• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Chatin

The game has had its impact. I started up Infamous 2, ran toward a building, and then attempted to alter gravity. Boy did I feel stupid.

Shockamoto

Neo Member
God I love this game! The gravity thing is blast to mess around with. As was said earlier this games proves open world can be done on the Vita. Much to my surprise I feel so drawn in, so much like I'm in a world. Anyone else get a bit motion sick yet? Lol, that was the immersion icing on the cake for me.

Koroviev

God I love this game! The gravity thing is blast to mess around with. As was said earlier this games proves open world can be done on the Vita. Much to my surprise I feel so drawn in, so much like I'm in a world. Anyone else get a bit motion sick yet? Lol, that was the immersion icing on the cake for me.

Yep.

only
20ish
chapters? Do the missions get longer? Early missions seem take like 10mins top.

And i think it might just be me, but the whole grab and throw mechanic seems pretty wonky. Don't like how it auto floats you when you press O. And i can't really tell which objects are grabbable.

Only just reached the 2nd zone (entertainment place), but my opinions of the game is so-so. Kat is cute and the core gravity mechanics are fun, but everything else seems... meh.

The missions do get longer

It's pretty easy to distinguish what can be picked up and what can't, you'll be using it a fair bit later so you'll get used to it - just tap L once you've grab the item to land on your feet - having her float automatically with the grab is actually quite effective to getting a clean landing from a fall, just tap circle as you're about to hit land

Anyone elses save time bugged? Mine says around 4 hours so far.. and I've probably played about that much just tonight
I'm probably skirting around the 15 hour mark now

The fact that there is no "restart mission" option when doing time trial-y stuff is just incredibly frustrating. Your only options are to a) finish it even if you know you've fucked up, or b) cancel the mission, wait for the game to load, start the mission again, wait for the mission to load again. Rage. Stunning oversight considering the rest of the game's menus/"presentation" is surprisingly good for a Japanese game.

Anyone elses save time bugged? Mine says around 4 hours so far.. and I've probably played about that much just tonight
The play time reseted on me when I had completely ended the game. After firing it up again and then saving after a while the 2.5hrs I had on the clock were gone. And only the half hour I just played was there.

You can try this perhaps I'm not with my Vita right now.

The fact that there is no "restart mission" option when doing time trial-y stuff is just incredibly frustrating. Your only options are to a) finish it even if you know you've fucked up, or b) cancel the mission, wait for the game to load, start the mission again, wait for the mission to load again. Rage. Stunning oversight considering the rest of the game's menus/"presentation" is surprisingly good for a Japanese game.

I think someone posted something from Toyama giving the reason for this, that for some reason having the ability to retry would have been very difficult to implement, not sure why though

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I haven't played it much this weekend (been savoring it), but I'll probably put in a little bit of time with it tonight before bed.

I'm around Episode 11 or 12 at the moment. Still very much in love with this game.

I had some initial trouble with the Episode 7 boss
Raven, I think?
, then I remembered that I had Stasis, and could throw things at it. That really, really helped. I wished I had remembered sooner, because it took no time to bring them down after that.

Grisby

Quick yes or no. I can go back to the world and all of the
rifts, time trials, etc.
even after beating the game right?

Quick yes or no. I can go back to the world and all of the
rifts, time trials, etc.
even after beating the game right?

Yes.

right after you beat boss theyll ask if you want to save....hit yes and you can revisit everything

this really needs to be in OP.

I was just about to come ask this. I am on chapter 9 and it says I have 3 hours logged. I probably put that much in on the first day. Up to the end of chapter nine I have explored about every area and collected most gems and have gotten gold on every challenge to this point. All that would definitely take more than 3 hours. Not to mention I love getting on top of a train or now air boat and going first person and just using the gyro to take in the scenery. Such a lovely game.

PS. Loving the combat, such a new take and for me it just clicks.

Just finished it, loved the game and I didn't really minded the hit or miss combat. The only downside is
the clusterfuck that is its plot. What the fuck is wrong with japanese developers and contrieved plots.

Not really spoilers but some people are way too sensitive.

Chatin

Lots of cool concepts and world-building, but no conclusions for anything. Hopefully if a sequel is made, they deal with some of these concepts.

jgmo870

Banned
Just finished it, loved the game and I didn't really minded the hit or miss combat. The only downside is
the clusterfuck that is its plot. What the fuck is wrong with japanese developers and contrieved plots.

Not really spoilers but some people are way too sensitive.

I really liked the plot. The game said quite a bit without saying much at all, you just have to make some connections. Like with Alias.

TripOpt55

I am going back for Golds on challenges now. The sliding controls suck. I have managed to get golds on the challenges I have tried for, but not without some garbage runs due to the sliding controls being crappy. Not big on the swiping to dodge either, but I have sort of gotten used to it.

MBison

Ok so I'm on Chapter 8, need help with a situation

I found the optional? boss down below the second flower. He's like a big hulk with like 6 or so hot spots. I have tried to beat him many times and get close to all of his spots but just dont have enough health and health pickups. What do you get for beating him? Can I come back later and do it? I want to kill him :(

Any tips, etc would be appreciated.

TripOpt55

Ok so I'm on Chapter 8, need help with a situation

I found the optional? boss down below the second flower. He's like a big hulk with like 6 or so hot spots. I have tried to beat him many times and get close to all of his spots but just dont have enough health and health pickups. What do you get for beating him? Can I come back later and do it? I want to kill him :(

Any tips, etc would be appreciated.

You can come back later when you have more upgrades for health and attack power. That is what I did. You get some gems for beating him is all I think. And a trophy. Make sure to use the dodge too.

Ken

So in terms of upgrading stuff, what are the 'must haves', or what is the 'order priority'?

Reduced energy consumption/more energy (whichever it is) is definitely a priority IMO.

Allows you stay in gravity mode longer which helps with some of the platforming.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is going to be me complaining about Chapter 9's boss.

I know exactly what to do, but this fucker makes me sick to my stomach. I had to go throw up twice because the damn camera swings itself in directions that I don't want it to and I get ridiculously nauseous because of it giving me motion sickness. No, just fucking no.

I'll try this again tomorrow, but this game really makes me feel sick a lot.

SmokyDave

Only had a chance to play until Chapter 4 last night, but I'm really enjoying myself so far. Love the controls and the feeling of 'flight' as I zip around the place slapping fools and collecting gems. Really looking forward to getting home and getting involved again.

Because of this weird mentality I've got, I've held off on playing Gravity Rush despite owning it since Friday, just so I can platinum Max Payne 3 and get it the hell over with. Hopefully, fingers crossed, today I can reach level 50 in MP3's godforsaken multiplayer and finally focus all my attention on this guaranteed gem.

Dunan

DLC question: if you buy the physical Japanese version but your Vita is connected to a US PSN account, is there any way of getting the DLC?

Because the little used game shop on my street has the physical game, used, for ¥3700, and it's just begging to be bought by me. But my Vita has a US account attached to it.

xxczx

DLC question: if you buy the physical Japanese version but your Vita is connected to a US PSN account, is there any way of getting the DLC?

Because the little used game shop on my street has the physical game, used, for ¥3700, and it's just begging to be bought by me. But my Vita has a US account attached to it.
I don't think DLC is region free. (I think the PS3 had some region free DLC but not much)

JordanKZ

Get your evade to highest level.
Flick, flick, flick.
Gravity kick.

Completely agree. Oh and retreat for health. It doesn't heal or anything so that's usually a good tactic.

Finished the game last night. Not a huge fan of the DLC, but the main game was amazing on so many levels. Going to try for a platinum this week... Just got challenges to do, which are pretty easy once you're high level.

Been playing through the game for a couple of hours....Really getting into it. But how do I change costumes? I have
Got my own place
but there isn't a way to change or to even get the dlc costumes. Help?

SmokyDave

Been playing through the game for a couple of hours....Really getting into it. But how do I change costumes? I have
Got my own place

Go
home (do I really need to spoiler this?)
and it's the top-right option. I only have the standard costume so far and the DLC costume doesn't unlock until after Chapter 17 (I'm on Chapter 4).

xxczx

Got my own place
You get the change after a certain chapter (it'll tell you)

Got my own place

Play the game a wee bit further (a few chapters or so) and you'll have a new outfit to change into

Top Bottom