• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Did you play the JP version already? :O

How's the platinum for this one?

Asian/English version, came out last Friday and just got it the other day. :)

The plat seems easy. No missable trophies and nothing luck-based. After you complete the game, just do some clean-ups: gold trophy-ing the missions, collect (or grind for) 40,000 crystals, do some specific attacks to enemies which are around 3-4 trophies, and find certain people
it's a side story where you find a couple that appear all around town.

I'll do a review once I platinum this game.

B.O.O.M

I am getting this via Newegg so don't have the preorder bonuses. I'm hoping they will make the dlc available for purchase soon after

B.O.O.M

I thought all new copies of the game got the DLC.

I think in the NA it's only for amazon and gamestop. I asked Newegg and they said they won't be providing it. Kinda sucks but I got $10 off with buying it from them so I think ultimately it will be a good deal overall

blackflag

First problem ever with Amazon.

I got this and MGS ordered on the 6th. Gravity Rush showed release day delivery in my confirmation email. Like 2 seconds later, I updated my address, and I just found out that it changed my delivery date to Friday even though I never got an email saying that.

Oh well. Canceled both of them. Guess I'll have to go into GS tonight and try to order Gravity Rush and see if I still get the extra stuff.

/firstworldproblems

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Asian/English version, came out last Friday and just got it the other day. :)

The plat seems easy. No missable trophies and nothing luck-based. After you complete the game, just do some clean-ups: gold trophy-ing the missions, collect (or grind for) 40,000 crystals, do some specific attacks to enemies which are around 3-4 trophies, and find certain people
it's a side story where you find a couple that appear all around town.

I'll do a review once I platinum this game.
Ohhh, envious that you got it already. Thanks for the breakdown, Ultros! :)

That doesn't sound too bad, nor does it sound super-time consuming. I'm guessing the golds for the missions aren't that bad.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ohhh, envious that you got it already. Thanks for the breakdown, Ultros! :)

That doesn't sound too bad, nor does it sound super-time consuming. I'm guessing the golds for the missions aren't that bad.

I recommend maxing your stats before attempting the golds. The (not a story spoiler)
glidings and gravity races
are the hardest ones, they're all doable at least. You can get the platinum in 10-20 hours.

branny

I'm so freaking excited for this game. The importance of fun, interesting traversal is overlooked in way too many modern open world games.

Zen

Banned
This game will be awesome, it's probably the first game that I'm going to get when I pick up a Vita.

:( It looks like Amazon won't ship my copy until tomorrow. I ordered on the 7th, which I thought would be enough time to have them get it out today, but unfortunately it doesn't look that way. Oh well, it should still get here before my trip to Cancun! This will make a perfect addition to the vacation, playing it at the hotel every night before I go to sleep.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I recommend maxing your stats before attempting the golds. The (not a story spoiler)
glidings and gravity races
are the hardest ones, they're all doable at least. You can get the platinum in 10-20 hours.
Thanks for the advice. :)

Can't wait to play this. It's gonna be a long week before I can completely dive into it.

Aw yeah, my copy just shipped!

:( It looks like Amazon won't ship my copy until tomorrow. I ordered on the 7th, which I thought would be enough time to have them get it out today, but unfortunately it doesn't look that way. Oh well, it should still get here before my trip to Cancun! This will make a perfect addition to the vacation, playing it at the hotel every night before I go to sleep.

It could still ship today. I've had stuff ship out right before and after midnight before.

Apath

I think in the NA it's only for amazon and gamestop. I asked Newegg and they said they won't be providing it. Kinda sucks but I got $10 off with buying it from them so I think ultimately it will be a good deal overall
This trend is so fucking lame. -_-

AkuMifune

Banned
After their piss poor reviews of Golden Abyss and Wipeout 2048, I'm not surprised.

GB has 3 good reviewers, none of which have actually reviewed anything lately. Navarro is hit or miss. Either he loves a game, or just doesn't really get it. At least he's better than Klepek, who couldn't review his own bowel movements without consulting GAF first.

No one here should be surprised or let it effect their enjoyment of Gravity Rush.

It seems like for some there is something that just doesn't click for them with regards to Gravity Rush. Then they are left wondering why I am floating around again? As for review scores it is still in the high 80's on metacritic so overall reception from "Gaming Journalists" has been good. My biggest peeve is not with the reviewers themselves (opinions, they gots them) but with their viewers and readers taking only their review as judgement to buy.

StuBurns

Banned
If the game fails to sell, it won't be because of the reviews. This is arguably the second 'AAA' Vita game, Vita owners are going to buy it if they find it appealing, regardless of what the media says about it's quality.

Jb

GB has 3 good reviewers, none of which have actually reviewed anything lately. Navarro is hit or miss. Either he loves a game, or just doesn't really get it. At least he's better than Klepek, who couldn't review his own bowel movements without consulting GAF first.

I respect(ed) Alex as a movie critic so much more than as a game reviewer. So often it feels like he's the sidekick of the team, taking Jeff or Ryan's opinion on something at face value and constructing his entire review around it. Not saying his review of the game is misjudged since I haven't finished the game yet, but I trust his opinion on something like GR like I would trust Jeff's opinion on a J-SRPG.

Takao

Banned
There are certain games where reviews aren't needed. From January 27, 2011 one Vita game stood head and shoulders above everything else, and that's this game. Beautiful visuals, amazing music, and a sense of gameplay we've never experienced before already meant reviews were irrelevant. People like to tease Sony Japan for hardly making games, but when they do they make something like no one else can.

pwack

I was waiting to download tomorrow, but changed at the last minute to overnight shipment from Amazon. While I want the convenience of digital, I figured this game and the vita in general can benefit from an additional retail sale to tally in the NPD figures.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I completely screwed myself today!

I got up this morning, to check and see if Amazon had sent it, and saw a $39.99 charge in my bank account from AZ.

Excitedly, I check Amazon, and what do I see? They charged me for MGSHD, which I had also pre-ordered, and it wasn't supposed to ship until next week.

I only had enough to snag one or the other, and completely forgot that MGSHD released on the same day.

So, I scrambled and cancelled MGS, since GR is my most anticipated Vita game at the moment, and now I'm eagerly awaiting Amazon to refund me the money, so I can confirm my purchase of GR, and they can ship it! BAH! Looks like I won't be getting it tomorrow after all. :(

Takao

Banned
I was waiting to download tomorrow, but changed at the last minute to overnight shipment from Amazon. While I want the convenience of digital, I figured this game and the vita in general can benefit from an additional retail sale to tally in the NPD figures.

I don't believe Amazon is in the NPD report, lol.

For what it's worth I'll be getting 2 copies of the game depending on if the PSN version has the DLC. I preordered a copy at FutureShop but that store's crummy shipping could mean I get the game for next week. I got it for free so I don't mind actually paying for a copy of the game.

^ You certainly are dedicated to this game! As the day goes by, my excitement is truly building. I just played through the demo again, and I absolutely love it.

branny

There are certain games where reviews aren't needed. From January 27, 2011 one Vita game stood head and shoulders above everything else, and that's this game. Beautiful visuals, amazing music, and a sense of gameplay we've never experienced before already meant reviews were irrelevant. People like to tease Sony Japan for hardly making games, but when they do they make something like no one else can.
It's really sad that of all things has practically become a liability in this industry. :(

Top Bottom