• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Okay, before the start of Chapter
20 you're warned to go to any rifts for the last time. Is this true? I thought you are free to explore everything after you beat the game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Okay, before the start of Chapter
20 you're warned to go to any rifts for the last time. Is this true? I thought you are free to explore everything after you beat the game.

Yeah, you're free to explore the entire world except for the very long column area. No missable trophies too.

eznark

Banned
Wait I've been doing the same thing... what happens? Spoiler it if you have to, I don't care

In chapter 10 your gravity drains super fast. This also happens to be the most platformy part of the game so far. It's not difficult but you do suddenly have to play differently. It's annoying because that traversal is the only thing I like (outside of bosses).

Dunan

I don't think DLC is region free. (I think the PS3 had some region free DLC but not much)

Not the news I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info. I might just buy that Japanese original and disregard the DLC. Or get the US version off the PSN, though I'd rather have the option of selling the game when I'm done with it.

People who've played both: is the English translation good enough that it surpasses the original? (Think Alexander O. Smith, the Nier translators, and Jeremy Blaustein-level.)

JohngPR

Ok so I'm on Chapter 8, need help with a situation

I found the optional? boss down below the second flower. He's like a big hulk with like 6 or so hot spots. I have tried to beat him many times and get close to all of his spots but just dont have enough health and health pickups. What do you get for beating him? Can I come back later and do it? I want to kill him :(

Any tips, etc would be appreciated.

I found that the best way to beat him if you aren't powered up is to
float right above his head. That way, when you gravity kick him Kat bounces out of range of his attack...continue this until he's dead. That was the only way I was able to beat him without going back later in the game.

this is the open-world steampunk environment i've always wanted to hang out in (never mind zip around in). the gorgeousness just goes on forever :) . &, yeah, as a 'super-hero' game, it's head'n'shoulders above the others this gen afa originality...

This game is beautiful in so many ways.

tumblr_m5tntxf2TX1r1giwjo1_1280.jpg

Tratorn

I just need 1 more challenge for platin, but i can't get it to gold.

My record is 5k points, but 6k are needed.
Its the challenge where i have to throw everything in the red field to get points.
Any tips?

Oldschool

I just need 1 more challenge for platin, but i can't get it to gold.

My record is 5k points, but 6k are needed.
Its the challenge where i have to throw everything in the red field to get points.
Any tips?

Yeah, that sweeper challenge. I found it the most difficult too.

You probably will want to go to the objects that give a lot of points. There are two huge blocks that give 300 points each and one AC box that gives 500 points. All of them at the very end of the alley that has trees and so.

Try to focus also on the jars and barrels. Obviously, do not miss when throwing them into the mark. If you are far way, fly high and throw, then press L to immediately get back to the ground, or if there are none valuable objects nearby, fly towards where there is some.

Wow. I knew this game would be cool, but I didn't think I'd just....LIKE it so much when I started playing. The music is beautiful, it looks gorgeous, I love how I can do things my own way....if I want to run around the city I can, if I want to gravitate through the city, I can....I'm still early on but I just love what we got here. Absolutely fantastic.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Will try out the Chapter 9 boss again tomorrow. I need to have my composure tonight and tomorrow and not be sick, so...

Anyway, it's just come to my attention that violinist Hijiri Kuwano played on this game's album (well, for one song, but y'know). If you have any experience with Masashi Hamauzu's albums or Chrono Cross's OST, you'll be very familiar with Kuwano's work. Edit: Holy shit, Kuwano is on Rhythm Kaitou too. :O

And you have guitarist Masayuki Chiyo on here too. He did work on the Hyrule Symphony album for OoT, Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (which had amazing guitar work at times), FFIX's soundtrack, FFXIII's OST, Last Ranker's OST, and FFXI's OST.

Welp. Looks like I'm ordering the soundtracks for both Rhythm Kaitou and Gravity Daze. :lol

Grisby

Beat it last night. Man, they leave a lot unanswered although I think I figured a few key points out. (Major Spoilers)
Kat was some kind of Queen right? That was her in the castle in that earlier sequence. But she's the bringer of destruction? What?

The game was a lot of fun and, in many ways, a breath of fresh air. I had some complaints with the combat as there wasn't a lot of depth yet it still managed to be frustrating due to the looseness of the aiming while in flight. Kat's world, while impressive in scope, had very little to do and I wish they would have had some random missions pop up or more collectibles or something because it's very intricately detailed but theres not a lot of reasons to explore.

More mission variety would have been nice too and maybe a few more levels like
ch 15 where you have some platformey puzzles.
Instead a lot of missions ended with the game throwing an increasing number of baddies at you, which got tiresome after a while.

Overall though I think this is a must have vita game. When things click they com together extremely well and the gravity mechanic, that sensation of flight, never got tiring for me. The game has loads of personality and charm and it was great to play as a main character who is at least smiles more then 5 times throughout the adventure.
Just beat it. Loved it but
the ending seemed rushed.
Yeah, I needz a sequel.

Grisby

I need that end credits song too, shit needs to be up on Itunes. I don't suppose there's an easy way to purchase it somewhere (need my hands on a Dragons Dogma OST as well).

spats

What's up with the second mission of the military pack DLC? It says I need to
put out the fires on the ship by picking up the fire extinguishers and throwing them into the fire, but the sky is INFESTED with monsters that keep shooting shit at you so I can't pick up an extinguisher without getting hit. If I get hit, the extinguisher disappears and I can't find new ones anywhere. I tried to kill a bunch of the monsters too but I think they just kept spawning.

snap0212

I didn't like the Demo for the game that much but I wanted to have a new game for the system so I bought it a few days ago. I really love the art style and the story seems nice as well. That + the gameplay being incredibly fun makes it a worthwhile game.

However, I want to punch the person who thought it would be a good idea to force some gyro-controls into this game. There is absolutely no reason why I couldn't use the shoulder buttons to activate the gravity slide, not a single one. Gyro-controls should only be used if they work better than regular control schemes, which isn't the case here. I hope developers move away from this forced gyro crap really fast, it's annoying. If you think it's a good idea, make it optional. I've checked the manual and the settings but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable them.

However, I want to punch the person who thought it would be a good idea to force some gyro-controls into this game. There is absolutely no reason why I couldn't use the shoulder buttons to activate the gravity slide, not a single one.
Well, considering the shoulders already do gravity-related functions, it could be awkward to have that particular config, where you accidentally press the L button a half-second earlier than the R button and go falling off into space. Not that that would happen too often, but the possibility is there.

Wow. I knew this game would be cool, but I didn't think I'd just....LIKE it so much when I started playing. The music is beautiful, it looks gorgeous, I love how I can do things my own way....if I want to run around the city I can, if I want to gravitate through the city, I can....I'm still early on but I just love what we got here. Absolutely fantastic.

yeah, it's definitely made my all-time 'flawed masterpiece' short list :) . the graphics, the soundtrack, & the low-key sense of humor compliment each other perfectly. it's taken me somewhere very unique (something i pretty much no longer really expect from even very good games), which is about as high a compliment as i can give it...

best game on the vita, & likely best game i'll play this year. huge thanks to everyone who made this amazing game happen...

snap0212

Well, considering the shoulders already do gravity-related functions, it could be awkward to have that particular config, where you accidentally press the L button a half-second earlier than the R button and go falling off into space. Not that that would happen too often, but the possibility is there.
Back touch would also be an option. Absolutely no downside to that one as it doesn't have any other function and it would mean that you could actually use a very responsive input method. :)

It's just a huge flaw and the majority of side missions I've tried made me use this feature. It wouldn't be as bad if it was used once but you're pretty much forced to use it and that's what I definitely don't like.

I ended up not using it that much in the end, though - since pretty much anywhere that isn't a challenge mission, you can use gravity falling instead, although that may end up being really difficult (that one rift world comes to mind).

TripOpt55

put out the fires on the ship by picking up the fire extinguishers and throwing them into the fire, but the sky is INFESTED with monsters that keep shooting shit at you so I can't pick up an extinguisher without getting hit. If I get hit, the extinguisher disappears and I can't find new ones anywhere. I tried to kill a bunch of the monsters too but I think they just kept spawning.

There are some fire exstinguishers on the right side of the ship that are easier to grab without getting hit for the initial fires, but you will eventually need to bring up water tower things from the ground because there are only three fire extinguishers anyway. That mission is kind of a hassle really. The monsters have to wait until both the city and ship fires are handled I think and they just annoy you in the meantime.

spats

There are some fire exstinguishers on the right side of the ship that are easier to grab without getting hit for the initial fires, but you will eventually need to bring up water tower things from the ground because there are only three fire extinguishers anyway. That mission is kind of a hassle really. The monsters have to wait until both the city and ship fires are handled I think and they just annoy you in the meantime.

I see! Thanks a lot!

It sucks.

Protip: City first, Ship second.

Though I didn't do it like that, so I could be giving you shitty advice for all I know, I just wish I had done it that way to begin with.

JordanKZ

Well... That's the Platinum done and all the trophies for the first DLC pack... Just gotta wait on the other 2 DLC to come out now :)

Shame you can't fully level up till the DLC gets released >_>

So anyone wants to take a shot at discussing the story? A lot of it has to be inferred from random conversations so maybe we can piece it together

1.- Who is Kat?
Apparently, just like there is a city below, there are many cities above. Kat seems to come from that city.

2.- Who is Raven?
It looks like Raven comes from the same city that Kat, therefore the same powers. It also looks that she is the same little girl that lived with the lost kids for a while and then dissapeared.

3.- Who was Alias? Or at least who was he in Kat's dream?
Just a wild guess, but I'd say it was Syd. I can't imagine any other relevant character from this game being him.

4.- Why did alias want the gems?
5.- Who are Cyanea and Gade and what is the extend of their powers?
6.- What is the ark?
7.- Why the children never grew old? (Also the city seems to pack way to many residents for just a bus)
8.- What are "The drifts"?
9.- What were the mayor true intentions? Why he wanted pieces of the city to remain in the drifts? What was that sphere he got at the end?
10.- If this whole world is just a dream, are the storm and nevis some kind of metaphor for something else?

Feel free to respond/add more questions.

I bought the physical copy of this game....

Does the dlc came with a code?? or is included in the game???

I´m not from us, so that´s why I´m asking D:

Top Bottom