• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

npanciroli

Neo Member
If I play through the personal story as a brand new player will I miss anything as far as story and lore. What I mean is was there stuff in previous seasons that was timed and unavailable now?

Stuart444

If I play through the personal story as a brand new player will I miss anything as far as story and lore. What I mean is was there stuff in previous seasons that was timed and unavailable now?

Season 1 of the Living World. There is a recap of it (I missed it as well, wish they redid it and put it in for players who missed it like with S2 and S3 ;_; ) which works well enough I guess.

S2 and S3 can be bought via gems on the store when you get to them.

It goes:

Base story -> LWS1 (recap) -> LWS2 -> Heart of Thorns -> LWS3 -> Path of Fire (next month)

All of season 1, unfortunately. Thankfully for you, half of season 1 was fluff. There's a cutscene integrated in the story journal interface that will explain the main plot points of the relevant stuff, and it does a passable job. But... it's still just a cutscene. This is one of the biggest story issues the game has, tbh.
Ahhh I need patch notes, this balance patch is gonna be huge
Literally sitting on character selection waiting for patchnotes to decide what to do today.

Anno

Is there some secret way to maximise farming of unbound magic? Or is it generally best just to play through the zones and do stuff as normal and it'll all roll in?

npanciroli

Neo Member
Season 1 of the Living World. There is a recap of it (I missed it as well, wish they redid it and put it in for players who missed it like with S2 and S3 ;_; ) which works well enough I guess.

S2 and S3 can be bought via gems on the store when you get to them.

It goes:

Base story -> LWS1 (recap) -> LWS2 -> Heart of Thorns -> LWS3 -> Path of Fire (next month)

All of season 1, unfortunately. Thankfully for you, half of season 1 was fluff. There's a cutscene integrated in the story journal interface that will explain the main plot points of the relevant stuff, and it does a passable job. But... it's still just a cutscene. This is one of the biggest story issues the game has, tbh.
Literally sitting on character selection waiting for patchnotes to decide what to do today.

Thanks everyone, super helpful :D.

Massicot

Is there some secret way to maximise farming of unbound magic? Or is it generally best just to play through the zones and do stuff as normal and it'll all roll in?

Afaik, farming berries in bitterfrost is still the main grind friendly method. Can easily get about 50 per character, but it can be frustrating to deal with the chill and what not. Other than that, I guess just LS3 dailies or potentially grabbing the unbound harvesting tools from the gem store.

Stuart444

Afaik, farming berries in bitterfrost is still the main grind friendly method. Can easily get about 50 per character, but it can be frustrating to deal with the chill and what not. Other than that, I guess just LS3 dailies or potentially grabbing the unbound harvesting tools from the gem store.

Is Unbound Magic important enough to grind? Getting a new comp tomorrow so I should be back and playing tomorrow for the first time in 11 months or so (I log in using the laptop every so often to check things and make sure I get the LW updates on my account but I play with my partner so we need both a comp and the laptop to play properly :( )

I got all of LWS3 to play more or less. started episode 1 before I stopped and did an event that rewarded Unbound Magic but I don't think I got to a bit where it was explained (or I just forgot, idk)

Morokh

Is Unbound Magic important enough to grind? Getting a new comp tomorrow so I should be back and playing tomorrow for the first time in 11 months or so (I log in using the laptop every so often to check things and make sure I get the LW updates on my account but I play with my partner so we need both a comp and the laptop to play properly :( )

You can buy two types of material bags with it and although they are random in what you get, it's an easy way to transform this currency into mats, and if you sell everything it's a decent way to make some gold.

I got all of LWS3 to play more or less. started episode 1 before I stopped and did an event that rewarded Unbound Magic but I don't think I got to a bit where it was explained (or I just forgot, idk)

Unbound Magic gets you some awesome stuff super, super cheap. Ascended trinkets and back piece with all Heart of Thorns stats (Vipers in particular is hard to get and they are a godsend. It's also meta for most classes for PvE damage dealers). Ascended Aqua Breathers if you're like me and want top gear in all slots but can't bring yourself to craft one of the things. And once you're done with those the Rare Magic bundles are amazing for converting magic directly into profit.

If there's any living world map worth playing for the rewards, it's Bitterfrost Frontier because of how out of tune the rewards are compared to the other maps. All the maps have great ascended rewards but holy shit are the Bitterfrost ones quick to get.

Ahhh I need patch notes, this balance patch is gonna be huge

"Condition damage builds have been heavily nerfed to build excitement for Path of Fire's condition damage builds."

"Fixed a bug crash."

Stuart444

thanks for the answers folks :)

Looking forward to checking out the new (for me since I've not done LWS3) maps and even more to Elona stuff next month :D

zdenko1

I'm slowly getting back to GW2, finishing LWS2, HoS and LWS3 and readying up for PoF. I would like to join GAF guild but can't find info about it anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Patch notes are up. Patch in a few.
Patch live.
Bc5UqkS.jpg

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-8-2017
The change to Berserker's Power is a nerf to Berserker and a buff to spellbreaker. Gonna be meta 100%

Morokh

EU still down, but you can patch the game anyway.

Most likely contains most of what's needed for the PoF demos, the data-mines will certainly be juicy :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I understand the ammo system correctly- if you have full ammo on Arcane Wave you can do a crazy spike triple blast all at once, right? love that skill.

Wanderer5

Oh wow pip changes.

-Being in first place with war score now grants 5 pips instead of 3.
-Being in second place with war score now grants 4 pips instead of 2.
-Being in third place with war score now grants 3 pips instead of 1.
-WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets have been reduced in the last chest of each division but have been added to every chest.

Kind of a weird thing to leave in the game unhindered for 5 years and then remove lol. RIP loot stick you were good to me.

I don't understand this change, it's like they went back in time and heard the QQing from 2012 and finally decided to nerf it..hahahaha

Massicot

:x

Glad they finally made these options, instead of actually tweaking these weapons' sound like they proposed.

I just heard that it is more apparently. Might be around 365 now if you reach the end of diamond.

Also, I'm dumb, this means you can redo diamond over and over for no ticket cap for a week, right?

Edit: The amount of comments on the reddit SPECIFIC to the loot-stick change out of the whole patch is kind of remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom