• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

h3ro

Sign me up for the league, MM.

You know the PSN ID, shoot me a message if I'm on and I'll try to jump in. I'll pull double duty with the SuperGT guys. :)

This patch re-invigorated me. :lol

AdvanS13 said:
I can maybe stretch it to 10 hours :p Not promising anything.

h3ro said:
Sign me up for the league, MM.

You know the PSN ID, shoot me a message if I'm on and I'll try to jump in. I'll pull double duty with the SuperGT guys. :)

This patch re-invigorated me. :lol

Just register on the form page. It's on the OP.

Two new names on the board:

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

zjPF2.png
0NcF7.png

XECBk.png
ccAvG.png

1BlgP.png
Hqzhp.png

WTFing

Banned
Hi guys, I filled the form linked in the OP.
I'd like to play with you, mind you I'm not a pro :lol I hope it's ok.
Do you guys play only on saturdays?

edit: A-Spec=20; B-Spec=10

h3ro

Hey MM, could you add me under Team Wankel, just confirmed it with UFRA. :)

I'm also going to be using the RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Metalmurphy said:
Damn man, you gonna make me get outta bed? :lol
ha, no...you said 8hrs...jk. sorry i meant for gaf race night gt stuff. this weekend though perhaps.

edit....registered. go team wank wank - ul:lol

Angst

Ok I've joined the Neogaf Racing League!

I don't really understand how I'm going to chose a car now though as I don't know what the restrictions will be. Would be kind of annoying to race in Cappucino if everyone else is rocking in LeMans cars... :)

Edit - I'm a moron. I just read through the OP more closely. Let me think on it and I'll chose a car.

Angst said:
Ok I've joined the Neogaf Racing League!

I don't really understand how I'm going to chose a car now though as I don't know what the restrictions will be. Would be kind of annoying to race in Cappucino if everyone else is rocking in LeMans cars... :)

It's all in the OP.

The first NeoGAF Racing League will allow any car that meets the following requirements:

* Powered under 414 BHP
* Weighted over 1000 Kg
* Racing tires: Medium
* Special cars with hidden specifications are NOT allowed
* You are allowed to tune the cars, as well as make changes to it through out the League, as long as it still meets the specifications.

I wonder if we should ban race cars from the League... :lol

Just took the RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06 and it saved 1 second off my best time with the Z4 without even trying. I could probably bump it up to 5 seconds or more.

I just hope it doesn't end up with everyone using the same car.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I wonder if we should ban race cars from the League... :lol

Just took the RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06 and it saved 1 second off my best time with the Z4 without even trying. I could probably bump it up to 5 seconds or more.

I just hope it doesn't end up with everyone using the same car.

Ssshhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell people about this car, it is Team Wankel's killer. :p

AdvanS13

Neo Member
h3ro said:
Hey MM, could you add me under Team Wankel, just confirmed it with UFRA. :)

I'm also going to be using the RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06.
sweet we have a dry humping polygon mascot

OP updated, only 5 members left till we have the minimum members required for the League to start. Call up your friends, bother your brothers n sisters, convince other gaffers!

UFRA

MM, can you add EL Beefo to Team Wankel?

He's been away for a while it seems, but he is definitely a member of our team. I don't want him to get left out if you close the registration soon or anything.

I still don't have a team but then again I don't own any of the cars that are going to be used. That is unless the league has been re-done to be with different cars.

I didn't read the OP upon arrival today.

**EDIT** I just read the OP. I guess rules of have changed since I last saw. I signed up on the form and am entered. Now to decide what car I am going to build.

brentech

The league's promo trailer gets me so pumped for this to start (props to all who put that video together).
Been working on my suspension tuning for my RX-8. Probably won't be the most competitive car in the field, but I love the sound of that baby. This will be a blast.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I've got hit with a nasty flu and haven't been on GAF much, but I haven't forgotten about this.

It's probably a good idea for everyone to start choosing their cars.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Are you guys still doing the RPC challenge? How come there are so few lap times on the board?
Anyway, is there an idea on when you'll change car, I don't wanna waste even a dollar on a shitty Cappucciono if then you're gonna change car a in a few days :p

UFRA

Dash Kappei said:
How come there are so few lap times on the board?

Because barely anyone participated. That's all on you people!! :(

Dash Kappei said:
Anyway, is there an idea on when you'll change car, I don't wanna waste even a dollar on a shitty Cappucciono if then you're gonna change car a in a few days :p

It changes every month (as it says in the OP :p). Now that it's January, the Suzuki is done and a new car will be chosen.

MM, does the winner get to pick the new car? :p

Dash Kappei said:
Are you guys still doing the RPC challenge? How come there are so few lap times on the board?

Since it's January already we're not doing any more for that car. And the reason there's so few it's cause few people seem interested :/
I even forgot to post my own time

I'll be announcing the new car soon.

UFRA said:
MM, does the winner get to pick the new car? :p
It's a good a method as any other I'd be using :lol . Why not :p

brentech

I'll try my best to actually practice the track and put a time up on this months NRPC. Want to get more involved with online as I'm heavily pushing B-Spec with my other time.

brentech said:
I'll try my best to actually practice the track and put a time up on this months NRPC. Want to get more involved with online as I'm heavily pushing B-Spec with my other time.

It falls apart because you have to set the time with someone else present. Are there not leaderboards yet? That would make it much easier for people to take part.

MikeDub said:
It falls apart because you have to set the time with someone else present.
You mean, just like the show? :p

MikeDub said:
Are there not leaderboards yet? That would make it much easier for people to take part.
Easier, but the leaderboards will most likely work with Rolling starts, going against the show again.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Metalmurphy said:
Since it's January already we're not doing any more for that car. And the reason there's so few it's cause few people seem interested :/
I even forgot to post my own time

I'll be announcing the new car soon.

It's a good a method as any other I'd be using :lol . Why not :p

Ok, I'll be waiting for the new one.
I'm sure that if once in a while you and others drop a post in the GT5 thread there's gonna be more people, what do you think?

I mean, to me it seems the most fun you can have online with the game atm :D
Hopefully with leaderboards they'll ditch rolling starts for a specific Top Gear Track test since they have a deal with the Top Gear guys. Daydreaming?

Top Bottom