• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is there any optimal setting for camera sensitivity or should I just keep it at max?

Just finished chapter 4. Love the cheerful music and presentation.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
This still isn't up on my PSN store... Sony...

So, I'm thinking on going retail. However, would you guys pay $25 more for the retail version?

Vlodril

Is there any optimal setting for camera sensitivity or should I just keep it at max?

Just finished chapter 4. Love the cheerful music and presentation.

Try various levels to see what suits you. Most people say camera low and motion high but i couldn't use the gravity slide until i put it low. Now its quite easy.

Durante

I've played this up to chapter 5. I like it a lot, the controls are good, and the art style and setting are charming. I also like that the challenges are actually challenging, that makes getting upgrades more satisfying.

I do wish that the IQ was better, but that's my only gripe with the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chapter 7 now. It seems to be picking up! :O

I have to say that I really like the artstyle and stylistic decisions for the game (ex: NPCs/PCs... character portraits... comic art) in general. It's quite refreshing in that regard.

Might need to play it in spurts, though, just so I don't get dizzy all the time.

I feel your pain! I'm usually okay, but it's getting to me a little right now for some reason. :p

The last game that made me queasy every now and then was probably FFXIII with its spinny, swoopy battle camera.

Oh well. Maybe I just need to digest a little more...before going...upside down...*covers mouth*
Man, I try not to eat a lot before I play games that make me really dizzy. :lol

It's likely because the camera swoops in quite quickly and in places you don't really expect when you press R. It is kind of like FFXIII's camera in terms of speed and swooping when pressing R, only it's fixated on one person and it seems to go in corners which you don't expect it to.

Like, I appreciate that the game goes "right-side-up" when you're upside down or at the side of a building.

I'm also on the list of people who get nauseous from the game and I never in my life got like that from any game before. Though I got used to it by now, after I just
trashed Alias.
Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one getting motion sickness from this. I get sick from playing quite a few games (ex: any FPS, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, etc.), so I feel like I'm prone to it more than others.

Berksy

Got my plat just now.

Writing some spoiler stuff about the story now. Should I open a spoiler thread or dump my black box text here?

Carl

Just did the chapter with
Newt and Echo
. Loved it. Such a great chapter. And Kat is just a cutie isn't she? Haha

Cudder

Damn, accidentally skipped the cutscene at the end of episode 7. :(

I hate when I miss a panel in a comic-scene by swiping too fast. I automatically "back-swipe" thinking it will take me back to the last panel I missed but it advances it instead, so I end up missing 2 panels. :(

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I hate when I miss a panel in a comic-scene by swiping too fast. I automatically "back-swipe" thinking it will take me back to the last panel I missed but it advances it instead, so I end up missing 2 panels. :(
Pressing the circle button takes you back a panel, but that doesn't help when I miss the very last panel of a comic. :(

zoku88

I've done this before XD. 'Tis how smartphones trained us.

Berksy

MEGA SPOILERS:

Also putting naughty Kat pics so that black block of hidden text is a little more bearable.

OK5Nm.jpg

As many of you already know the game's ending is a little bit lolwut, also there are times game goes out of its good pacing with some unexplained things in between. So these are the things i gathered;

Kat wakes up in Hekseville without her memories. An interstellar pussy grants her gravity powers and guides her. This is a bit shamanistic, as Raven also got an animal with same qualities.
Hekseville is placed on a pillar. Down the pillar there is gravity storm, which spawns creatures called Nevi. Gravity storm is rising and gonna destroy the city sometime. Up the pillar is the place Kat fell from, also the apple we touch at the start of the game fell forum upside of pillar and Kat gains special powers from apple trees in game. In the hypnosis sequence with blue haired girl (which is also shamanistic) we learn that Kat is a Queen of some sorts up the pillar (this is also mentioned by space-time traveler scientist's waifu), living in a castle. She wiped her memory to run from something/forget something, probably her world coming to an end because of her mistake maybe? Or her people expelled her? It is not very clear, though scientist waifu mentions people caught to gravity storm enters deep sleep).
If we call Hekseville time flow normal, down the pillar has slower time. Remember the school bus gossip, Raven was one of the children that fell down but she somehow got powers (probably from Ark which i believe fell from upside of pillar) and went to Hekseville. She aged faster there as Zoro and chaps stayed as kids. Upside the pillar time flows faster as mentioned by scientist waifu.
Scientist also mentions us about time relativity and how his gravity generator teared space-time and shit while phasing in and out like 8 times. His wife says she saw another pillar and it was another world, so there might be more pillar. BUT! She says she saw someone like Kat who wore queen stuff which means she might probably just traveling in time and thinking she saw different places.
On Kat being a Queen; that new mayor knows about the queen. Also that commander knows shit storm is just about to begin too. We are clearly pointed to a sequel in the ending. LETS JUST HOPE SONY COMES WITH A SEQUEL AMIRITE?
Then there are creators; that old fella and blue haired girl who harbors a "guardian of the dream" (i am not very good with names). Old fella says "i created the world but have no effect on it now." B.H.G. says "It was all a dream / I used to read Word Up magazine". Now i am not sure what she mentions as a dream. And she stops that policeman rescuing Kat as "things should go according to the dream" and then " this is the last time i interfere with dream".
Last, but not least, kids who are sleeping in the Ark will wake up when some serious stuff is going to happen, which is going u the pillar i guess.

Things i don't know:
Who is Alias & who is the man Kat saw in her dream?
What is Navi? They have symbiotic features on humans.
Who are creators?

eDNAQ.jpg

So this monster in the second rift world ("that one's different from the others"), can it be beaten the first time through? Can't figure out how to hurt it. Edit: Think I got it. Edit edit: Maybe not, thought I made progress but I still can't hurt it.

Carl

So this monster in the second rift world ("that one's different from the others"), can it be beaten the first time through? Can't figure out how to hurt it. Edit: Think I got it. Edit edit: Maybe not, thought I made progress but I still can't hurt it.

I just did that part too and couldn't kill the bastard

Oldschool

Just platinum'ed the game and 100%'ed the military dlc! Cant wait for the others! :D

You better go there when you upgrade your gravity kick to at least level 5.

Stay a bit far from him, and when he is about to punch you, swipe the screen to evade, then give one or two gravity kicks. Repeat till he is down.

If your health gets low, get out and pick up some green orbs.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat the game. The ending was good enough for me,
its open-endedness pretty much assures that they're thinking of a sequel, which will have all my money when it comes out.

And now to work on the post-game!

Takao

Banned
I stole this from reddit, 4 easter eggs in the game:

1. When in-game, tapping Kat on the screen makes her look around uncomfortably as if someone touched her posterior.

2. Tapping Dusty (your cat) causes him to disappear in a puff of smoke. He'll reappear after a short while, as he normally does when he falls behind after you travel too fast.

3. When you're inside your weird makeshift pipe house, you can pinch-to-zoom to get a closer look at the house, and, incidentally, Kat.

4. Tapping Dusty when inside your aforementioned pipe house makes him make various adorable cat noises.

xxczx

Running around the city would be much more enjoyable if it wasn't for the dodgy camera when you walk up/down stairs.

Lockon

Took forever, but finally got the game in the mail today. At least I was able to platinum'd Atelier Meruru while waiting for this game. Hope I enjoy the game like everyone else posted here!

Grisby

Ch15, shit gettin real.

1. When in-game, tapping Kat on the screen makes her look around uncomfortably as if someone touched her posterior.

2. Tapping Dusty (your cat) causes him to disappear in a puff of smoke. He'll reappear after a short while, as he normally does when he falls behind after you travel too fast.

3. When you're inside your weird makeshift pipe house, you can pinch-to-zoom to get a closer look at the house, and, incidentally, Kat.

4. Tapping Dusty when inside your aforementioned pipe house makes him make various adorable cat noises.
Not really story spoilers as I took one for the team. I would have never thought to do any of that.

solarus

Cool, I had already done all this stuff anyway though, hoping there's more.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is anyone else absolutely terrible at this game? I'm literally having the opposite problem I had with Kid Icarus--the ground fights feel really great, but anytime I need to use gravity in a fight, it becomes incredibly frustrating, and I keep finding myself disoriented and wishing I could slow everything down. Boss fights are taking about twenty-five minutes because I can't aim to save my life.

I'm really liking everything else about the game, but I'm dreading each time Kat has to use her gravity abilities, which is obviously a lot. Fantastic art direction and soundtrack though, I just wish there was a stupidly easy mode for people like me.

jgmo870

Banned
Is anyone else absolutely terrible at this game? I'm literally having the opposite problem I had with Kid Icarus--the ground fights feel really great, but anytime I need to use gravity in a fight, it becomes incredibly frustrating, and I keep finding myself disoriented and wishing I could slow everything down. Boss fights are taking about twenty-five minutes because I can't aim to save my life.

I'm really liking everything else about the game, but I'm dreading each time Kat has to use her gravity abilities, which is obviously a lot. Fantastic art direction and soundtrack though, I just wish there was a stupidly easy mode for people like me.

Fights are about noticing patterns in enemy attacks and then attacking during your window of opportunity. You also have to make the call whether you want to go for mid-to-long attacks (strong but easier to dodge) and short range attacks (less powerful but more likely to hit - soft lock-on helps too). If you're missing often, you probably need to change your strategy.

Also, you can move Kat while she's doing her gravity kick w/the left stick. You can quickly press the square button too after shifting the camera a bit to make her attack something else.

As you rank up your attacks the autoaim gets better.
The disorientation issues I had as well and had them the whole game but you get used to it somewhat

Carl

The main problem i have is i keep forgetting which way is up. I know Kat's hair and scarf always adhere the normal rules of gravity, but it still confuses me somehow.

Even so...

Mzo

The main problem i have is i keep forgetting which way is up. I know Kat's hair and scarf always adhere the normal rules of gravity, but it still confuses me somehow.

Even so...
Try pressing down on the dpad in the air. I never really use it because I like being upside down and whatnot but it recenters your camera with the proper orientation.

Grisby

No, as the game progresses and more enemies come up I'm disliking the combat more and more. There's a soft lock of some sorts but I wish there was a hard one. Then again, I guess that would make the game a complete cakewalk.

Carl

Try pressing down on the dpad in the air. I never really use it because I like being upside down and whatnot but it recenters your camera with the proper orientation.

Oh nice, thanks. Must have missed that! That'll help a lot. Thank you.

I'm having absolutely none of the problems with the combat that you'd think one would have with this game, rather I just get annoyed with enemies (notably the fourth boss so far) who like to move around a lot making gravity kicking their weak spots super annoying.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The boss fight involving E
cho
is Toyama to the core :lol It's totally like a Siren thing

Yeah, that was very Siren. I didn't think about it when I played it, but now that you mentioned it.

Kat is just so great. She's not at all brooding and melodramatic. She's just fun to play as and listen to. ITSJUSTFUCKINFUNMAN.gif

Oni Jazar

I just started this game but it's amazing. Love the feeling you get flying through the air and I love how the town is structured! Amazing world!

Top Bottom