• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i think we will be having many server issue tomorrow shall be interesting

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Which bag recipe?

It was some leather bag recipe that you can purchase with karma points. Im trying to figure out where the bloody hell it was.

Its in the Charr zone somewhere. Am still searching wasting a ton of copper warping around lol

Acidote

Well, they sent me an e-mail telling me I can play now even when I was supposed to have a three day headstart.

Turns out I can't. Same error. Worst game launch I've ever experienced. Even worse than D3. At least I'll have time today to set up my new rig.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well, they sent me an e-mail telling me I can play now even when I was supposed to have a three day headstart.

Turns out I can't. Same error. Worst game launch I've ever experienced. Even worse than D3. At least I'll have time today to set up my new rig.

The launch is just fine, and your issue doesn't seem widespread at all. So...it's nothing like D3.

Item Box

So glad my next semester starts tomorrow, I've never been so attached to a game in years. At least school will keep me from getting burned out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, I don't like not knowing what's going on in any sense, and I have trouble clicking on the enemy when there are 1000 allies crowding around it. I prefer fights with moderate amounts of allies. I don't like it when it's 30 allies to 2 enemies. It's also one of the issues I have with WvW. It's just too messy. Battles are just massive spam fests that are completely indecipherable. It bores me. And it's a shame because the combat in the game is very nice when it's not

I have zero problem figuring out what's going on. Why are you clicking on enemies with your mouse? You should be using tab.

That's why I state it's the worst lauch I've ever experienced.

Fair enough!

What's your error anyway? Did you try contacting support?

F!ReW!Re

So far the only area that my PC is having trouble with is the Black Citadel, did some of the beginning story missions for my Charr character and I had to get inside of the Citadel up to the commanding officer.

Game slowed down to a crawl and the weird thing is it was even doing that after I entered the instanced area...

Chanser

iCEefySMQzyrW.jpg

Shame this skill challenge won't appear, we ended up crying in the end. :(

Parakeetman

I think that's happening to me, too. But I've been doing a ton of dynamic events to make up for it.

What race?

Ogre

---

Purging flames + Symbol of Wrath = bad day for the bad guys when you throw down both at once then do that spin attack with the greatsword. :D

F!ReW!Re

How often do events reset?

I would say around 10-20 minutes.

But there are some "chained-events" that contain multiple smaller events that lead up to a big finale.
Those take longer to reset because ofcourse the whole "chained-event" takes a lot longer to finish...

Nymerio

How solo-friendly is this game? I read there are area quests, kinda like Warhammer. Do I need to be in a guild and raid for hours without pause to enjoy the content?

Solo friendliest MMO I've ever played. I'm only about level 15 or so though, so things might change later on, I don't think they will though. I've spent the whole day yesterday doing the sylvari starter zone and I never had to search for a group. Events scale to the number of players anyway so you can do them solo if you want. Can't remember a lot of events I did solo because there's tons of people around and everyone generally participates in ongoing events.

A question for people playing thief: How do you handle multiple enemies (PVE)?. I did a story mission yesterday where tons of enemies spawned and trying to melee them was impossible because I died too fast. I usually go dual dagger or sword/dagger with dual pistols, but I had to swap in a shortbow to AOE the mobs down from a distance.

Is there any way to handle multiple mobs with melee weapons?

Totalriot

It was some leather bag recipe that you can purchase with karma points. Im trying to figure out where the bloody hell it was.

Its in the Charr zone somewhere. Am still searching wasting a ton of copper warping around lol

Is this a special bag or bigger than the normal 8 slot bags you'll get with some professions?

Spookie said:
If it's a recipe I think I'm right in saying you can discover it if you put the right collection of mats together. It's how I discovered Runes of health and crafting bags.

Could you please eleborate what these bags are and how to make them?

F!ReW!Re

A question for people playing thief: How do you handle multiple enemies (PVE)?. I did a story mission yesterday where tons of enemies spawned and trying to melee them was impossible because I died too fast. I usually go dual dagger or sword/dagger with dual pistols, but I had to swap in a shortbow to AOE the mobs down from a distance.

Is there any way to handle multiple mobs with melee weapons?

Playing Sylvari Thief too.
I use dual daggers and a short bow. What I normally do vs. multiple foes:

1. Start with laying down some of your traps (skills, I picked calltrops and other slows/stunning traps and I use the plant skill sentry.

2. I use the bow first, shoot that explosive arrow to aggro them.
Then lay down the posion field in the area where my traps are.

3. They run through the traps, getting slowed/stunned and poisoned while I keep shooting arrows.

4. They recover and start running towards me.
Just before they reach me, I use the 5th bow skill to teleport behind them (maybe laying down another trap/poison field if it's off of cool down.

5. I switch to dual daggers. First use the 4th skill to throw the bouncing dagger and hit multiple enemies.
Then when they get close I summersault using the 3rd dagger skill and attack them .
If needed I can use my healing skill or use the 5th dagger skill to go into stealth and walk up behind for a nice backstab doing lots of damage.

Basically this way I never die and get in a lot of damage before even having the need to go into melee combat.
Melee combat does a lot of damage and I usually spam that 3rd skill when in melee.

Hope this helps :)

Parakeetman

Is this a special bag or bigger than the normal 8 slot bags you'll get with some professions?

Could you please eleborate what these bags are and how to make them?

Thats what Im trying to figure out currently. Actually will see if I can switch my profession and check. I forgot if I purchased the recipe or not though. Will write back.

I still cant find the bloody NPC though. Its driving me up the wall.

Ferrio

Banned
Thats what Im trying to figure out currently. Actually will see if I can switch my profession and check. I forgot if I purchased the recipe or not though. Will write back.

I still cant find the bloody NPC though. Its driving me up the wall.

You don't actually purchase recipes in this game... very very few you do. You discover the recipes yourself.

Sword + Torch Mesmer is so fun!

I have a question in the Charr starting area:

ibqb3HVs6TRyTr.jpg

How do you get this point of interest? I've looked everywhere! I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the way point next to it being contested.

Nymerio

Playing Sylvari Thief too.
I use dual daggers and a short bow. What I normally do vs. multiple foes:

1. Start with laying down some of your traps (skills, I picked calltrops and other slows/stunning traps and I use the plant skill sentry.

2. I use the bow first, shoot that explosive arrow to aggro them.
Then lay down the posion field in the area where my traps are.

3. They run through the traps, getting slowed/stunned and poisoned while I keep shooting arrows.

4. They recover and start running towards me.
Just before they reach me, I use the 5th bow skill to teleport behind them (maybe laying down another trap/poison field if it's off of cool down.

5. I switch to dual daggers. First use the 4th skill to throw the bouncing dagger and hit multiple enemies.
Then when they get close I summersault using the 3rd dagger skill and attack them .
If needed I can use my healing skill or use the 5th dagger skill to go into stealth and walk up behind for a nice backstab doing lots of damage.

Basically this way I never die and get in a lot of damage before even having the need to go into melee combat.
Melee combat does a lot of damage and I usually spam that 3rd skill when in melee.

Hope this helps :)

I shoot them with my bow.

Sounds like I'll have to swap my dual pistols for the bow. I think I'll go back to dual daggers as well. The sword is nice but the second sword skill with the teleport doesn't seem all that useful in pve. What other skills are you using? I'm currently running around with Spider Venom and the precision sigil and using the default healing skill. I'll try out the other healing skills today, I really like the stealth the default heal provides though.

Ferrio

Banned
Sounds like I'll have to swap my dual pistols for the bow. I think I'll go back to dual daggers as well. The sword is nice but the second sword skill with the teleport doesn't seem all that useful in pve. What other skills are you using? I'm currently running around with Spider Venom and the precision sigil and using the default healing skill. I'll try out the other healing skills today, I really like the stealth the default heal provides though.

The on hit healing is really nice. If I wasn't going with a backstab build I'd of used it instead of the stealth heal.

But ya, sword is really crappy in PvE... hell I think it's crappy in PvP too. The whole teleporting around doesn't seem to really be of much use.

Nymerio

What's your backstab build? I'm running around with as much precision gear as I could find/craft and have so far dumped all trait points into the precision line (can't remember the name).

I imagine the teleport sword skill can be quite useful in pvp. The range of the back teleport seems quite large so it could be really good way to get away quickly.

Ferrio

Banned
What's your backstab build? I'm running around with as much precision gear as I could find/craft and have so far dumped all trait points into the precision line (can't remember the name).

I imagine the teleport sword skill can be quite useful in pvp. The range of the back teleport seems quite large so it could be really good way to get away quickly.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/th...1728|30|2199|1600|746|10|727|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Though not using wire, or the stealth trap in pve, not worth it. Using the RUN FAST signet, precision signet, and spider venom.

Poison build might be better for pve too.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/th...|0|20|2199|2387|0|0|0|0|0|20|1811|2419|0|0|0|

Xane

Sword + Torch Mesmer is so fun!

I have a question in the Charr starting area:

ibqb3HVs6TRyTr.jpg

How do you get this point of interest? I've looked everywhere! I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the way point next to it being contested.

Haha, you're supposed to re-enter the tomb where you fought your first boss in the tutorial stage.
From there, you can access this POI.

Aeana

Man, this game. I just managed to 100% Rata Sum, and now I know that most of my time in this game will be spent exploring maps.

F!ReW!Re

What other skills are you using? I'm currently running around with Spider Venom and the precision sigil and using the default healing skill. I'll try out the other healing skills today, I really like the stealth the default heal provides though.

I really dig the traps to slow/stun enemies while I just keep shooting at them with the bow.
I use the 2nd healing ability because I really dig the backward lunge to get out of the heat of battle. Maybe I'll try out that on-hit healing skill tonight, see how that works..

I like the "turret" skill because the plant turret actually aggro's enemies as well (which will keep it off of you for a couple of seconds in which you can heal and lay some more traps). Also stopped using the swords as I found the skills not that useful. The dual pistols are nice, but I think the bow is a better option to attack foes at range.

Halfway to 10. Do I just grind it out with world events?

Explore, do the skill events, join those world events and do the view point quests..

Lyng

Man, this game. I just managed to 100% Rata Sum, and now I know that most of my time in this game will be spent exploring maps.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. It is amazing how this game invites to exploration. The Visa's and jumping puzzles, the interactive NPC's (yeah SWTOR I am looking at you), and the variation in the landscapes, really draws you in. I feel like part of a world instead of just part of a game.
This kind of immersion has not hit me in an MMO before.

JonCha

Sword and torch as a ranger is awesome. Can burn twice over, poison, and use my 7 skill to inflict bleeding with attacks. And then I can switch to my Longbow and jump back and push the enemies away (sometimes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom