• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

persongr

QFqQc.jpg

This specific scene made me associate the game with Poe's "Black Cat", although there is absolutely no connection between them (well, besides the cat of course). :p

I'm loving the game so far, at first Kat's powers were confusing me but after more stuff is unlocked the battles are becoming interesting. Clumsy, but interesting.

Story spoiler follows:
I absolutely adored the first fight (don't know if there are more) with Raven, it was great

Also, i do like the soundtrack, especially the piece on the backround (not heavy spoiler)
when you reach the second part of the town

Edit: Congrats on the absolutely great OT ;)

I already wondered why there's no OT for this, glad to see Takao is back and fixed this, welcome back! :D My Amazon EU copy still hasn't budged but seeing it's listed for the 15th I guess that's no surprise. I soo cannot wait for this game, it's one the reasons I wanted a Vita. And that's a very well done OT that does the beautiful style of the game justice, I love the images. :)

And I love your new avatar Takao! :p

Takao

Banned
So I just checked on NeoGAF mobile, and the link to the text based post works! Hopefully no more complaints. ;)

Takao

Banned
Ha!

Is it fair to only quote users who praised the game?

Looking to see what the rest of you think after beating this.

The reception section is ... meh. The only negative opinions were from people who solely played the demo. Everyone who played the JP release seemed very happy.

I was gonna link to the Asda store because they're still selling the game for £25.00, but I've noticed they're out of stock now. Good thing in a way, I guess.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Woot! Great OT! I've had this pre-ordered since forever, definitely looking forward to getting it in. My Vita has seen a lot of action lately (Resistance: Burning Skies and Virtua Tennis 4). I'm really loving this little system.

3 dlc? I thought it was only the one from preordering. Great news about additional ones, probably will buy em if I like the game (which I think I will).

Wait, what?

Trolled. I think this can't go to PS3, and if it does, they're making a big mistake. The guys on podcast beyond had a good point - the Vita needs more original, fun IPs that are ONLY on Vita, that's what encourages sales.

A random note is that I originally had this game and Lollipop Chainsaw preordered but since both are coming on the same day.. I had to make a choice and went with Gravity Rush :) This game is easily going after my heart, plus it needs more support IMO. I'll just get Lollipop Chainsaw later.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm almost done with the game. The scale of the world is pretty spectacular in my opinion, not to mention kinda crazy, as big as compared to most open world games.

Luigi87

Nice OP.
The change in avatar threw me.

Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. Has long been my most anticipated Vita title.

Wonko_C

I'm almost done with the game. The scale of the world is pretty spectacular in my opinion, not to mention kinda crazy, as big as compared to most open world games.

That is great to hear and kind of a relief to me, as I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the open world was quite small a few weeks ago.

I wanted a physical copy of this (love the box art) but stores around my area will have the game a week later at best and it will be way overpriced VS the digital version, that and I want this game yesterday.

This got me even more excited. So it really is open world? I gush over open world games, especially when they're done well and are fun to explore in. This game just looks gorgeous every time I see videos or play the demo on my Vita.

Diamond

Glad you guys like the banners and the thread, we had this planned for a long time but ended up finishing things in a bit of a rush (no pun intended) because I was a little late on schedule (just saw I forgot to draw Kat's arm-wear-thingies on several banners), so it's cool to see people appreciating the effort.

Now I should buy a Vita and play this game, hope to read some good reviews from you all. :)

frequency

The poster above me...
... is that name really allowed here on GAF...? It's... you know...

About the game, I bought the Japanese version but haven't even opened it. I can't help but laugh at myself (I do this so often...). I'll buy the localized version too. Not sure which one I'll play though. The localized version comes with some of the DLC for free right?

Ken

The poster above me...
... is that name really allowed here on GAF...? It's... you know...

About the game, I bought the Japanese version but haven't even opened it. I can't help but laugh at myself (I do this so often...). I'll buy the localized version too. Not sure which one I'll play though. The localized version comes with some of the DLC for free right?

Pre-order bonus, I think.

Skidd

Here we go, it has been too long! But as much as I want this right now, I can't get it at the moment :( (Gonna wait for Assassin's Creed and White Vita)

Where my bundle and price drop at Sony? Oh well, great fan art will cheer me up..

Takao

Banned
Glad you guys like the banners and the thread, we had this planned for a long time but ended up finishing things in a bit of a rush (no pun intended) because I was a little late on schedule (just saw I forgot to draw Kat's arm-wear-thingies on several banners), so it's cool to see people appreciating the effort.

Now I should buy a Vita and play this game, hope to read some good reviews from you all. :)

Haha your art is great! I didn't even notice the missing arm bands until you mentioned them.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This got me even more excited. So it really is open world? I gush over open world games, especially when they're done well and are fun to explore in. This game just looks gorgeous every time I see videos or play the demo on my Vita.

World spoilers:

there are 4 districts in the town you go to, they have a small-medium sized scale. Later on there will be a huge ass column-like area you have to climb down, which has a really crazy scale (probably bigger than the overall town from what I've seen), then there will be another small district down below.

Ken

Not sure if I should put down $40 for this even though I've beaten my import copy. It's a great game but there's really not a whole lot of replay value in it after getting the platinum, IMO. The challenges are nice but those are really designed for score-chasers, which I am not one (even though I did get top 10 in one of the challenges on the JPN Leaderboard :O).

Edit: Nevermind, just ordered it because whatever.

What happened to free Release Day Shipping for Amazon Prime members? I have to pay one-day shipping for RDD?

Kaldea

I preordered this the second I was able to and I still don't have a Vita. Will start looking for deals once I get my game. This always looked awesome.

VanWinkle

Great thread.

Question. I pre-ordered this game from Newegg when it was on sale for $29.99. Do games from Newegg have release-day shipping? If not, it will be disappointing. :(

frequency

Not sure if I should put down $40 for this even though I've beaten my import copy. It's a great game but there's really not a whole lot of replay value in it after getting the platinum, IMO. The challenges are nice but those are really designed for score-chasers, which I am not one (even though I did get top 10 in one of the challenges on the JPN Leaderboard :O).

Edit: Nevermind, just ordered it because whatever.

What happened to free Release Day Shipping for Amazon Prime members? I have to pay one-day shipping for RDD?

You don't understand Japanese right? So at least it might be worth it for the story stuff?

Top Bottom