• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes HD |OT|

cjelly said:
Avatar stuff: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/AvatarMarketplace?Game=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b2b

Including this bad boy:

thumblg.png
HGGGNH

Reminds me of my Cospa Saturn shirt. I wish they had that.

Tailzo

m0dus said:
Not screencaps. Those are original pieces based on the intro.
You're not only a fantastic graphic designer, but also incredibly skilled at manga art. I'm very impressed :)

It's nice to finally be able to share this stuff with everyone. I've been pestering him about when we can show this stuff off for a long time!

I am soooo getting a Saturn shirt <3.

Daigoro

damn, congrats Modus. must be a pretty sweet gig.

im using the golden dude for the wallpaper on my phone now (sorry for bastardizing the glorious high-rez provided). its great.

NEXT WEEK! finally.

It'd be nice if somebody said one way or another about a PSN version.

I can already tell this is going to be the longest week of my entire life.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
m0dus said:
Something more for you guys. I worked on these months ago, and now I can FINALLY SHARE THEM!

Using Serena as my PS3 background

looks so good on HD tv. and I can still see the XMB icons pretty clearly over it

Great stuff sir. Thanks for sharing

_dementia said:
You might get lucky finding a similar design, but I don't think an exact one exists :/
Cospa stuff goes out of print fast. Plus they are overpriced. I can't justify 4000 yen for a shirt. :(

Edit: By variant logo I mean one without the Saturn Sphere as the focal point. The Name its self was the main focal point of the logo for Japan. Even though the blue sphere was used, it wasn't the focal point of the logo compared to the US version where the sphere was big and the name was small. It also had a better font than the western logo too.

I do notice the avatar shirt design and cospa one seem to mix both designs. I'd still wear it. :D

Here's a graphic comparisson of what I mean...
This
saturn_logo.gif

vs
This
logo_sega_saturn.png

Teknoman

cjelly said:

I usually dont buy Avatar stuff...but damn. That saturn shirt will be mine. I'd like one irl too.

Do we have a Guardian Heroes GAF tag? Because we should have a Guardian Heroes GAF tag.

Man...this,Dark Souls, finishing up Gears 3 and getting into MP, and just purchasing RS because of gamertag recovery...gaming plate is full.

SouSouRocket said:
It's nice to finally be able to share this stuff with everyone. I've been pestering him about when we can show this stuff off for a long time!

I am soooo getting a Saturn shirt <3.

Sega rep?

What's the current best 360 pad on the market?

I'm usually a stick person but.....I can like pads too.

_dementia said:
Do ypu have any good PS2 pads? You might just want to get one of those lag-free etokki PS2->360 controller converters. I have been meaning to pick one up myself.

That grim eh?

Guess I'll have to deal.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
What's the current best 360 pad on the market?

I'm usually a stick person but.....I can like pads too.
Do ypu have any good PS2 pads? You might just want to get one of those lag-free etokki PS2->360 controller converters. I have been meaning to pick one up myself.

THE KARMA SYSTEM.

What's the deal with karma? Last I checked it never did anything for anyone, but in Guardian Heroes it exists.

How it works: There are two paths in the game that lead to different endings depending on whether your karma is positive or negative. Don't throw a fuss, because the ending changes amount to a few lines of text.

What effects your karma positively?

-Completing scenes. Key word here, some stages have multiple scenes.
-Some other stuff that I'm not 100% on but it's not that important

What effects your karma negatively?

-Pounding innocent/fleeing characters
-Destroying certain objects(like bushels of flowers and other pretty things)
-Juggling corpses

I bolded that last one because it's way important. Corpse farming is easy peasy summer breezy because all you need is a corpse, a corner, and your best move. Before long you'll have so much negative karma you could save a family of orphanages and still be the scum of the earth.

Good advice:

If you're caught using the magic menu you will be drawn and quartered. Randy didn't become the master apprentice mage that he is by selecting his spells from a list like he's in a Final Fantasy game.

I'll come up with some more later

mollipen

This is just a totally random statement to say that sometimes $10 gets you far more greatness than you should be getting for $10.

$10 is such a steal for this. This and Forza 4 + Battlefield 3 this month... just insane. Such a great time to be a gamer.

I really, really hope this game sells a shitload of copies so we can get a sequel.

BoobPhysics101 said:
$10 is such a steal for this. This and Forza 4 + Battlefield 3 this month... just insane. Such a great time to be a gamer.

I really, really hope this game sells a shitload of copies so we can get a sequel.

It really is....can't wait to get this tomorrow!

Teknoman

Whats with Treasure and giant diamond(?) shaped objects being the source of some crazy power? Golden Silver's powers, that thing that caused "the world to cease to exist" in Radiant Silvergun, and i'm sure that same shape popped up in Mischief Makers. Dont remember seeing it in Sin and Punishment 1 or 2 though.

You could make the argument that all Treasure games take place in the same universe.

That and Treasure is likely the most self-referential developer around.

Teknoman

PepsimanVsJoe said:
You could make the argument that all Treasure games take place in the same universe.

I'd go with the same universe train of thought since it makes things more interesting :p

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Even the licensed ones? Wasn't Melon Bread in Astro Boy or some shit?

_dementia said:
Even the licensed ones? Wasn't Melon Bread in Astro Boy or some shit?
Melon Bread was in Alien Soldier, can't remember Astro Boy.

Although Astro Boy did have that bit of music swiped from Gunstar Heroes.

IIRC the diamond is in a way representation of the four elements, a common theme in Treasure games, and in many cases also life and death or the beginning and the end. The antagonist of Radiant Silvergun was essentially a diamond and it was the Guardian of Earth, and had control over the reset button.

Teknoman

Another thing I liked about RS HD is that the intro actually plays like it would in the standard version of the game. Hopefully the full version of GH HD does the same.

Still have high hopes about the network code for versus and co-op. How was the netcode on Radiant?

Top Bottom