• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

December 2010 NPRC (Archive)
3iQT6.jpg

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

zjPF2.png
0NcF7.png

XECBk.png
ccAvG.png

1BlgP.png
Hqzhp.png

- The reasonably priced car for this month (January 2011):
wfg5H.jpg

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 [63 BHP]
1BiTb.png

Thanks to UFRA for the suggestion :p

UFRA

brentech said:
When practicing should we do it in arcade so the car doesn't break in at all? How you going about it?

Yeah that's a good point. A very good point.

Now that the latest patch caused even online play to count towards single player, Arcade Mode is the only way to go.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
UFRA said:
Yeah that's a good point. A very good point.

Now that the latest patch caused even online play to count towards single player, Arcade Mode is the only way to go.

I feel dumb, what does it mean and why should we practice in arcade mode all of the sudden?

brentech

Dash Kappei said:
I feel dumb, what does it mean and why should we practice in arcade mode all of the sudden?
As you use a new car, the engine breaks in and gains some HP. If you actually used it enough, the car would probably exceed the HP limit. Using it in arcade mode doesn't add to your car's miles, so you would dodge that problem.

UFRA

brentech said:
As you use a new car, the engine breaks in and gains some HP. If you actually used it enough, the car would probably exceed the HP limit. Using it in arcade mode doesn't add to your car's miles, so you would dodge that problem.

Right, and we didn't have this problem in December's RPC challenge because they hadn't linked online play to single player progress. Now it's all connected.

Before I would practice in my own private match online and my car's stats wouldn't change. Now the only way to do this is in Arcade mode.

Ok guys, I've decided not to wait any longer, it looks like we won't have members to fill out all teams but we'll have to make do with what we have. There's still time to register though, so if you still want in just use this registration form:
NRL Registration Form

Remember, this is not a big commitment. You race if want/can. If you can't that is not a problem. It's all just good fun so please, join up.

We'll have to arrange the remaining teams and everyone needs to register a car.

I've made a spreadsheet that shows everyone (that doesn't have a team yet), and their available times for race, as well as my suggested times for the races (not final, we'll change if people need it to change). Please choose decide amongst yourselves the teams and team members based on that. It would be wise to have a group of 2 members from different time zones (2 near GMT and 2 near PST for example) , it makes it easier for everyone to race.

Spreadsheet
(If you need to change anything about your available times let me know and I'll change it)

The OP has links for each registered member profile, so you can PM them there to organize the teams.

Let me know through PM after you've arranged a team. I'll need to know the Team Name, members, and who will be the captain, and what cars they'll be using.

Individual members that don't have a team yet but already chosen a car can also PM me the car.

I'm going to PM all registered members to notify them about this. Let's get this league started!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, it seems the online forum is really dead when it comes to things like this. :/

Also next weekend I'd like to post a time on the RPC. But that's only if UFRA does it as well. I don't want to be the fastest time on the leaderboard and the only time on the leaderboard.

More people should get in on this. God.

TheSeks

I don't have a wheel. An IRC channel I frequent asked me the same thing for their unofficial league and that's my response to them as well (and like 75% of them have wheels). I'd be at a severe disadvantage + I'm not a car nut to where I don't hem and haw about tweaking for the track. I drive cars near stock. :lol

brentech

TheSeks said:
Yeah, it seems the online forum is really dead when it comes to things like this. :/

Also next weekend I'd like to post a time on the RPC. But that's only if UFRA does it as well. I don't want to be the fastest time on the leaderboard and the only time on the leaderboard.

Hoping to do mine this week, but I can never friend Metal...too many friends =(

TheSeks

brentech said:

Friend NGRPC or whatever the tag is. That's how he's doing it. I really wish they implemented leaderboards already for community stuff like this. :| Fersis should get on Kaz's ass about it.

brentech said:
Just post on the thread or PM me that you wanna set a time and we'll arrange a time.

TheSeks said:
I don't have a wheel. An IRC channel I frequent asked me the same thing for their unofficial league and that's my response to them as well (and like 75% of them have wheels). I'd be at a severe disadvantage + I'm not a car nut to where I don't hem and haw about tweaking for the track. I drive cars near stock. :lol
Pretty sure you're not the only one without a wheel, we accept everyone, skilled or not. It's also not a big commitment, if you can't race a certain day, then you can't race. It's not a problem.

brentech

TheSeks said:
Friend NGRPC or whatever the tag is. That's how he's doing it. I really wish they implemented leaderboards already for community stuff like this. :| Fersis should get on Kaz's ass about it.
Wow, just re-read the first page, was totally unaware of how it was set up. Totally could of registered a lap last month as well...Didn't realize there was a chat room and everything up. shit.

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
Pretty sure you're not the only one without a wheel, we accept everyone, skilled or not. It's also not a big commitment, if you can't race a certain day, then you can't race. It's not a problem.

Well, I can do it, I guess. I'll have to read the rules but I expect to be dead last or in the middle of the pack.

TheSeks said:
Well, I can do it, I guess. I'll have to read the rules but I expect to be dead last or in the middle of the pack.
That's the spirit :D

And you'd be surprised. Alot can happen in these races. Race slow but steady and you probably WON'T be last.

UFRA

TheSeks said:

Of course I'll be doing the RPC again. :)

brentech

Question, as I didn't see it in the initial posts. For the NRPC -- pretty sure we're doing the test as on Top Gear, from a stop. How do you guys line up the car? Just want to make sure I'm practicing correctly. I keep triggering the lap start on accident...other than that, I got some practice in before sending my Bobs off for another 9 hour event.

Mush

brentech said:
Question, as I didn't see it in the initial posts. For the NRPC -- pretty sure we're doing the test as on Top Gear, from a stop. How do you guys line up the car? Just want to make sure I'm practicing correctly. I keep triggering the lap start on accident...other than that, I got some practice in before sending my Bobs off for another 9 hour event.
It's started as a race, so because there's only 1 car on track at a time, you will be in pole position and sitting on the starting line. Maybe you should go to your lounge and practice using the settings there.

brentech

Ahh, okay. Guess that takes care of that problem. Thanks for the tip...need to do that anyways since I haven't tried running a room online yet. Been to involved trying to finish my career modes so I can concentrate in online stuff.

UFRA

brentech said:
Ahh, okay. Guess that takes care of that problem. Thanks for the tip...need to do that anyways since I haven't tried running a room online yet. Been to involved trying to finish my career modes so I can concentrate in online stuff.

There's a catch to that though. Practicing in your lounge will still allow the engine to break-in and potentially gain HP. Arcade mode is the only safe place now (since 1.05), although you just have to practice the standing starts the best you can. The timer starts a little bit before the actual start line.

Angst

I read you PM MM, sadly those times are impossible for me (and I'd guess most people in Europe, at least if you have a day job).

15-16 GMT translates to 16-17 in continental Europe. Most people will be at work or travelling home from work at that time. The other time is 3-4 in the middle of the night... :-/ And I'm guaranteed to lose my job if I start gaming in the middle of the night. :lol

Angst said:
I read you PM MM, sadly those times are impossible for me (and I'd guess most people in Europe, at least if you have a day job).

15-16 GMT translates to 16-17 in continental Europe. Most people will be at work or travelling home from work at that time. The other time is 3-4 in the middle of the night... :-/ And I'm guaranteed to lose my job if I start gaming in the middle of the night. :lol

Work on a Saturday? :/

Also the 2 times are there so more people can race, you're not supposed to race on both.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Work on a Saturday? :/

Also the 2 times are there so more people can race, you're not supposed to race on both.
:lol no I didn't see a day in there so I just presumed we we're racing weekdays. In that case the PM time works for me.

Do we have to sign up for teams?

I'd like to use the Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera. It worked pretty good against your Z4 on the Ring and I quite like the handling :D

I believe that car exceeds the BHP limitation :p

Unless you want to drive it alot before races so it drops the BHP.

As for teams, I'm hoping Team Captains will contact members without teams. If they don't do it then I'll set "recommended" teams based on the time zones.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
I believe that car exceeds the BHP limitation :p
I think it's 384 BHP untuned, I currently have it tuned at 423, but that's easily fixed. I'll have to check again though.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I've finished updating the TimeZone spreadsheet, if something is wrong for you guys let me know and I'll fix it.

GoogleDocs Spreadsheet

K, no problems then.

What does the red "Race Time" mean vs "Available + Race" pink?

I have "Race Time" set for like 9AM CST. I can't do mornings since I usually work 3rd shift. :)

UFRA said:
What does the red "Race Time" mean vs "Available + Race" pink?

I have "Race Time" set for like 9AM CST. I can't do mornings since I usually work 3rd shift. :)

I just wanted to make a red line to represent the race times, but I also wanted to distinguish if a member is available during that time or not. So pink for available + race.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I just wanted to make a red line to represent the race times, but I also wanted to distinguish if a member is available during that time or not. So pink for available + race.

Ah ok, gotcha.

brentech

Practicing with my ride in room:
1472-6118-3916-1740-5730
if anyone wants to join in. just thought I should get some work in racing others. figure out the quirks of online...only done a bit so far

Room died after a while. No longer hosting.

brentech

After reading the Super GT league thread a lot the last week with their first race complete, I highly recommend anyone participating in this league to go online with all the settings we are using and do some driving with your car.

As many have noted in the SuperGT league thread, the cars handle a bit different than you experience when driving in practice mode or anything offline. I spent some time today running a room with all the same restrictions and some learning took place. Sadly, a lot more needs to take place - it was pretty horrific how "off" my driving was.

Just a suggestion.

Since I got almost no posts/PMs about arranging the teams since I sent the PMs, I'm gonna start organizing recommended teams my self. I just hope that once the races start people actually start to give a damn.

Which I'm kinda doubting at this point :/

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Since I got almost no posts/PMs about arranging the teams since I sent the PMs, I'm gonna start organizing recommended teams my self. I just hope that once the races start people actually start to give a damn.

Which I'm kinda doubting at this point :/
I assume that was sent out to people without a team since I didn't get anything, but regardless, that'd be really disappointing if this didn't get off the ground. Been really excited for this - even though I'll probably get smoked when I compete, lol.

Other than that, been trying to friend TG-NRPC, but I realize since I live in the US but spend most my actual available time playing when the typical Euro player would.
I live on a weird schedule.

brentech said:
I assume that was sent out to people without a team since I didn't get anything, but regardless, that'd be really disappointing if this didn't get off the ground. Been really excited for this - even though I'll probably get smoked when I compete, lol.

Other than that, been trying to friend TG-NRPC, but I realize since I live in the US but spend most my actual available time playing when the typical Euro player would.
I live on a weird schedule.

I've been doing endurances so haven't had a chance to accept invites in a while. I'll do it asap.

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
I've been doing endurances so haven't had a chance to accept invites in a while. I'll do it asap.
No biggy right now. I have my guys doing their last 9hr event to hit level 35. After that, I'll have to make sure we don't have anything going on to get through the final 5 levels of B-Spec.

We currently have 32 registered members, but since one of the teams currently has 5 members we need 33 to have full 8 teams with 4 members each.

Also, anyone knows who Kaze13 is? I can't find any posts by this guy.

Recommended teams will be available this weekend.

UFRA

Team Wankel will be closed to new members at this point to allow other teams to fill up.

Come on people, make some teams so we can get this league rolling!!

brentech

I thought we'd of started by now, so hopefully this isn't a problem, but there is a chance I'll be out of town the first week or 2 of February as my wife has been planning vacation for that time. She already has her time off, but we just haven't decided as to what we're going to be doing yet.
So I'll just say Feb 1 - Feb 12, it's unlikely I'll be able to make anything to be safe.

brentech said:
I thought we'd of started by now, so hopefully this isn't a problem, but there is a chance I'll be out of town the first week or 2 of February as my wife has been planning vacation for that time. She already has her time off, but we just haven't decided as to what we're going to be doing yet.
So I'll just say Feb 1 - Feb 12, it's unlikely I'll be able to make anything to be safe.

We have 4 member teams for that reason alone. No one is expecting everyone to race on all races, so that's no problem at all ;)

I don't want this to be commitment for anyone. Just good fun.

Top Bottom