• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes HD |OT|

Teknoman

PepsimanVsJoe said:
At least with Guardian Heroes a little bit of lag or input delay isn't going to = death.

Yeah. Sad to hear about Ikaruga and Radiant...but I see those as being more or less SP centric games anyway. As long as it isnt so laggy as to where co-op isnt enjoyable or a full versus game is just messed up. C'mon Treasure!

Think we'll get some sort of bonus for having both downloaded?

EDIT: I'm still surprised Sega managed to get Virtual ON running pretty good online...so you'd think Treasure would be able to get some good netcode going...especially with as much work as they put into their games.

I forgot how disgusting Han is with his Sword upgrade.

I nearly get one-shotted when I'm on fire and my partner accidentally stabs me.

Just did another online co-op run. I'd say it's not too bad, as long as the connections are solid.

Oh and it looks like reviews are rolling in already:

The-Nextlevel - 9

Only 4 and 1/2 stars? Whatever.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If you have the Mexican demo, you can now officially BUY it through that. The links for it to purchase are up on XBL webpage in East Coast US now, but they lead to early info.

The MexDemo doesn't appear to straight convert to the full game for me, it's re-downloading. But that's not an issue, as it seems to be moving quite fast!

So, IT'S GO TIME, PEOPLE!

6217407007_66fb232731.jpg

^Screamin' like Macho!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
PSA: The Anime Intro is under "bonus" in gallery, and you can press the X button while viewing it, to make it "full screen". Before that, it's the size of a mini-youtube window or something, lol.

I was about to shed a tear if it was restricted to being THAT small!

2 options under Gallery are locked when you start off, and of course, all the non-heroes characters.

Looks like online characters are limited to the ones you have unlocked, so far, too. Interesting choice! Of course, you really SHOULD play through GH's story mode many, many times, so while some will view this as a hassle, I view it as appropriate for this game.

It's fun listening to the character voices in the gallery. Some of those samples seem REALLY rarely used...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LoL. BEATING THINGS! TO REVIVE THE AGE OF THE SWORD! Yeah, that doesn't help, either. What did you start off with Mechazawa, Story, Arcade, or jumped into VS insanity? XD

That Nakajo _J Japanese stream is pretty cool. It's interesting seeing 12 Man Online VS, where everyone looks like they actually have some kinda strategy... lots of mini-skirmishes going on, rather than just Nicole Shield VS everyone else kinda stuff...

Mechazawa

I jumped straight into story.

Like, I have no idea what these upgrade stats mean. And I have no idea how to pull off half the moves I've been pulling.

Guess I'll have to dig into the Help menu when I get back from classes.

Amagon

Holy shit! This port is fucking AMAZING!!!! So stoke to finally play this game properly with no slow downs! Wow! Playing the Arcade mode is like crack, waaaaaayyyyy too much ridiculousness going on with tons of enemies getting chopped down, gawddamn!!!! Versus mode I can ready tell their gonna be lots and lots of griefing! ;p But I try playing Story mode online and when ever I get some random joining me, the prick skips the text dialogue which just pisses me the hell off. This game is truly a blessing and I can already tell its gonna get lots of play time by me.
Top game of 2011 right here people!

Fucking excited that this game plus lots of "retro games" are coming out again. Can't fucking wait now for Daytona USA!!!!

^_^

Started playing, so many memories of me at 15 flooding back, I'm in love with this game.

Tried the extra continues exploit, but it appears they've patched that out :D

PJX

Massive Nights said:
Started playing, so many memories of me at 15 flooding back, I'm in love with this game.

Same here except I was 21 when it came out, really loving this game. Reminded me of the hours I used to spend playing this bad boy. The memories.

This really is an unbelievable game, even after all this time. It just plays so well and has an incredibly good soundtrack. Can't believe this is just 800 points!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For Fun:

The Japanese XBLA Cover and Banner:

boxartlg.jpg

What's with that horrid JPEG compression around the banner? (-_-;;)

banner.png

The JP website also appears to be complete now. So there's a second gamer pic hidden in the game too, eh? That's nice to know :)

http://ss.sega.jp/gh/index.html

Snkfanatic said:
First thing I will do when i get home is start this download. Can't wait! :)
I love the idea of a download queue. As soon as I turn on my three-six that shit just starts downloading. The future is now.

_dementia said:
I love the idea of a download queue. As soon as I turn on my three-six that shit just starts downloading. The future is now.

Hmm is this something I can do from a browser? Gonna look into this now to find out lol that would be awesome

Skilletor

I've never played this game before. Only heard about it from friends.

I trust in Treasure. Was so let down with the fake release :(.

DOWNLOADING TONIGHT!

Snkfanatic said:
Hmm is this something I can do from a browser? Gonna look into this now to find out lol that would be awesome
Yeah, click the link posted earlier, log in to xbox.com and add it to your queue. It will then download to your xbox the next time you log in to xbox live.

It's a really nice tool to lock in pricing mistakes when you're away from you console too, lol.

Tain

oh, cool, this is out today.

Will download ASAP, Dark Souls is probably going to eat all my time today though.

I got excited when I heard about Arcade mode in that TNL review, but it's just a flood of enemies? Oh. :|

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MomoPufflet said:
This game is hurting without a proper dpad. Anything decent and cheap to use with this?

the street fighter controllers

_dementia said:
Yeah, click the link posted earlier, log in to xbox.com and add it to your queue. It will then download to your xbox the next time you log in to xbox live.

It's a really nice tool to lock in pricing mistakes when you're away from you console too, lol.

Done and done, thanks for the heads up!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Don't have enough buttons on my Saturn pad to map all of the Remix mode functions! Guess I can throw out the command function and one of the row shift buttons.

Interesting that they changed it to a 3-attack layout instead of 2.

Haklong

Got to pay this before work this morning. Man the memories came back. Music and gameplay is still so awesome after all these years.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Woah, you actually can prioritize the network settings to minimize input delay in exchange for more frequent resyncs.

MomoPufflet said:
This game is hurting without a proper dpad. Anything decent and cheap to use with this?

completely agree and i'm surprised i'm not seeing more posts on it. when you try to dash, you jump into the background because the of the janky 360 pad.

how could they have shipped this without realizing that and giving us an option to make dashes button-only...?

mollipen

adversesolutions said:
completely agree and i'm surprised i'm not seeing more posts on it. when you try to dash, you jump into the background because the of the janky 360 pad.

how could they have shipped this without realizing that and giving us an option to make dashes button-only...?

I used the analog stick the entire time I played, and never once had a problem. I guess I just never thought to use the d-pad.

Nekobo

Just bought this and the Randy outfit. Can't wait to dive in! My gamertag is Nekobo if anyone wants a co-op partner.

Top Bottom