• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wow. This game certainly hasn't been worth the nearly 6 month wait.
Or all of the grief during the past 10 days over my broken Vita's in-warranty repair process.
Pity.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I really loved that chapter, so good. And Kat is just too cute in that chapter. :p

Just did that chapter, too. Really loved the fight. I've gotten used to the controls by now, flying all over the place is great.

Just done the first fight with R
aven
That was awesome

And that one, too. Fighting in the air gets so crazy sometimes. I really love it. Best thing is to turn around and see that the whole city turned upside down while you were flying around.

Ken

I'm on Episode 7 now

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7235/7382369684_325d90cdc3.jpg[IMG]

I gotta say, the art design is just superb, all of the characters, even the NPCs are designed well[/QUOTE]

Schoolgirl Kat. <3

[quote][URL=http://minus.com/l2MnHHiV0nOGm][IMG]http://i.minus.com/j2MnHHiV0nOGm.jpg[/URL]

The English version doesn't have watermarks on the screencaps?

Carl

Just done the first fight with R
aven
That was awesome
The visuals for the whole of that area were great

Just did that chapter, too. Really loved the fight. I've gotten used to the controls by now, flying all over the place is great.

And that one, too. Fighting in the air gets so crazy sometimes. I really love it. Best thing is to turn around and see that the whole city turned upside down while you were flying around.

I loved that fight too. And yeah seeing the city completely upside down is cool. Although as i said earlier, it briefly confuses me about which way is up :p I hit L1 then start flying in a different direction than i thought i would, lol.

Schoolgirl Kat. <3

The English version doesn't have watermarks on the screencaps?

I love that costume :) And nope, no watermarks in English version

Grisby

Anyone else snapping a lot of in game screenies? The art direction is so awesome I feel like every scene is a good shot. I love that the Vita has this feature.

How do you take in-game screen shots by the way? Think I glanced over it in the manual or didn't really pay too much attention to it

Up to Chap. 13 now.
So much free falling in Chap. 12 O_O

Takao

Banned
How do you take in-game screen shots by the way? Think I glanced over it in the manual or didn't really pay too much attention to it

Up to Chap. 13 now.
So much free falling in Chap. 12 O_O

It's a Vita OS function. Just press the home button and start at the same time. It works in practically every Vita game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Damn, accidentally skipped the cutscene at the end of episode 7. :(

I hate when I miss a panel in a comic-scene by swiping too fast. I automatically "back-swipe" thinking it will take me back to the last panel I missed but it advances it instead, so I end up missing 2 panels. :(
I haven't tried this yet, but according to the manual, a simple press of the circle button will apparently take you back one panel. #themoreyouknow

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm in Episode 11/12 now and holy shit
at the new city/downtown area! It's so awesome looking and vertical! I love that French/European look to the game

I'm also getting pretty damn good at the Gravity Slide.

My advice to some people that just aren't feeling it is to keep at it. Eventually you'll just get better at it. It's inevitable with repetition.

I'm also finding new ways to keep the combat entertaining for me. Mixing it up more often than just relying on Gravity Kick all the time. That's still probably my one real issue with the game so far.

Ardenyal

Anyone else snapping a lot of in game screenies? The art direction is so awesome I feel like every scene is a good shot. I love that the Vita has this feature.
Yeah, game looks amazing.. Shame about the low res, wish they fix that for the eventual sequel.
7375970170_d071d0c789_b_d.jpg

Chatin

Loading times when retrying challenges are seriously 30 seconds. Even worse when you know you screwed up a run and you have to finish the challenge before you can choose to retry.

Shahed

Is it weird that I own the game and am yet to buy a Vita?

Game looks amazing but buying a Vita is pointless for me now since there are still several console games I wish to play. If I were to buy a Vita now, I probably wouldn't play it.

Gotta support games like this though. Shopto's pre-order DLC also helped convince me...

Eusis

Unless the game is shiteous like RBS and they turn it off, lol!
I can understand why it MIGHT have happened in UMvC3, it's easy for there to be dumb licensing/contract crap with Marvel that blocks it from being put it. I don't however understand why Resistance blocked it, did it come late in development and they weren't sure they could put in well so they didn't bother, or were they assholes?

I just beat A
lias
That was actually pretty tricky, I was using the second unlocked special to try and wipe his health before the regen but it turns out the first special you unlock is actually way more effective
she spears through and takes out both arms and swoops in and hits Alias himself like 3 times, doing massive damage in one attack
you could probably beat beat him with two of those

I really dig Kat. It's refreshing to have a protagonist lose their memory but not be so mopey/whiney/depressing about it.

Gotta keep moving forward! No rest for gravity Kat.

Setre

I’m about to begin Chapter 9 and really enjoying the game so far. That
Raven
fight was really fun and
schoolgirl
Kat is best Kat.

Just beat the game. Definitely one of my favorite games of the past 3 years. Everything just clicked with me. I actually went and platinumed it - the only other game I've done that for is DJ Hero.

Can't wait for the DLC.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm currently in episode 8, specifically in the
alternate dimension/lava area,
and I was wondering if it's possible to
defeat the giant Nevi at bottom of the second area.
Kat keeps saying
her powers are ineffective, etc.
Am I supposed to complete this part now or can I revisit it later with upgraded powers?

TripOpt55

I just finished it. Excellent game. Going to go back for more trophies and to play the the DLC and just explore about a bit. Also Kat is just plain fun. What a nice character.

JohngPR

After hearing so many people have complaints about fighting
Alias on Chapter 9, I was surprised by how easily I beat him. It was hard to hit his tentacles, but if you used Kat's screw attack, the boss fight wasn't too bad at all.

So after you beat this game, can you go back and finish up challenges or do you have to keep an old save handy for that?

Chatin

Kat keeps saying
Am I supposed to complete this part now or can I revisit it later with upgraded powers?
Your special powers cannot be used on the Rare Nevi. You'll have to take it on with your Gravity Kicks.

You should probably wait until you've leveled up your abilities before expecting to come out victorious.

Diebuster

Kat keeps saying

You can revisit it later in the game.
Gade lets you return to those areas after episode 11.

Kyon

Banned
Your special powers cannot be used on the Rare Nevi. You'll have to take it on with your Gravity Kicks.

You should probably wait until you've leveled up your abilities before expecting to come out victorious.

what does it give you if you defeat it?

Plasma

Banned
Anyone want a code for the military costume DLC? I got a code with the game but because I'm using my US account I can't redeem it.

xxczx

Finished! Playtime 8hrs and 7mins.
I felt I rushed it since I only went for story missions but I'm so bad at this game I would never be able to do the challenges. ;-;

Started playing Gravity Rush today, currently having played around 2 hours. I love this game so much, the art, sound and general gravity mechanics are all wonderfully magical.

Top Bottom