• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Not sure if I should put down $40 for this even though I've beaten my import copy. It's a great game but there's really not a whole lot of replay value in it after getting the platinum, IMO. The challenges are nice but those are really designed for score-chasers, which I am not one (even though I did get top 10 in one of the challenges on the JPN Leaderboard :O).

Edit: Nevermind, just ordered it because whatever.

What happened to free Release Day Shipping for Amazon Prime members? I have to pay one-day shipping for RDD?

I'm a Prime member and I got release-date delivery for free. I think there's a cutoff date for getting RDD for free.

Great thread.

Question. I pre-ordered this game from Newegg when it was on sale for $29.99. Do games from Newegg have release-day shipping? If not, it will be disappointing. :(

You won't get it on release day unless you're lucky because I've never received anything on release day. But you should have it the next day, they ship via UPS.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
How the hell did this username get approved!

Tip-of-the-hat1.gif
I agree. It's annoying and insulting.

Ken

I'm a Prime member and I got release-date delivery for free. I think there's a cutoff date for getting RDD for free.

I see. That's news to me. Must be a pretty early cutoff date since I didn't get free RDD on Lollipop Chainsaw either, which I ordered on Sunday.

DR2K

Banned
From my experience with the demo, I saw a lot of potnetial. I'm holding off on a white Vita though.

Chris R

Thanks for finally adding a text based version of the OP for those of us who browse with images turned off! :D

Loved the demo just don't plan on buying this day 1. I'll get it eventually though.

Oldschool

Great job, Takao.

So is it confirmed the free pre-order dlc for those who buy on PSN USA? I can only see the news related to PSN EU.

Glad you guys like the banners and the thread, we had this planned for a long time but ended up finishing things in a bit of a rush (no pun intended) because I was a little late on schedule (just saw I forgot to draw Kat's arm-wear-thingies on several banners), so it's cool to see people appreciating the effort.

Now I should buy a Vita and play this game, hope to read some good reviews from you all. :)

Congratulation, awesome work on the art. : )

ttocs

I preordered this the second I was able to and I still don't have a Vita. Will start looking for deals once I get my game. This always looked awesome.

Now that is dedication to a game. Buying the game before you even own the system.

ttocs

If you try to sell a game that hasn't been released yet at Walmart, the register blocks you from doing so. And they follow their release dates to the letter. Maybe I should go and buy a copy for kicks.

Same thing with target. I remember I found MGS Peacewalker for the PSP like a week or two early at a Target by me and got really excited. The register wouldn't allow it to go through even though the older woman was really trying to get it to work.

ttocs

rabuuuuuu <33 :3

Also, can I pre-order from Gamestop today, take a picture of the DLC code, return the game and purchase it from a retailer with a lower price?

You can return it to them as long as you don't open the shrink wrap. I believe they give the code out at time of pickup on the receipt. I doubt they will care if you return it without the code.

Same thing with target. I remember I found MGS Peacewalker for the PSP like a week or two early at a Target by me and got really excited. The register wouldn't allow it to go through even though the older woman was really trying to get it to work.

Oh wow is it widespread like this today? :( I remember back when Pokemon Stadium 2 came out I saw it running on a store TV two weeks before the release and I simply asked a store guy if it can buy it already. He said "Yeah why not." took a copy out of a locker and sold it to me. Though I'm in the EU so things might be different here.

Also now that I saw the demo on the EU store, I assume it's the same that was on the HK store long ago?

I am slightly let down by the sub-resolution of this game (just because the art style would complement a better resolution. I quite understand why it isn't native res), but I still cannot wait.

I hope my Amazon order ships today. I have MGS HD, Mortal Kombat Vita, and this coming. It's gonna be a good week for my Vita.

Sylver

Banned
Great OP, tomorrow arrive Euro-version, now I have the US version that I need to sell. X(, I hate those lag announce region release dates, that happened with Catherine, too.

That's the question, isn't it? One's past experience with the genre may factor into what they think of this as it did me.

I want to say though that if anyone here is expecting a fleshed out open world no different than what the rest of the genre churns out, you're setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Precisly.. i for example love infamous and Gta 4 but dislike just cause or sain row

For me gravity rush make me think like infamous more than anything ..

And yes given the gravity elements , i expect GR to be very different

sammy

Looking forward to exploring the world in this game. I hear that it's somewhat empty of a map, but it's a great playground to fly around in since the world is built up and down all around on different levels. Not just a flat city environment.

I've got mine preordered and have been pretty hyped, tomorrow needs to get here.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I recommend that you max out your stats before attempting the gold trophy for the missions, it makes it much tolerable.

I wish they added a retry option though. :/

pwack

I see. That's news to me. Must be a pretty early cutoff date since I didn't get free RDD on Lollipop Chainsaw either, which I ordered on Sunday.

Have to order more than one business day before hand. Ordering on Sunday means Amazon would have to overnight the game on Monday, which I don't think they would do.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Once my midterms are completely done, this game will ride high on my priorities list. :D

(totally getting it tomorrow and starting it on Wednesday just because.)

I recommend that you max out your stats before attempting the gold trophy for the missions, it makes it much tolerable.

I wish they added a retry option though. :/
Did you play the JP version already? :O

How's the platinum for this one?

Top Bottom