• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to hijack a friend's account for a few hours today.

Hyped. Game runs very well on my old HD5850. Settings on medium/high, FXAA/Vsync on and it never dips below 40 fps, even when the fights go crazy. Most of the time a stable 60 frames.

Game plays so much smoother compared to the few minutes of beta I played a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to dive into the game myself on tuesday.

Damn man what CPU do you have. I'm getting 40fps with drops to low 30s on my 5850. Running at 1440x900 to boot. game is great but feels a bit slow at times.

Vodh

So. I came back from work (damn you 10 hours shift on the first headstart day!) and got in. Gandara is full so I ended up on some other random server >.> hopefully I'll be able to change my homeworld in a couple of hours (?). And to make things worse, it seems impossible to join the GAF guild now, and the signup thread on gafguild.com is closed... What should I do to ensure I'll be able to play with you, GAF?

There is some really beautiful scenery in this game.

diellegw2004k7u1q.jpg

Dat sword.

Where'd you get it?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Is the only way to get the keys for the Black Lion Chests to buy them from the store?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are there jumping puzzles (not vistas) in the norn starting zone/hoelbraek? I wanna do some but dunno where to go :D

HKnightz

hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but what does it mean when my computer suddenly freezes/restarts while playing the game? I have a galaxy 470gtx video card with the fans blasting, yet temps are usually around 80C under full load, no OC. I'm wondering if it's the video card or the power supply which i think is 550W.

LeCapitan

Neo Member
Anyone figured out how to actually play with the people in your party? ANet tried to make a game to play with your friends and completely failed it seems.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, I really feel like I'm missing something. I am no stranger to MMORPGs but everything about this game feels super obtuse and unclear so far with the quests never feeling particularly defined or laid out in any way.

KingKong

is anyone else finding the events/hearts to be really lackluster? I'm really early on, obviously (level 8 so in the first Norn 1-15 zone) but they just seem like huge clusterfucks with 50 people running around killing everything really quick, and even though they're not called quests, I've been collecting things for at least a third of them

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Worst part about the game is whenever you change areas you get SENT straight to the overflow server. I'm not even sure why it doesn't work like - if you enter your main server once, you never haft to leave it again.>:

The system is going be annoying when it comes to organizing groups with friends methinks.

Nekrono

Can someone tell me why my game is locked to 50 FPS?? I've set the FPS limiter to 60 and my refresh rate is also set to 60.

Also, is there any way to force AA on AMD other than FXAA? I'd like to improve image quality and I would guess a 6950 is more than enough for that with this game.

is anyone else finding the events/hearts to be really lackluster? I'm really early on, obviously (level 8 so in the first Norn 1-15 zone) but they just seem like huge clusterfucks with 50 people running around killing everything really quick, and even though they're not called quests, I've been collecting things for at least a third of them

Hearts, although they are the first tasks you notice, should be the last tasks you do. It's much more efficient to explore and do events while gathering - if you're lucky, you'll finish a heart while simultaneously doing an event in the same area.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Worst part about the game is whenever you change areas you get SENT straight to the overflow server. I'm not even sure why it doesn't work like - if you enter your main server once, you never haft to leave it again.>:

The system is going be annoying when it comes to organizing groups with friends methinks.
It's bugged- this problem has been simply and efficiently solved, the feature just isn't working properly at the moment.

When you're in a party and some members are in the overflow, you can just right-click them in your party list and click "Join in." It worked great in BWE2. However as of my last trying this gave me a network error... hope it's fixed swiftly!
You're not alone. My friend and I are completely lost as well.
Have you guys watched this tutorial vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6XccPXb7Do&feature=player_embedded

Plumpman

Yes.

I also really wish it would give an area indicator of a different color than dynamic events to show the boundaries of whats accepted in the heart, since they have it for other events.

Panda Rin

I really had no idea what I was doing last night. I'm guessing things will sort of mesh out in the upcoming weeks. To be honest, I didn't expect anything revolutionary to come about these quests. I find them to be like any normal quest in any other MMO, just presented in a different way to give a sort of illusion that you're actually doing something different.

Bsigg12

I really had no idea what I was doing last night. I'm guessing things will sort of mesh out in the upcoming weeks. To be honest, I didn't expect anything revolutionary to come about these quests. I find them to be like any normal quest in any other MMO, just presented in a different way to give a sort of illusion that you're actually doing something different.

They eliminate the need to find a specific NPC to get and finish the quest. They're streamlining the process which is nice. Still the same kill so many of these things, collect this, or defend this, but without the hassle of beginning/ending the quest.

Nekrono

After selecting your server homeworld can you transfer to another server for free? I heard someone say that at the beginning you can do that for free one time I think.

I'm level 16 with 29 leatherworking and 47 huntsman. I don't want to go to the next zone because I can't use the tier 2 crafting mats yet. Where is the best place I can go to get fine crafting materials and leather? I already have enough copper ore. Leather seems really hard to come by if its strictly obtained from salvaging, and I can't level up anymore huntsman without fine crafting materials.

Proven

I'm level 16 with 29 leatherworking and 47 huntsman. I don't want to go to the next zone because I can't use the tier 2 crafting mats yet. Where is the best place I can go to get fine crafting materials and leather? I already have enough copper ore. Leather seems really hard to come by if its strictly obtained from salvaging, and I can't level up anymore huntsman without fine crafting materials.

Normally, at this point you'd just use the Trading Post, and that's borked. So you can either wait anyway, you can inefficiently buy medium level armor from an armorsmith, or you have to grind. Sorry.

I really wished they got the Trading Post back up and running...

Proven

Question, does the damage on your OH actually matter? Or just its stats?

I need to check it again, but last I checked it was averaged with the attack value of your Main Hand. So yes, even if it's just a Warhorn, it does matter.

Not having fun on warrior or Elementalist. Time to give thief one more try.
What about them do you not like? What are you looking for as your playstyle?

KingKong

Oh btw, how important is crafting/professions? I never liked it in mmos, felt like a job, hoping I dont have to do anything here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom