• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

UFRA

Well, that went better than I expected.

I was worried that when it came down to doing a recorded lap time I'd mess up or something, (which I did in my 2nd lap lol) but luckily my first lap went real well. Not perfect, but I met my goal time range at least.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
Second lap time has been added to the Board. UFRA moves up to first place :p

You gotta do it like Clarkson. :p

Your time is one...............................................................................forty........................................................................................................

...................................eight point 9!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

We'll see how well that time does. It can definitely be improved since I've run a few laps in the low-mid 1:48's in practice, but they didn't come easy.

I think I can definitely improve in the Bacharach and Gambon section. That's where I feel the most sloppy and uncertain. Everywhere else I feel I have a good routine set for it.

Thanks again for your time MM.

Mobius 1

I will start practice for my lap. It looks like a lot of work for you now with no online leaderboards... things will get easier once the patch arrives.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metal let me know when you're around this coming week and I'll add the RPC id and set a time. It'll probably be the lowest of the three, but~

TheSeks

Mush said:
Am I still able to set a time today?

You'd have to ask Metal Murphy. They closed the lobby after I did my two laps to export them.

They're still on the TG-NRPC PSN id, just send a friend request and say you want to set your time.

TheSeks

CozMick said:
Should the table specify wheel or dual shock used?

I don't wanna get my ego crushed in an instant :lol

Yeah, I was a DS3. I could probably match UFRA and the other dude in the 1:40 range if I was better with the controller and throttle management. My second lap I overestimated my driving and speed and ran into cones on the hammerhead. Whoops. :lol

That said: All the people that go "IT FEELS SO MUCH SLOWER!" is right. It does feel insanely slower than it is.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
EL Beefo said:
I saw a lot of RX-7 owners in the last thread. Anybody want to start up a rotary only team? There's premium FC's, FD's, and FE's, plus a 787B and two RE Amemiya FD's so we would have a car for most occasions.
that would be good. former fc turbo owner x2 here :lol

UFRA

AdvanS13 said:
that would be good. former fc turbo owner x2 here :lol

Also a former FC owner here. Would be fun to have a rotary team. :D

If we were to do that, we would just need 1 more person for a complete team.

PQ8fd.png

This post was brought to you by the NeoGAF Racing League, in association with Niks

This is it guys!

REGISTRATIONS TO THE NEOGAF RACING LEAGUE ARE NOW OPEN!

Just go to the official NRL thread, read the updated rules, and follow the link to the registration form:
NeoGAF GT5 Racing League Thread

And to get everyone in hyped for this, here's the updated and final version of the NRL trailer:
NeoGAF GT5 Racing League Trailer (UPDATED)

Oh, and a small reminder, the NeoGAFer in a Reasonably Priced Car has also started, only 3 times so far, common people! Participate! :D

dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

UFRA

AdvanS13 said:

I like that answer. El Beefo, whaddaya say?? :D (you could be the captain since it was your idea!)

Then we'd just need 1 more rotary engine fan and we'd have our team done already.

So many great opportunities for team names too...

Team Wankel
No Pistons
Rotary Rockets

etc...

turnbuckle

I want to join the league but am scared.

General Rules:
A race will be made of 16 players, 2 players per team, 8 teams on the league.
Teams must have a minimum of 4 players to enter, there's no member limit.

I mean, I'm confused by the first 2 rules. 2 players per team, but must have a minimum of 4 players to enter, but there's no member limit?

I only got 2 hours of sleep and had to walk half hour in the snow both ways today to get my tires changed in real life so please be patient if what I just got confused by makes perfect sense to everyone else.

UFRA

turnbuckle said:
I want to join the league but am scared.

I mean, I'm confused by the first 2 rules. 2 players per team, but must have a minimum of 4 players to enter, but there's no member limit?

I only got 2 hours of sleep and had to walk half hour in the snow both ways today to get my tires changed in real life so please be patient if what I just got confused by makes perfect sense to everyone else.

Here's how I understand it:

GT5 allows a maximum of 16 people for online races.

So, in a given race, we want to have a full 16 car grid.

Of those 16 cars, there will be 8 teams represented. Only 2 members of any team can participate at the same time in a race event.

So, you can have a team with 100 people. However, only 2 of those people can participate in a single race event.

Metalmurphy said:
Btw, if you guys can get me a 16:9 picture of the car you'll be using on the Leage I'll add it to the OP.

Is this for each person individually?

CozMick

Banned
I've registered with my very limited knowledge of team and car selection, hope that's ok?

Gonna spend all day tomorrow testing a selection of cars :D

UFRA

Also - another question.

I brought this up in the Super GT league about tire compounds.

What do you think of allowing all 3 of the tire compounds (hard, med, soft) available to increase racing strategies? If you allow all 3 compounds, it really will make pit strategies necessary.

Although, this depends entirely on whether tire wear and fuel consumption are enabled, and the length of the races. What kind of race lengths did you have in mind, and will tire wear/fuel use be on or off?

mil6es

UFRA said:
Also - another question.

What do you think of allowing all 3 of the tire compounds (hard, med, soft) available to increase racing strategies? If you allow all 3 compounds, it really will make pit strategies necessary.

Although, this depends entirely on whether tire wear and fuel consumption are enabled, and the length of the races. What kind of race lengths did you have in mind, and will tire wear/fuel use be on or off?

That actually sounds really good, should use F1 rules with that, Have to pit once and use 2 types of tires

UFRA

mil6es said:
That actually sounds really good, should use F1 rules with that, Have to pit once and use 2 types of tires

Yup, that's what inspired the idea. :D It would be fun to have some people using a 1 stop strategy with harder tires, while others may go with a 2-stop strategy and softer tires.

However, as I said that all depends on race length. If we're doing 10 lap races there's no point for pit stops or real tire/fuel usage lol.

UFRA said:
Also - another question.

There's no way to limit more then 1 type of tyres... although I guess we could just not limit them at all.

Juicy Bob

Do Mush and Caramello still want to form an Oceanian team?

Is there one more Aussie/Kiwi out there who wants to come and team-up?

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
There's no way to limit more then 1 type of tyres... although I guess we could just not limit them at all.

Right, I guess that's what I mean. Rather than restricting to one type of tire, my proposal was to allow any kind. Essentially it would still be only 3 types of racing tires, hard/med/soft though since no one in their right mind would choose sports or comfort tires for competitive racing. :lol

What kinds of race lengths are you planning?

EL Beefo

UFRA said:
I like that answer. El Beefo, whaddaya say?? :D (you could be the captain since it was your idea!)

Then we'd just need 1 more rotary engine fan and we'd have our team done already.

So many great opportunities for team names too...

Team Wankel
No Pistons
Rotary Rockets

etc...

Excellent! Another possible name "Rotards," though it's tough to pass on using wankel.

mil6es

was gonna race my BMW Z4M but I just built a car that beat its time by 4 seconds on sazuka ........car changed :lol

when I shift up the revs drop to 8000rpm :lol

UFRA said:
Right, I guess that's what I mean. Rather than restricting to one type of tire, my proposal was to allow any kind. Essentially it would still be only 3 types of racing tires, hard/med/soft though since no one in their right mind would choose sports or comfort tires for competitive racing. :lol

What kinds of race lengths are you planning?

All races will be around 20 mins. I'm thinking of doing an endurance one as the final event though.

EL Beefo

Metalmurphy said:
It's in the OP :p

Under 414BHP and over 1000 Kg

Ah, missed that part, my bad.

Also I just realized I made a mistake with my PSN ID, it actually has an underscore between the words.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
All races will be around 20 mins. I'm thinking of doing an endurance one as the final event though.

Will tire wear and fuel consumption be on or off?

Because if it's off you can disregard my whole tire suggestion since there's no need to pit to change tires that don't wear lol. Then I don't see a need to use hard or soft tires either - limiting it to medium would keep the field balanced if tire wear was off (otherwise obviously everyone would choose soft).

UFRA

EL Beefo said:
Excellent! Another possible name "Rotards," though it's tough to pass on using wankel.

lol Advan's Dorito suggestion is good too. Many choices.

So we just need 1 more rotorhead and then we'll be a functional team. If either you or Advan know any Gaffers who may be interested get them in here. I don't know anyone off hand who's a rotary enthusiast, so I'm not much help there.

1 more shouldn't be too hard to find though. :p

Then we gotta decide on a car. I already own all of the rotary premium cars (except the RE Amemiya's), so it doesn't matter much to me.

I'm not in the game right now, but my collector's edition book says the 2006 RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (the yellow premium one) is 310HP and 1100kg.

This would be pretty nice since we're within both the power and weight limitations, and can still upgrade the engine a bit. However it's obviously expensive, but it would be one hell of a competitor out there I'm sure!

Edit: Actually we don't have to decide on a car. Just noticed in the rules we can drive different cars. Interesting. :D

Top Bottom