need to trade some games into best buy to go grocery shopping so I need to get rid of the ones which aren't really replay value heavy.

Ken

Quick question. Replay value guys, what is it for you people who had the japanese versions or just general opinions. I need to trade some games into best buy to go grocery shopping so I need to get rid of the ones which aren't really replay value heavy.

Very little. If you aren't going to strive to be #1 in the challenge leaderboards, after getting the platinum trophy there's nothing else to do.

Finally managed to get 2 hours to play this game ..
art direction is awesome controls are fine but will probably neede me to be used to them , challenges are quite hard ..i think i'll need to upgrade my Kat to gold them

i don't regret my purchase

Manp

people worried about the controls should just keep playing it. after a couple of hours you'll be able to pull out all sort of awesome stuff with no effort.

:)

Lain

Started playing yesterday (after grabbing the amazon bonus from PSN) even though I had received the game a day or 2 before and it's fantastic.
I didn't play long enough, just up to Kat's house, but I love the way the game looks and I love the gameplay.
What I don't love are the loading times for the challenges. They really detract from the experience and it's something I didn't expect, given how everyone has been repeating that UMD were shit because they were the cause of long load times on PSP... but here we are on Vita with flash based storage and there are shitty load times still.

sakipon

What I don't love are the loading times for the challenges. They really detract from the experience and it's something I didn't expect, given how everyone has been repeating that UMD were shit because they were the cause of long load times on PSP... but here we are on Vita with flash based storage and there are shitty load times still.
It could be worse. Atleast we don't have wait while listening to the sounds of the disc drive. Now we just wait.

Koroviev

Does Best Buy give cash? I traded in some games on Friday, and they only offered me a gift card (which is what I wanted) :x

Finished! Playtime 8hrs and 7mins.
I felt I rushed it since I only went for story missions but I'm so bad at this game I would never be able to do the challenges. ;-;

Have you tried since you leveled up your abilities? I bet they're much easier now than they were at the beginning of the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I like how she doesn't so much fly and float around as she does fall gracelessly and then smack into the ground. BOOM.

Does Best Buy give cash? I traded in some games on Friday, and they only offered me a gift card (which is what I wanted) :x

Have you tried since you leveled up your abilities? I bet they're much easier now than they were at the beginning of the game.

Use the gift card to buy a Visa Gift Card, 6 dollar transaction fee. Cash baby!

jgmo870

Banned

I didn't play it that well the first go around so I replayed it. I found the game much more fun the second time around. And you might pick up some more story elements as well on the second playthrough. Or at least appreciate how the story is told more after the second run.

Beyond that and the DLC, not much replay value.

DBT85

The use of the gyro for gravity aiming is as native to me as it was in U:GA. More games need to offer aiming like that. I can actually play them then.

Only just
furnished my room and got about 160 purple crystals
but it's been fun so far.

I love the storytelling via comics as well.

Chatin

According to the online rankings, only 2267 people in the world have finished the gold mark for the
Airboat Race
. Only that many have taken a shot at platinum, worldwide? That seems very low. That said, it's still the only task I have left in the game to be done with it. :/

EDIT: Had a fluke run and scraped by. Game is now platinumed. Will return at the end of July for DLC.

eznark

Banned
Just saw the towel scene...ok

About the only thing I am liking are the boss battles and letting Kat fall from great heights.

xxczx

I just suck at the game completely, I cleared all challenges for the trophy though (few gold but mostly silver), no way will I be able to gold all of them lol

Just saw the towel scene...ok

About the only thing I am liking are the boss battles and letting Kat fall from great heights.
:( dont be mean to Kat

Carl

I'm skipping the challenges for now. Will come back when Kat is fully upgraded.

One thing that's annoying me. When falling around looking for gems, i keep straying too far and i get transported back into the city. With a really long load time. Every time i do it i punch myself.

Needs to be some kind of warning when you are going too far away

I'm skipping the challenges for now. Will come back when Kat is fully upgraded.

One thing that's annoying me. When falling around looking for gems, i keep straying too far and i get transported back into the city. With a really long load time. Every time i do it i punch myself.

Needs to be some kind of warning when you are going too far away

I can't say I've had this problem. The only spots to avoid are the gigantic tower in the middle of the world that for reasons that haven't been explained as of my current progress you can't approach and, well, any area that doesn't have any structures to land on. Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

Carl

I can't say I've had this problem. The only spots to avoid are the gigantic tower in the middle of the world that for reasons that haven't been explained as of my current progress you can't approach and, well, any area that doesn't have any structures to land on. Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

When exploring around the sides of the islands i found it pretty easy to go a little too far.

t26

i was on episode 7 and was getting frustrated on the bossu. obviously this game isn't meant to be played while lying on your back. lol.

that boss is easy once you realized she only has like 3 attacks and they are all pretty easy to doge.

Syn23

Beaten the game yesterday. It wasn't perfect, but it was great in many aspects. Tied with Journey for my personal GOTY so far.

Seeing the way the story develops, particularly in the latter chapters, I think "Gravity Daze" was actually a better title than "Gravity Rush".

Now I'm having quite an hard time getting golds in the non-combat challanges. I guess I need to practice more on the slide.

edit: I've edited the second sentence since it could have been misunderstood.

Lagunamov

20 hours with 17 minutes.
AvjZ4F8CEAE3Xyf.jpg

I've just reached inside the W
orld Tree

Loving this game, it's probably the best new I.P on a handheld, it's as ambitious as a console title, doesn't feel gimped at all

Sure it has some flaws, but a 6.5/10? Really? Fuckin really?
It just shows how completely disconnected I've become to what's considered good by the western media these days

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm not making much progress in this game. I'm now in chapter 10, but I always get distracted by the challenges. I know I should wait until my abilities are on a higher level, but the races are so much fun, even though I never know if I actually can reach gold. There are some crazy times on the leaderboards.
The battle challenges suck, though, and everything that has to do with picking up things or people.

I'm not making much progress in this game. I'm now in chapter 10, but I always get distracted by the challenges. I know I should wait until my abilities are on a higher level, but the races are so much fun, even though I never know if I actually can reach gold. There are some crazy times on the leaderboards.
The battle challenges suck, though, and everything that has to do with picking up things or people.

Back when the game first came out here in J-land, a bunch of us Gaf folk were pretty much competing with each other on the races. Tons of fun.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Back when the game first came out here in J-land, a bunch of us Gaf folk were pretty much competing with each other on the races. Tons of fun.

It feels like the time trials in Mirror's Edge, which I absolutely loved. Too bad noone on my friends list seems to be playing the game (or at least the challenges for which I looked at the leaderboards).

Top Bottom