• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Apparently the Gliding ability is needed to make it to the entrance of this Guild Hall claiming mission, which is something you unlock after a couple of new story missions (if I'm even understanding that right, I haven't touched the new zones or content yet myself). I want to apologize for not looking into this thoroughly enough beforehand to be able to put out a bulletin of what would be necessary for all players that wanted to participate. I was only able to get in at all myself based on the "Teleport to Friend" functionality and we tried to scramble and get as many in as possible with these limits. If you were not able to come due to this, I empathize as I had no idea myself. I made an incorrect assumption that since so many guilds of massively varying sizes would want to do this ASAP, it wouldn't have any progression requirements (or at least any that couldn't be bypassed if some of the guild had them, to be able to bring others through).

If you couldn't attend our claiming event tonight due to this, I encourage you to join us if you can make it tomorrow at 3:00PM EST to claim the other Hall, Gilded Hollow, for our secondary overflow guild GAFO. I have looked into it and it says that for this one you need:
Exalted Mastery Lvl 1
Access to the Auric Basin map.

Again, I'm sorry about this turn of events and hopefully everything from this point forward will be a lot more straightfoward. It is confirmed, at least, that actually accessing the Guild Hall once we have it claimed has no prerequisites and anyone will be able to come explore it.

Anno

Lol I crashed, couldn't reconnect and even after a restart can't log in. Gonna keep messing with it. Hope you all win!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there a way to "transfer looks", so to speak? I wanna create a new character instead of using my 2+ year olds but want to keep their looks... can I "save" the profile somehow?

Trey

Is there a way to "transfer looks", so to speak? I wanna create a new character instead of using my 2+ year olds but want to keep their looks... can I "save" the profile somehow?

You can recreate them exactly. There's no creation code to plug in that will get you the exact look instantaneously though. And transmutation stones allow you to use any skin you have unlocked in the game account wide. So a particular armor look is but a trip to the hero panel away.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You can recreate them exactly. There's no creation code to plug in that will get you the exact look instantaneously though. And transmutation stones allow you to use any skin you have unlocked in the game account wide. So a particular armor look is but a trip to the hero panel away.

but how can I recreate them exactly when I don't remember what slider settings I used? :p Can I get that info from somewhere?

not talking about armor yet ofc

So my interwebz started acting up during the guild hall seizing and I got crashed out of the client,

So, you know, sorry for abandoning the guild in their time of need!

Edit: Turns out I made in time for the final few tries!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So i'm playing a lot around with the snap to target for AoE skills, and while very cool and generally useful, I don't think it's right for the gamepad solution (unlike the lock to max-range option, which is totally perfect for it). I think I'm gonna recommend gamepad users do leave that option unchecked in the end.

Stiler

Man, I haven't played for like two years and I feel so lost now...all my skills it said (When I logged in) were reset and placed into areas that most resembled my "old build" and I have no idea what to do now lol.

Was level 57 when I last played.

Sorry I had to bail on you guys -- I've actually been sick the last two days, and it was about all I could do to be there for as long as I was. T-T Body started giving me the... the feels.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We did it! Thanks SO much to everyone who stuck around.

That was way, way harder than I ever expected they would have made it. Quite rewarding.
FhEFAHL.jpg
Our new home! More pics to come.

Fishious

Man that guild hall claiming was rough. However it cemented my decision to take Blood Magic for Reaper. That shit was invaluable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Really weird, there was a staircase up to the very top of LP up past the crystals that now seems like it's been walled off? I took a picture of the area. :T
I was able to get there once, and then it was forever sealed off like the gateway to Narnia...

Sorry for the off topic, but do you folks think GW1 and its expansions would be replayable solo these days? I had so much fun back when it came out and I imagine its a ghost town now but I'd like to replay some of that stuff and I wonder if it's even possible and if it's good just playing alone.

Whenever I jump back into GW2 I just get reminded how much I love the worldbuilding Anet does.

Fishious

Sorry for the off topic, but do you folks think GW1 and its expansions would be replayable solo these days? I had so much fun back when it came out and I imagine its a ghost town now but I'd like to replay some of that stuff and I wonder if it's even possible and if it's good just playing alone.

In the later years they changed it to allow you to have a full team of heroes, so last time I played most content was doable solo. Dunno how much fun it is solo though.

Also did guild hall claiming tonight, it went pretty well for a small guild. There was only like six of us on at that time. Got all the upgrades up to workshop, but that has some time gated stuff so had to stop there for tonight.

That guild hall you claimed, are they instanced areas or are they out in the real game world? Would be cool if out in the real game world. Even cooler if you had to defend it every week or fortnight like War of Emperium on Ragnarok Online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom