• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time - Vita Compatible! |OT|

Eusis

So, just to make sure... It only works on Vita with the PS3 transfer, and probably not with the Transfer from Media Go from PC, right?

No PS3 here, so PC transfer would be by only option for now..
Correct, only from PS3. HOWEVER apparently they're adding Gungnir and the like to the Vita store next week if I'm remembering right, so I think there's a PRETTY GOOD CHANCE Growlanser will be there too.

Then again who knows with SCEA? They added Gungnir along with other niche games, then ONLY added GTA:Liberty City Stories and Midnight Club that Tuesday.

Esura

Banned
Picked up my preorder earlier today from Gamestop.

Nice cover. Love that artwork.

EDIT: Question, which one of the expensive Growlanser games on PS2 should I mess with after this?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I didn't think Media Go worked with the Vita in any way.

Well, was hoping to either A) Be able to DL through that store, than retrieve the download through Vita's download history, or B) Download to PC cia GO, then transfer the folder to Vita's memory, and hope it showed up.

A bit of a pain neither option would work, but I guess sony is extra-cautious after all the custom firmware / ISO dumps of PSP days... -_-;

Correct, only from PS3. HOWEVER apparently they're adding Gungnir and the like to the Vita store next week if I'm remembering right, so I think there's a PRETTY GOOD CHANCE Growlanser will be there too.

Then again who knows with SCEA? They added Gungnir along with other niche games, then ONLY added GTA:Liberty City Stories and Midnight Club that Tuesday.

That be a great time for it to happen! Hopefully, it does, but I guess I can wait either way. Have been wanting to play an Urushihara-styled RPG since the Langrisser days, but never am in a way to get the few US releases when they come out... But not this time! So waiting a bit longer isn't too bad...

(Though I expect to be really odded out by voiceless battles!)

cj_iwakura

Picked up my preorder earlier today from Gamestop.

Nice cover. Love that artwork.

EDIT: Question, which one of the expensive Growlanser games on PS2 should I mess with after this?

Yep, Generations. V/Heritage of War isn't bad, but it is the least good.

B.K.

Picked up my copy from Gamestop today. They actually had it on the shelf behind the counter where people could see it and had more than one copy!

LuuKyK

Oh? Is it already available on PSN? haha I am so lost, didn't even know it was launching today!

Buying now!

Edit: Actually my funds are not enough now, it will have to wait till tomorrow. :\

Vamphuntr

Just beat it. I liked the new final boss. The sprite was pretty cool! I will start a new game plus later to see the other route as I feel a little burned out with the game now. Time to do something else for the rest of my vacation week :p

B.K.

Just beat it. I liked the new final boss. The sprite was pretty cool! I will start a new game plus later to see the other route as I feel a little burned out with the game now. Time to do something else for the rest of my vacation week :p

Already? Must be a short game.

cj_iwakura

Not much, but

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

Vamphuntr

I'm looking at the Appendix you get with a Clearsave. Man, you need to play the game over and over to unlock everything. It seems there is an alternate cutscene for every possibilities (familiar type you have and variations when you didn't recruit someone or someone died).

Bleh... Don't mean to double post but the thread is slow.

Does data install on PSN versions of PSP games help? Growlanser has the option, but will it make a difference on PSP or Vita?

Eusis

Just curious, did Atlus include a nice full color manual?
For furture reference, from about 2005 onwards they've ALWAYS had nice, full color manuals. I'm worried about whether or not P4G will have a physical manual (and it'll be a litmus test for whether SCEA is at fault or publishers simply don't care I suspect), but otherwise Atlus is not a company where I'm concerned about this with.

Does data install on PSN versions of PSP games help? Growlanser has the option, but will it make a difference on PSP or Vita?
Not at all! I've tried with Hexyz Force and saw no difference, and it's possible it's detrimental going by how Halo 3 worked with installs.

Young Magus

Bleh... Don't mean to double post but the thread is slow.

Nope that's only useful for games that are running off of the UMD. If it's a digital copy then nothing will change

cj_iwakura

Just saw the first scene.

The VA just makes me wish this'd been a full dub. :( Ah well.

I recognized Patrick Seitz!

I swear Dixon's is familiar. Margulis?

Vamphuntr

I think Remus is voiced by the same actor that did Karol in ToV and Lumis is voiced by the actor that did Flynn in the same game.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Question what was the average game time you had upon clearing it? Am curious as trying to figure out some sort of schedule with all the crap on plate with these multiple RPGs am running on this side lol

Vamphuntr

Question what was the average game time you had upon clearing it? Am curious as trying to figure out some sort of schedule with all the crap on plate with these multiple RPGs am running on this side lol

I beat it in 46 hours but I spend a lot of time grinding for blessing bells and level 9 gems at the Gold Gels event at the arena.

You can probably beat in in 35 hours if you don't do every character's sidequests. If you want to do everything and clear all the battle at the arena then you will need to grind though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I beat it in 46 hours but I spend a lot of time grinding for blessing bells and level 9 gems at the Gold Gels event at the arena.

You can probably beat in in 35 hours if you don't do every character's sidequests. If you want to do everything and clear all the battle at the arena then you will need to grind though.

Awesome thanks for the detailed reply its much appreciated :D

Top Bottom